Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks Cleaning House

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What does everyone make of all the 'firings' happening down on Orca Bay Way recently?

Seems to be quite a bit of a change... a power struggle perhaps?

Mike Burnstein being let go is an odd one though a great opportunity (like he needs more) for Rico

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Been ongoing for the past year, starting with the catering crew.

We picked up a new network tech from them for a bucket of pucks and a draft choice to be named later...:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd have expected it. New management, they will do things their way.

Who else, besides Burnstein?

~Outoftheloop.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Gilman (capologist), Henning and some other higher up were canned last week.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Are you so far out that you haven't heard Lack and Kassian were traded?

We also fired Torts.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, heard about those. Didn't like the Lack deal at all, and disliked Kassian even more. That said, on the Kassian front, three coaches have "tried" to untap the potential, so there must be something else holding him back. Thinking off-ice issues.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was listening to the radio and Burrows had told a French news outlet that Kassian would get lumps literally the size of baseballs on his back from tight muscles etc. have a feeling the back his back is a bit of a mess.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Putting stamp on things is OK. Shipping Matthias out and keeping Vey is a bad mistake. Kassian is young he will figure it out. He needs to stop take it out on him self. Nerves are hard things to deal with. Kassian needs doctors help. Cole Cassels is a dam good player guys he can make the team. Vertinen will be given a chance also. Both as good as Kassian.
We all know well that team needs Cody Franson here. Sbisa or Corado could be going the other way. If Benning wants to retool the team with out guy like Franson there is no way we will make the play offs.
Shinkaruk is also good young player given a chance. Keeping Higgens and sending Shinkaruk to Utica is not development. Or at least bring Sentirelli back the guy can score. Both he and Franson are out there still.
With out few known names seats will sit empty. I am not paying to watch that D. Not paying to watch Vey get pushed around and Higgens scoring ten goals a year. We will be good for four goals a game against with the D we have.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude did you listen to Linden and Bennig today. Both said that they could have moved Miller. In my opinion club could have used money to buy Cody Franson to shore the D and to be a rifle man on PK. Lack is more than ready. Sad to see him go.
Matthias was not even given a contract. In my opinion mistake number two. Sure we have Gernier in Utica to take that spot. But guy that scores 18 goals is not easy to find.
Clendening and Corado are two years away from adding 15 to 20 points a year in NHL. I just do not see it. Giving one guy a spot yes but two guys with same talent in my opinion both number six or 7 D.
I hope they rethink the plan a bit and do add Franson even if we have to part with one youth.
Kids in development camp are two three years away from staying. I do not think even Vertinen will stick it with the big club unless coach just goes with the flow. Gernier yes Clendening yes Cole Cassels by far the most ready for NHL. He is injured but should be OK by the season start.
I know it is all about money but to me ship will leak bad unless they add a goal score up top or D that gets 30 points a year.
It takes at least 12 guys with 30 points or more to make the play offs. What is your opinion on their moves so fa?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0