Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2010 / 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bale is phenomenal! If I was rafa I woulda chose zanetti over maicon as bale proved to him that maicons more of attacking threat than a defender. Last time I seen inter get beat like that by an English club must of been when arsenal beat them 5-1 at the San siro, which of course I have on DVD ;)

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sergia Ramos and Xabi Alonso both get deliberate 2nd yellows/ red cards so they have a clean slate going into the round of 16.

Would you say this is a smart play or a douchey move? Should they get additional punishment?

Last edited by a moderator:

geezer

Aug 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
No diferent to feilding a weakened squad when qualified. Smart move as those too will pick up other yellows better to miss a meaniless match!

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should the rules be changed to allow a player to deliberately miss their next game and therefore erase an previous yellow card? That would stop this sort of thing.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
As obvious as it was there's not gonna be any other punishment and there shouldn't be, like someone posted it's no different from fielding a weakened team to prevent injuries. I think it's smart tbh, and if they offer extra punishment for this and don't for wen players dive to earn pk's that win games. Rules are rules and everyone on here woulda done the same if it meant not playing in a meaningless game.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF you missed a good time downtown this aft with me and JAGS once again rooting the lads on against MUFC. We had a good time anyway. As we always do.

Sir M

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All was great until the 87th minute right?

Screw you Walks... ;)

Cheers MBE - One of these days I will make the trip downtown away from the 'burbs, book a limo, and have a good scoff with you all.
Maybe I can get Coach out for a jaunt to the big city one day soon.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done to Mourinho. :) It was hard not to laugh at the video. The man is miles ahead of all the other managers at the moment.

Congratulations to Rangers for getting put into a group that had the worst team in qualifying in it. 3rd place was the only hope and they managed that.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah maybe a Europa game with Coach RF! Thats pretty well the most we can hope for now. Still fun to watch games at lunch...M.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Rangers for getting put into a group that had the worst team in qualifying in it. 3rd place was the only hope and they managed that.

Ok, the scotch sipping and me at work late has you definitely a fish on the line Captain.

I'll remember that when Celtic go minus 1 on aggregate against one of the best teams in the world next time.
Cheers Burnsie - All class. :)

MBE:
Good luck to your Chelsea - They are very much on target to do the deed.
Regardless of recent results.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, the scotch sipping and me at work late has you definitely a fish on the line Captain.

I'll remember that when Celtic go minus 1 on aggregate against one of the best teams in the world next time.
Cheers Burnsie - All class. :)

MBE:
Good luck to your Chelsea - They are very much on target to do the deed.
Regardless of recent results.

If you're talking about, Man United, RF.....remember three years ago, I believe......that same ManUnited team...in fact it was 3 - 3 in aggregate. :D 3-2 away and 1 - 0 at home with Nakamura's cracker :D Even would have won the with the AWAY goals if it was a knockout. ;)

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i can't believe what i just saw with Alonso and Sergio Ramos
ridiculous
they have to change that rule

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
UEFA has charged Jose Mourinho with improper conduct following the controversial second yellow cards earned by Xabi Alonso and Sergio Ramos in Real Madrid's 4-0 victory at Ajax

i should think so

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
While cheating is cheating, is this really outside the rules?

If they don't like it...change the rules.

I don't see why accruing cards is a good idea anyways... It's certainly not going to do anything good for the game by making a guy sit for picking up 3 yellows in the tourney... This crap happens... it affects the games, guys don't tackle the same way etc.

Why not just keep the cards on a game by game basis and leave it at that. If guys are running around hacking people deal with them via special discipline...

It's not rocket science is it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts