Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CSA SGM - governance reform. What's BCSA position for the members?

coachrich

Nov 14, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has BCSA discussed with the members the coming SGM on CSA governance reform and how they will vote for the BC members at the SGM?

Richard at BC Soccer Web has the below posted there -

CSA governance reform -- the details
Nearly lost in all the Alberta fireworks Friday, the Canadian Soccer Association quietly made full details of the various proposed governance reform packages available in the form of motions for a Special General Meeting of The Canadian Soccer Association to be held on Saturday, February 5, 2011 in Ottawa.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm confused as to what you're asking TTP members to say or make of your topic here?

Can you expand and give your opinion?

coachrich

Nov 14, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The questions are -

Have BCSA members been asked to vote on which CSA governance model (there are 3) they would like to see?

If BCSA members have not been asked to vote on which CSA governance models BCSA is choosing, do the members know which model the BCSA President and Steve Reed choosing to reflect the wishes of the BCSA membership?

If none of the above has taken place how do members feel about the lack of BCSA's transparency?

My opinion -

IMO the CSA governance model that has no provincial presidents on the board is best for moving the sport forward in Canada. Presently Ron Smale, President of OSA is the only one to favor no provincial presidents on the CSA board.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When you say members, whom are you referring to? Us as general players? Those who have a vote at BCSA AGM/SGMs?

I'm all for transparency but at what point or where do you draw the line? Yes the CSA governance change is a very important topic but isn't that what BCSA members vote on at AGMs, namely, votes on who we want to take care of these issues for us?

Maybe you can help start by explaining the differences between the 3 models and who actually votes at a CSA SGM - that may help everyone wrap their heads around what exactly is at issue.

With regards to Steve Reed, what does he have to do with what the BCSA does?

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is to announce that Carolina Morace, Head Coach of the Canadian Women’s National Soccer Team, along with her staff, intend to leave the Canadian Soccer Association following the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup taking place in Germany this summer.

“The Canadian Soccer Association (CSA) has a strategy to achieve their goals that differs from my strategy,” said Morace.

“I am proud of what my players have accomplished over this past year, winning the CONCACAF Women’s World Cup Qualification Tournament in Mexico in November of 2010, the 2010 Cyprus Cup in February and Brazil’s 4-Nations Tournament in December. Just a few days ago, the team placed second at the 4 –Nations Tournament in China.”

“I am staying to execute my plan over the next few months because my players have worked hard and deserve to be prepared in the best way possible for the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup Germany.”

“My primary focus at this time is to prepare my players for the experience of representing Canada on the world's largest stage, and I will continue to be available to discuss my team and our preparations with the media at any time. In respect of my contract with the CSA, I cannot answer any questions regarding this decision until the World Cup is over.”

If this does not highlight that the CSA needs change, then what chance do we have?
There needs to be "soccer People" on the Board of Director's at the CSA.
With all due repect to the current board, they are made up of Provincial Chairmen. Most of who have never played the game at any decent level and have no background in the dealings with soccer at the highest level,yet they are responsible for major decisions regarding the NTC Program.
There needs to be a change in the way that CSA is governed and we need people on the board that have some knowledge and background at the Professional and International level.
Ex player's, manager's or coaches, who have been through the system. There are a lot of ex National Team player's and Staff with a wealth of experience who would only be too willing to lend their expertise fro the betterment of the game.
How can these Director's hire the people that they have to run the CSA?
We had a Basketball exceutive hired to take over from Kevin Pipe, only to be told he weas not hired and given $2 million in compensation.
Then we hire a guy from "Skate Canada" to be the CEO. What does he know about soccer?
Change is needed here and it will be interesting to see how the Provinces vote.Will BC be voting for change?
I hope so.
If not, we should be looking to do what was done in Alberta and stop the Lunatic's from running the Asylum.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little off topic but I saw a picture of Carolina Morace on the TSN website and thought it was a story about Mic Jager.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Alberta and certain CSA Member's, are still trying to stop the reform.

Canadian Soccer News and Forum - Alberta reps: Delaying reform was "in the best interests of the nation"

Read and make up your own mind.
Some of the comments on this article are worth reading.

Alberta's 2 rep's voted against the membership's wishes and scuttled the vote to have reform as of now.
After meeting with CSA on the Friday before the vote, they changed their vote, so that the motion would not pass.
Alberta's membership are not happy.
Smell's a bit fishy to me.
Who is accountable for this and who were the member's of the CSA that met with these two?
There needs to be a public outcry and a call to expose these people who are responsible for the mess that we have at the CSA.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0