Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2008/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spot on, Bigyin........on the tying goal, there were 10 players at or around Ronaldo's shot. I saw the photo. :( I said the same thing while watching at the end.....it's fine playing defensive football in your half of the field at that point.....but not your own 1/3. Far too deep and it was a matter of time before it was broken down. Having said that, I thought Boruc made a balls of it :(

Congrats to Celtic. As a Rangers' supporter, I humbly wish I didn't go into these big Euro nights expecting failure.....even if it's only on home matches. Kudos.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First round knockout stages were drawn today in France .....

Chelsea FC (ENG) v Juventus (ITA)
Villarreal CF (ESP) v Panathinaikos FC (GRE)
Sporting Clube de Portugal (POR) v FC Bayern München (GER)
Club Atlético de Madrid (ESP) v FC Porto (POR)
Olympique Lyonnais (FRA) v FC Barcelona (ESP)
Real Madrid CF (ESP) v Liverpool FC (ENG)
Arsenal FC (ENG) v AS Roma (ITA)
FC Internazionale Milano (ITA) v Manchester United FC (ENG)

The English teams have a tough draw but there should be some cracking matches in February :wa:

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
man, thats a crazy draw! 3 first round matchups of english vs. italian squads......gonna be some bad blood there

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quarter Finals are set:

1. Liverpool vs Chelsea
2. Barcelona vs Bayern Munich
3. Man United vs Porto
4. Villareal vs Arsenal

First leg goes April 7/8

Semis will be 1 vs 2 & 3 vs 4

Man U got the best draw :mad:

Alberta RFC

Dec 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't sure to put this. Apparently this is to be the new home kit for United which has been leaked. The away is apparently much worse.

Attachments

• united kit.jpg
    united kit.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 53

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't sure to put this. Apparently this is to be the new home kit for United which has been leaked. The away is apparently much worse.

and this is supposedly the away kit

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7M8JEE8Avg&annotation_id=annotation_268702&feature=iv"]YouTube - Man Utd AWAY Kit 09/10 - NEWER PICTURES!!![/ame]

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shambles at Old Trafford today ......

United 2 Porto 2

To be fair, I think United were lucky to get a point. Credit to Porto as they attacked for the entire match and always looked dangerous going forward. We're in for a very tough game in Portugal next week.

In Spain, Arsenal got a crucial away goal at Villarreal as they drew 1-1.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair!!!??? Bruno Gomes or whatever the hell his name is gifted your mob the first goal, Rooney never had a better setup!!!

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair!!!??? Bruno Gomes or whatever the hell his name is gifted your mob the first goal, Rooney never had a better setup!!!

Rooney's never had an easier goal but fcuk sakes man, didn't Johnny Evans gift their player their first goal ??!! Evans and O'Shea were Porto's best players today :mad:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's a shame ;) ....... Liverpool getting pumped 3-1 at Anfield

Looks like United and Liverpool can concentrate on the league now :rolleyes:

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
here is my take on the 4 games.....

Villarreal 1-1 arsenal
arsenal with the advantage going into the 2nd game, however i can't see their being a winner in the first 90 of the 2nd leg with a prediction of 1-1 again going to extra time, and a toss up on who wins from then on.

man utd 2-2 Porto
Even with portos advantage going into the 2nd leg i don't see them beating man utd. My prediciton a 1-0 win for untied sending them to the semis.

Barcelona 4-0 Bayern
This one is over already in my opinion. Watching Barcelona today was like watching a practice match with Bayern just doing shadow play. With Barca only needing 1 goal to make Bayern require 6, my prediction for the 2nd leg is easy, im thinking 2-0 barca sending them comfortably into the semis.

Liverpool 1-3 Chelsea
Possibly Chelsea have the biggest advantage of the teams in the quarters, A 3 goal cushion, home game, and the confidence of already beating Liverpool. One down fall for Chelsea being Terry missing the 2nd leg but i think the damage is already done, and even Torres and Gerrard can't revive Liverpool this time. My prediction 1-1. Liverpool may not walk alone but there walking out of the champions league in the quarters this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0