Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CCAA 2001 Championships

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Result in from Medicine Hat:

Mens: Langara 3 - 1 U of New Brunswick

Womens: Capilano 8 - 1 Mt. St. Vincent U.

Go BC Go !!

Cheers, Mackers.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey all,

Just managed to grab a few minutes to update the happenings from Medicine Hat.

Our first game against New Brunswick was an easier battle than the 3-1 scoreline indicates. We were up 3-buzz with about 15 to go (including missing several quality chances), when we put in our backup keeper and he let in a bit of a softie.

The Maritimes have put in their strongest side in recent memory. Today, they narrowly lost to NAIT 2-1, nearly tieing up the match in the dying minutes of the game. They're a tight defensive unit who defend in numbers and try to counterattack whenever possible.

Tomorrow its NAIT. Winner goes to the gold medal game on Saturday. I should be getting off to sleep soon, a big day is on the horizon.

Cheers,
-Sensei

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't be hard on yourself......

Sensei,

Don't take it too hard. Despite letting the goal in as the back-up, you still have a chance to be Ireland's back-up this year in the Nations Cup, if you choose. I am sure your regular goalie will get over your screw-up.......

Captain

BTW, what kind of a fcuking attitude is that? You are going to bed at 9:05 PM ? If you had any sort of commitment to your team, you would not be signing off at this hour. Anyway, good luck but go out an do what you should be doing in college/university, for fcuk sakes.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

Sensei is the actually starting keeper for langara, and has done quite well from what i heard this year earning himself a second team all-star, which is really impressive due to goalies not usually getting the respect needed when it come to crunch time.

Go BC go!!!

Cheers
JB

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today's youth

Captain, you forget that there's an hour difference between here and Medicine Hat so it was 10:05 when young mmmbop went to bed. Today's youth are just a little more serious about their football than were us old geezers:D Of course, if you'd ever been to Medicine Hat, you'd realize tht the whole town shuts down at 6:00 and the Langara boys were obviously partying hard for 4 more hours.:rolleyes:

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB,

I do believe Captain was taking the piss out of Sensei, or was it not that obvious ??

Cheers, Mackers.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcukers

1) I start. And it was a second-team all-star selection, for those keeping track.

2) I actually stayed out late that night anyways, pissing the night away. Hopefully that qualifies me for the next FAI Nations Cup team. And 10:05 is way past my bedtimes anyways.

3) I hate you Burnsie. We are so not buddies anymore.

4) We beat NAIT in overtime today, 2-1. We're onto the gold medal final tomorrow. And I'm going to bed.

What a crazy game today was. We battled to a scoreless draw with about 5 minutes to go, when NAIT popped in a goal off a header. Then, with about 2 minutes to go and us pushing forward furiously, we managed to hammer home a scrambling equalizer courtesy of Chris Huggins.

In overtime, we got a peno about 3 minutes in, and Gomesy 16 slotted home the golden goal that put us into the final. Yay us. I'll try to get online tomorrow to let you all know how we did.

Cheers,
-Sensei.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You don't win silver....

You lose gold.

Or so the old saying goes. Anyways, we did lose a thriller of a match in the final, 1-0 to Humber College from Toronto. Humber was easily the most skillful and talented side we'd played all year, they came out flying and scored just two minutes in when a corner was improperly cleared and their midfielder hammered home a sweet volley.

We battled hard, which seemed to be our trademark throughout the tourney, but the goal that we needed simply never came. We had several good opportunities to even up the score, but as we pushed forward in waves, Humber used their pace to hurt us with their counterattack. I did manage to make a few saves to keep the lead at one, and Gomesy 16 nearly evened up the match with about 1 minute to go, when his 30-yard dipping volley was parried wide by the Humber keeper. After watching that one, I knew we were just not going to get that elusive goal on the day. We fought, but in the end our slow start really hurt us.

Still, the entire week was awesome, including the social night out at the finest establishment in Medicine Hat - Ezzys. The place reeked of stale piss and sweat, which I believe also doubled as the "special" drink Saturday evening. This evening saw most of us hit the hay at about 5:30am, with a wakeup call just an hour later to ensure that we'd hit the road for a three-hour bus ride to Calgary. Lots of puke on that trip. Nothin like a really long, swaying bus ride at 7:30 to clear up a nasty hangover.

Cheers then,
-Sensei.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TOO BAD YOU GUYS LOST YOUR TALKING TO THE CAPTAIN OF 96 NATIONAL CHAMPS FROM CAP COLLEGE NATINALS WAS A GOOD TIME QUEBEC CHICKS WERE HOT

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That changes everything.....

Zenga,

I take back everything negative I said in that one post. It is not often you get to talk to a captain of a National College Champion. :rolleyes: Well done. That is tremendous.

Captain

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey my new friends

Bucky we were taking Color By # AP

and most of the team was taking Syndicated TV shows 101

but we had a quality team and only giving up 4 goals all season we had a good coach we trained 5 days a week and one fitness training every two weeks at Ambelside(sp)

cap. thanks man.

Guys no hard feelings you guys are alright!!!!!!!!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0