Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Caps vs Miami 20090612

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was that Vancouver or Newcastle tonight?

:D

3-2 Caps but the talking point will be the 2 caps going at it on the pitch in the last few minutes.

Apparently something boiling over from training.

Not really surprised that Gbeke was one of them - he seems a bit self-centered... not that I've met him personally.

Bobbaduzzi didn't looked pleased afterwards either...

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Regs But posted this one in the wrong thread.

Got to watch the last 15 minutes of Whitecaps vs Miami in Shaw... Don't know what happened before but I saw the amazing ACT BY TWO PLAYERS FROM THE WHITECAPS (Charles and Gbeke), two "PROFESSIONAL" players that showed to everyone how selfish they are (it was like two players from an English team fought in an international game years ago). It did not matter to them the TEAM, for them was more important ...errr THEM. The referee should ejected both of them at the same time but Gbeke had another chance but keep going after being sub, kicking the water bottles therefore receiving a red card when he was on the bench.

WHAT A DISPLAY.

IS THIS GOING TO HAPPEN IN A CONCACAF CHAMPIONSHIP OR MSL GAME?

I guess we have to ask Mr. Charles and Mr. Gbeke (if they are part of the team....Doubt it)

LOW LOW LOW CLASS

Ohhh Maybe JBN could give his 2 cents about it.

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will wait for the outcome of the situation.

Then I will consider to cancel the season tix, don't want to spend money to see this show.

Pacific2010

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's what happened: A few of us talked to Wes Knight and others after the game last night.

Wes Charles was getting "stuck into Gbeke" about the game not being over yet, and it bolied over. Simple as that, for the two of them to act like little babies is unacceptable.

I would look for a long spell of pine riding from Gbeke in the near future now that James is fit, Haber is playing really well, Orgill is with the team, and Edwini-Bonsu is back from Germany. If I was Teitur I would potentially look at simply cutting him. He acted that big a clown last night. It was the first time in 5 years I have seen the Southside react negatively to a Caps player other than pisstaking. There were boos, and comments and shouts to grow up etc.

Wes Charles is always into his teammates, he is really the general on the pitch since Clarke left, very vocal, very "Stuck into" his teammates. He is easily the most intense player ont he park, and probably their best overall player. I have seen him lash out at Justin Moose, Ansou Toure, Marlon James, and they all know he is just being a vocal leader. Gbeke lost the plot last night,

and yes there was some bad blood in training supposedly and this IS a carry-over from that.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great little cheeky article from Ian MacIntyre.

Especially love his rules: :D
DO NOT celebrate goals by waving away teammates so the spotlight and glory are yours alone.

DO NOT dive unless there is a pool.

DO NOT get on a stretcher unless you plan to ride it to hospital where an organ donor is waiting.

DO NOT give away penalties.

DO NOT take beer from the cooler without paying.

DO NOT hack, then whine to the referee when you are hacked back.

DO NOT whine about anything else.

DO NOT ball watch.

DO NOT lobby to have opponents sent off.

DO NOT do anything but proceed directly and respectfully off when substituted.

DO NOT show up teammates.

DO NOT wear socks above the knee unless you are a Victoria’s Secret model.

DO NOT wear pantyhose when it is cold.

DO NOT hog all the free kicks.

DO NOT fight a teammate, at home, in front of paying fans, while your team is winning.

In many parts of the soccer world, the above is actually considered a DO list. Except for the rules about beer and fighting with teammates during games, which are universally understood and accepted.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cannot believe that the league only gave them one game suspensions and all along Duzzi is saying that they will follow up with more discipline. So he adds another one game suspension. Bush league is all I can say - they should have got half a dozen games each.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JTL,

They cannot afford to have these guys miss more. They have topped up the suspension. I would have rather seen Gbeke punted full stop. The cold reality is that with all the injuries at the back in central defense, the departure of Justin Thomson, and now this, the only guys capable of playing Centre Back for the Caps right now are Marco Reda (Slow), Mason Trafford (Young & Inexperienced/prone to mistakes) and Ethan Gage (17/18 years old, only played the position when Clarke was there to cover him from Midfield or vice versa)

They couldn't afford to miss Wes Charles more than 2.

Gbeke on the other hand is well covered with Haber, James, Bonsu, & Orgill.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0