Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Commonwealth Stadium getting artificial turf

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Commonwealth Stadium?s grass punted for artificial turf

He thinks having artificial turf will improve the city's chances of hosting FIFA soccer. "All FIFA events worldwide, with the exception of the men's World Cup, are played on field turf. If, and that's a big if, Canada ever had the men's World Cup, changing the field back to grass would be a minor expense compared to what holding the World Cup would generate," he said.

Wow, just Wow.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i'm more dissapointed from a cfl stanpoint on this...

I liked the headgames the eskimos would use against opponents by flooding the field the prior to the game knowing their opponents wouldnt have the right cleats for the circumstances..

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've said this many times before, why does the CSA play games in Edmonton in the middle of winter against teams from the South America's? They only get 2000 people, if they are lucky, to these games and friendlies. Why don't they bring them here? Hello !!!! Swangard sits pretty empty for most of the year........

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've said this many times before, why does the CSA play games in Edmonton in the middle of winter against teams from the South America's? They only get 2000 people, if they are lucky, to these games and friendlies. Why don't they bring them here? Hello !!!! Swangard sits pretty empty for most of the year........

Competitive advantage matters for a friendly. But if the game counts, they should hold it in a neutral a site, or if possible, a site that will have more opposing fans to make the other team feel welcome.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0