Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, that's ****ing awesome for the game of football. AC Milan, one of the most talented teams in Europe AT HOME sits back and plays for a 0 - 0 draw. Great for the game. Either way, Barcelona will gub them in Spain......hopefully. No room for anti-football. We've seen it for ****ing years from Ibrox and now look at them. :D

When you are playing to be the best team in the world, you do what it takes to win just like Lion said. Aka watch hockey and dirty hits (canada vs russia old days). Its not pretty, and sure it doesnt give the best name for the game, but game cant always be beautiful! When your spending hundreds of millions of dollars on players and their salaries, I would be telling my players to park the F*ck*n PLANE ON my 18!!!!! No one in the world can stand up to the talent on Barcelona and the individual skill, if you think any team can play an open field match against them and win ; then you sir are a fool!!! I hope AC Milan does the exact same thing at New Camp and goes to PK's and wins it, im bored of watching Barca dominate teams. We know they can, they have earned the respect of the world...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just appreciate Barcelona for what they have and what they do for the game of football. I've used 'dirty' tactics in the past with youth teams but we aren't getting paid to entertained........AC Milan supporters deserve more than what was put on display the other day. On the away leg, I can see that being a little more realistic but not at home. I'm not a fool. I'm a purist and when home teams who have talent go out to play for a 0 - 0 draw that's rubbish.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
When you are playing to be the best team in the world, you do what it takes to win just like Lion said. Aka watch hockey and dirty hits (canada vs russia old days). Its not pretty, and sure it doesnt give the best name for the game, but game cant always be beautiful! When your spending hundreds of millions of dollars on players and their salaries, I would be telling my players to park the F*ck*n PLANE ON my 18!!!!! No one in the world can stand up to the talent on Barcelona and the individual skill, if you think any team can play an open field match against them and win ; then you sir are a fool!!! I hope AC Milan does the exact same thing at New Camp and goes to PK's and wins it, im bored of watching Barca dominate teams. We know they can, they have earned the respect of the world...

Biased opinion but last year at the Emirates Arsenal played an open field game with them and went onto win 2-1. We should of however tried "parking the plane" at the Nou Camp. I watched the game and actually fell asleep, it was amazingly boring. I would rather watch two teams going for it like the Benfica vs Chelsea game.

BROWN ALE

Jan 27, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
As "anti-football" as it might be, Milan are in a decent position. They are now going to the Nou Camp knowing they have to lose and Barca MUST win. If that game goes 1-1 Milan go through on away goals, a home 0-0 in a two legged tie is not that bad of a position. Obviously a win would have been better, but its better to draw 0-0 at home than 1-1 at home and give up that all important away goal. I am sure that if you ask any Milan fan or any fan of any other team they would take being in the semi-finals as opposed to getting knocked out in the quarter finals, and Milan have set themselves up in a decent position, espcially since they drew 2-2 at the Nou Camp earlier this year.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bayern cruise to a 2-0 win.

FCB took the piss out of Milan today. Messi with a PK brace. Iniesta with the third.

60-40 possession, 8-1 shots on target,

perhaps Milan should have looked to get a goal at home? ;)

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bayern cruise to a 2-0 win.

FCB took the piss out of Milan today. Messi with a PK brace. Iniesta with the third.

60-40 possession, 8-1 shots on target,

perhaps Milan should have looked to get a goal at home? ;)

I didn't see the game but i did see a few pro's tweeting saying that neither pk's should have been awarded. If that's the case that's 4 years in a row that Barca have been given help from ref's to advance. Chelsea vs Barca semi final ref could have given 4 or 5 pk's, Inter the following year Thiago Motta's red card (still didn't beat mourinho's "park the plane"), then RVP's bs red card. Like i said though i didn't see the game i'm only going by what i read.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As am I, I saw bits of it while I was away at lunch, missed any replays of fouls but saw one PK take and the game was one way traffic while I was at BP.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just watched it, both were PKs...guys like Nesta should know better...however the official could have used his discretion given all lf the circumstances on the second one. Barca were dominant anyway, it could have been worse.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw the 2nd one. Some referees let some grabbing go in the penalty box but Nesta's pulling on the shirt was just plain stupid. The ref is watching.....there's no way he couldn't give that penalty. Blatant....and blatantly stupid on Nesta's part.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the refs started calling that more and also gave the 4th official penalty calling authority, it would get rid of that crap
I agree Freddy, very few referees have the balls to make that call against the defending team in that type of scenario. We just need more officials to make those calls and we'll start seeing less of that shite. most referees in that situation would just blow the whistle talk to both parties involved, and the next time around when the players do that again and he'll pretend not to notice and turn a blind eye because he doesn't want that call to potentially decide the game.....however nesta is a complete idiot for even doing that, knowing the official is right there. You would think the players in the champions league would be smarter doing shite like that knowing there are 6 officials present...

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semi-Finals are set after today's matches :

Chelsea vs. Barcelona
Real Madrid vs. Bayern Munich

Both should be excellent games but I see Barcelona battering Chelsea and Real Madrid getting the better of Bayern.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Time for some revenge for the blues!!!!! Hopefully Howard Webb isn't even allowed in the country to f*ck this one up for us!!!!

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're thinking of the wrong guy C4L. Referees from participating countries can't referee a club from their own country. However, he could go fcuk up the Madrid / Bayern game ;)

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Bayern have a decent shot of beating Real. Chelsea versus Barca, not so much

:bronco:

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I picked Bayern at the begninng of the season, despite wanting Madrid to win the whole thing i'm gonna stick with Bayern.

Bayern vs Barca final @ the alianz (or however it's spelt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0