Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Caps host Puerto Rico in USL Final!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
also reading on the V's board...

The reason has come out...The USL has admitted that the main determining reason the game was awarded to Vancouver and Not PR was the pressure applied by Fox Sports World/Fox Soccer Channel and their want to have the game in Vancouver instead of Puerto Rico for logistical reasons (read $$$)

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps are up 1-0 with 30 to go in the game.....goal scorer was Charles Gbeke ( an ex Puerto Rico Islander).

Hard Ballz

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
All 3 goals were nice headers where the attacker just outhustled/outjumped the defenders...

Really well done game. The Place was packed, but didn't feel as disorganized as the TFC match...Beer lineups were diabolical, but that was really my only complaint on the evening.

Southsiders were really loud and were an organized bunch for once,

Nash, Gage, and Moose were all really effective all game

Teitur didn't make 1 sub.

Of the players that started the game there were 5 Canadians, and 2 Naturalized Canadians
Canucks: Ethan Gage (17 years old :eek:) Martin Nash, Alfredo Valente, Steve Kindel, Jeff Clarke
Charles Gbeke was born in the Ivory Coast, but was raised in Montreal and is a capped Canadian Nat, Eddie Sebrango defected from the Cuban team while in Edmonton and now holds Canadian Citizenship.
Jason Jordan and Geordie Lyall didn't get in, but if Subs were to be made surely those two would have got in.

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey JBN:

I think you're wrong with regard to Eddie Sebrango's info... i'll update you later, but I'm sure he didn't leave the Cuban team in Edmonton.

P2010

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eddie Had 16 goals in 24 apps for Cuba, he defected in 1998, and then signed with the Caps in 1999. Then he went to Rochester, then Hershey, then Montreal and subsequently returned to the Caps in a trade for Dan Antoniuk. All Facts,

What I was told was that he defected from the Cuban team while in Edmonton, this I was just told, and don't know to be 100% gospel truth.

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN said:
Eddie Had 16 goals in 24 apps for Cuba, he defected in 1998, and then signed with the Caps in 1999. Then he went to Rochester, then Hershey, then Montreal and subsequently returned to the Caps in a trade for Dan Antoniuk. All Facts,

True...(partially)

But I do remember that he married a lady who at the time worked
for the CSA (Kim). They met in Edmonton, and somehow she felt in love with Eddie, she arranged all the papers for Eddie to leave Cuba, this included big connections at the highest political levels in both countries. They do have a baby girl, and I understand they are divorced. In fact, Eddie can go to Cuba anytime he wants...something he couldn't do if he had defected.

Anyways Eddie is a good guy...and some people may look a him differently...therefore this explanation.

Congratulations to the Whitecaps...well done.

P2010

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think anyone thought of Eddie or talks about him in a bad light, he is a great footballer (on this continent) and magically fit for his age. And he is an even better human being from what I am told.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think anyone thought of Eddie or talks about him in a bad light, he is a great footballer (on this continent) and magically fit for his age. And he is an even better human being from what I am told.

Sounds like you would pump him, JBN, if you had the chance? He's not Kenny Miller though, is he?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0