Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic started the long and difficult journey to get into the group stages by beating Cliftonville in the O6 today 3 - 0. It was a great atmosphere with both squads and supporters having mutual respect for each other. Celtic has lost its' toughest midfielder for 12.5 million quid to Southampton and on the verge of losing Gary Hooper for approximately 5 million quid. Shouldn't have a problem getting into the 3rd round where it will get that much more difficult with some very tricky potential fixtures.

There are a couple of other Scottish teams in the Europa qualifying and that is starting soon I believe. I know one team who won't be in this position for A LONG time for cheating. Unlucky.

Hail Hail

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Regs, though I'm surprised they're only 500/1! 5000/1 perhaps. :)

Being honest, I don't see Celtic in the group stages this year....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did they win CL last year? No, so they are shite.

Someone used to say that about other teams that didn't win. Wise person that guy was :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
True dat......though at least Celtic still has a chance to play European Football this year unlike many other teams. The Europa League is not bad but not the best as we know.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't count Celtic out quite yet.
I think its very reasonable to expect them to attain the same score at Parkhead and force OT.

It'll be tough but there's still a chance for them.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frase, watching the game, Celtic generated two chances all game. IF Celtic score in the first 20 minutes, it will be game on...if not, that team is very well organized to beat an average team like Celtic. I hope Lennon has the stones to go for it because he certainly didn't on the road leaving two strikers on the bench.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah - I didn't watch the game but the stats were very much in Celtic's favour on possession I thought.

Agreed, can't go with a typical Walter Smith formation and sit back.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
God help us all then.

Midnight hateful postings by him or OneDart jumping on his PC followed by apologetic postings tomorrow.

Hater Hater

:smuggrin:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not on the piss, Gentlemen. Had to run a practice tonight. Tomorrow though.....might be a different story. :) It was a remarkable comeback and the player who scored the winner was Celtic's worst player until about the 65 minute mark.....should have been substituted to be honest. :D Well done, Celtic, and RF, those 'hateful postings' are LONG gone my friend.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Initial thoughts ........

Group A :

Tough group - United have 2 very difficult games away to Shakhtar & Bayern Leverkusen

Group D :

Bayern vs. City will be a cracker. Group decider in their matches against each other.

Group E :

Piece of pish. Chelsea stroll into the Round of 16.

Group F :

Arsenal will be lucky to survive this group. Dortmund wins it and it's a dog fight to see who finishes 2nd.

Group H :

Extremely tough for Celtic. Fans will be loving the draw though - away to Barcelona, Milan and Ajax ?? Couldn't ask for better road trips ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts