Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CCB Kerfuffle

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't USSL for U-6 to U-12 players? What does that have to do with HPL franchises in Surrey?

Also, if there is hundreds of thousands of dollars floating around between this league and it's clubs, why is so little of it being used on web development? Some of these sites make the VMSL website look revolutionary!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grown-up politics are everywhere in youth amateur sports, I don't think it is necessarily specific to our sport.

That being said, it's a bit sad that the "media" only pick up on these types of stories rather than doing some actual journalism and produce articles on "the right way" of running amateur sports clubs and associations.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/08/06/surrey-bc-soccer_n_7952398.html

BC Soccer needs to step in, suspend the CCB "board" and take over on an interim basis. Nothing else will solve this short-term and let the kids play. I would imagine that if it is not solved this week, it's going to be very difficult to schedule games in all the leagues that CCB participates in for the various age groups.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to CCB's website, the District has decided to reinstate CCB. I still hope the Districts, CCB and BCSA sit down and work out an arrangement to get the USSL under the BC Soccer umbrella.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
How will this issue be resolved? Will the Executive fry, as wished by Utah? Will the Districts get their wrists slapped? Will the issues get resolved before the September soccer season begins? Can there be a long term resolution if there is only one HPL franchise in Surrey and that franchise club has fewer players than CCB and will CCB always feel it needs to do something different because it does not have the HPL franchise?

I don't know enough of the facts to answer the questions, but I hope that CCB, the Districts and BC Soccer sit down and work out an arrangement to have USSL turned into an approved BC Soccer summer league. It might require BC Soccer and its member leagues to give the USSL an exemption from the 3 Player Out of District Rule. They could make a case for an exemption based on the fact that the USSL operates in the Secondary season, thereby not setting a precedent for primary season leagues. The 3 Player Out of District Rule does not apply to the BCSPL. Perhaps it should not apply to leagues which operate in the secondary season. This won't solve the other issues, but it will remove one of the irritants.

Or, you know, they could encourage their top players to play for one of the franchises (there effectively are two in Surrey, for instance) in the BCSPL... you know, like they said they were going to on their website when they thought they had a merger with the Abby Mariners... until it got vetoed... and then their support for the BCSPL was gone from their website faster than Usain Bolt with a tailwind...

Funny how these things happen to the nicest folk...

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to CCB's website, the District has decided to reinstate CCB. I still hope the Districts, CCB and BCSA sit down and work out an arrangement to get the USSL under the BC Soccer umbrella.

Won't happen while you have BCSPL players and metro/gold players also playing USSL.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or, you know, they could encourage their top players to play for one of the franchises (there effectively are two in Surrey, for instance) in the BCSPL... you know, like they said they were going to on their website when they thought they had a merger with the Abby Mariners... until it got vetoed... and then their support for the BCSPL was gone from their website faster than Usain Bolt with a tailwind...

Funny how these things happen to the nicest folk...

:D

Is it true this only goes to U-12? So, we are talking about 11 year old boys?

This whole situation just became more fcuked than it already was...for me, anyhow. If they still wanted an HPL franchise, it won't now happen anytime soon.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a bit odd that it says up to u12...I know kids well into their teens who have played this league over the years...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Suspension lifted by SMSA today so CCB boys can now play in tournaments this weekend and league games next weekend.

Glad to hear some sense came to be... I wonder what type of 'agreements', if any, were made at the 11th hour to get this sorted.

Merseysidejoe

Dec 4, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard something about some merger talks a bit ago but nothing since

I think they are together in the same bed .
Seems odd ..it was just a few years ago they were arguing tooth and nail ...over this and that players ...
They are in cahoots with each other . I know for a fact some of the more higher ups have gone over to ccb .
Some of the Cocahes and staff are not happy about.

But why all the hush hush

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts