Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champions League, Round of 16 :

Sixteen teams have earned their spots into the knockout phase. The draw, scheduled for Dec. 20, will match up the group winners against the runners-up. Teams from the same group or same country can not be drawn against each other.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS.....who can we draw the next round? Chelsea? Man City? Wait a minute....those part-timers are out of the competition.

I guess we will have to settle for Malaga or Schalke........:D Either one of these teams would be our best hope.......and that is little to none. Having said that, I didn't think we would be getting out of this group. Mon the Hoops!!!!!

I have several discretionary days to use this year and might just do that next round. :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching the Celtic Moscow match on delay here, totally as a neutral of course :D . Congratulations to Captain and the other decent ( ;) ) Celtic supporters here. The only thing I can cheer against harder than Celtic is that wee cnut McGeady.

Played some good stuff and were perhaps a touch lucky to have the Peno awarded on the Samaras foul, in any event they are looking way better now than they were when Lemon first took over.

*edit* slickly taken peno in a nervy moment. well done by Commons.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS.....who can we draw the next round? Chelsea? Man City? Wait a minute....those part-timers are out of the competition.

I guess we will have to settle for Malaga or Schalke........:D Either one of these teams would be our best hope.......and that is little to none. Having said that, I didn't think we would be getting out of this group. Mon the Hoops!!!!!

I have several discretionary days to use this year and might just do that next round. :D

It's a shame Arsenal didn't win their group, would of been an easy one for you guys. Instead we'll be a slaughter for some team like Barca or Dortmund :(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would you cheer against McGeady? What did he ever do to you? He was a good player.....and still is....though not as good as the other wingers on Spartak. How good was Ebineke? Wow.....and the left-footer too.......

Nov 25, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
After watching almost all the teams play I can only think of two words...German dominance. I wouldn't be surprised to see teams such as Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, and of course Bayern Munich dominate in the next few years provided they can maintain their squads. I sure hope they don't draw the two power houses and get farther in the competition...because they sure play on a level or two above teams like Man City, Arsenal, and Chelsea...don't think they will be in any major trouble against other qualified teams.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
After watching almost all the teams play I can only think of two words...German dominance. I wouldn't be surprised to see teams such as Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, and of course Bayern Munich dominate in the next few years provided they can maintain their squads. I sure hope they don't draw the two power houses and get farther in the competition...because they sure play on a level or two above teams like Man City, Arsenal, and Chelsea...don't think they will be in any major trouble against other qualified teams.

Dortmund and Bayern may go far but without a good draw I don't sse schalke making it past the next round.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dortmund and Bayern may go far but without a good draw I don't sse schalke making it past the next round.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well draw is done,some mouth watering clashes coming up.

Galatasaray v Schalke
(February 20 and March 12)

CELTIC v Juventus
(February 12 and March 6)

ARSENAL v Bayern Munich
(February 19 and March 13)

Shakhter Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund
(February 13 and March 5)

AC Milan v Barcelona
(February 20 and March 12)

Real Madrid v MANCHESTER UNITED
(February 13, March 5)

Valencia v Paris St Germain
(February 12 and March 6)

Porto v Malaga
(February 19 and March 13)
*First team at home first

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow ....... a nice easy one for us :rolleyes:

Look out for Dortmund, they'll be the darkhorses in the competition going forward.

SIAMO AZZURRI

Oct 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

German Dominance-LOLLOLLOL... Maybe until they face a Team from ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We ALL know what happens then.....;):knvb::D

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks, that Shakhtar team is VERY dangerous. Dortmund will have a VERY diffucult time in the Ukraine but I agree, Dortmund when on, can play with anyone.

A Dortmund win against shaktar will for the 2nd time this season (first was that they would progress ahead of city from group stages) win me a 6 pack from the same doubter. Then again he's a chelski fan so it's almost unfair taking his beer.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those that care ....... post match interviews, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta admire mourihnos confidence when asked about man utds 1 away goal....' Not a big deal, we can score more than that...' Surely if they could've I think at home they had a better chance . Gonna be a HUGE game in two weeks. Definitely will be a good one for neutrals ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts