Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CSA Technical Director Resigns

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another one jumps off the CSA's sinking ship...
July 12, 2006

Ottawa, Ontario– The Canadian Soccer Association (CSA) has accepted the resignation of Technical Director, Richard Bate, effective immediately. Bate has accepted the Technical Director's position with newly promoted English Premiership side Watford Football Club, where he is expected to oversee the club's technical programs.

"It has been a real pleasure for me to have been here in Canada for the past 10 months as the country's Technical Director," said Bate. "I have travelled from coast to coast, met many fine people in the short time I have been here, and have commenced many new technical initiatives which I believe will have a lasting and positive benefit for soccer in Canada."

"When I first came to Canada last summer, I honestly felt that a return to the Premiership was not going to happen. Obviously, I was wrong and to have this opportunity occur at this stage in my career is one I could not afford to pass on. I very much regret leaving Canada under these most unusual circumstances but at the same time, I am happy with what was accomplished and what is being left behind and certainly appreciate the CSA allowing me to be released from this agreement so that I can finish my career in the Premiership."

The CSA granted Mr. Bate permission to be released from his contract at the request of Mr. Bate. The CSA expresses its disappointment with Mr. Bate's decision but will now focus its attention toward finding a suitable candidate to lead the overall development and direction of the CSA's technical programs – including player and coaching development, the direction and supervision of the National Training Centres and the National Youth Teams, both male and female. The search for Bate's successor will commence immediately.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh my! 10 months and he is gone. I think we have some real work to do. Time for some real serious analyzing of where we are at.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear that Stephen Hart has got the National team coaching position too. I believe it is an interim position only.

However, lots of changes going on at the top on a regular basis with key people moving on to pastures new.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right Now!!!! Are you kidding me:( The CSA is an embarassment and needs to have a complete overhaul. This is an opportunity to get the association pointed in the right direction but the people who are going to decide the right way have be c*cking this up for the last decade.

We need to study various countries that have revitalized their soccer associations and start implementing those stratagies. It is going to take a decade to turn our program around but if we continue down the same path we are on we will never get there.

Lean

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do we have a minister of sports that oversees the CSA? Honestly, which politician or minister would be in charge or firing Kevin Pipe? We need to get an e-mail campaign going.

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
with all these resignations, maybe that's why canada jumped 29 spots in the fifa ranking. no head coach and no technical director might be a good thing.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you don't have anyone to develop or to oversee the development of the players before they get to Klinsmann, then it doesn't make a diffference who is coaching the men's team. The whole system is the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0