Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

De la hoya vs Mosley.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any predictions for the big fight. I think if it goes the distance oscar wins on the cards. I don't think Mosley will let it go that far though. I say 8 round for Mosley.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope your right. I say Mosely knocks him out in the tenth. Hopefully this will be the last time I watch Chicken De le hoya. Mosely put him into retirement for me pleeeeas.:D

Parkhead

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Almost forgot about this. Should be a great fight. I will take Oscar to win in a unaminous decision. The Golden Boy says he will retire if he loses. Don't reallly buy that though. Won't be good for Mosley's career either if he's the one that goes down. Nice thing about it all is it's a big fight with fighters who aren't yet past it and man, I think Oscar is hungry. Just gotta find a place downtown to watch it now.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not really a great fight, De La Hoya was robbed. Unanimous 115-113 Sugar Shane.

The best action came after the fight when it appeared big George Foreman wanted to kick the shite outta Larry Merchant :D Larry, let the big man be, you don't want any of that!

Cheers,

~Regs.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now will we finally get to hear De La Hoya announce his official retirement.:eek:

Thank you Mr. Mosely.

Parkhead

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No.

Oscar told everyone that his left hand was fuked before the fight. He will fight again.

All Hail Shane Mosely.

Vernon must be lickin' his chops.

there's alot of money in being the "bogey man"

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Golden Boy is appealing for an official inquisition into the judges' decision.

This is one of the crippling problems with boxing today - the whole freaking sport reeks of corruption, to the point where you can't tell a fixed fight from one the judges simply bottle on their own. Although, to be fair, I don't think either one of those apply to last night's fight.

I did think it was a bit odd that all three judges had Mosely as a clear-cut victor, but they all watched the same fight, and all came to the same conclusion. It's no secret that finishing strong will do wonders for you in the eyes of the judges, and Sugar's ability to bloody DeLa in the late rounds (as well as being the agressor throughout) probably helped in the scoring.

Big question now is who's left to fight for both of these guys. I'm not all that versed in boxing knowledge but my dream fight would have Mayorga jump a weight class and take on Mosely. Mayorga is the truth.

Here's a pic of Sugar with the WBC and WBA belts.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei,

I couldn't agree more Mayorga vs Mosely would be a great fight. I hope we get to see it. Mr. Forrest would probably want to get another shot at either of the two as well. We will have to wait and see.

ParkheadwhoreallywantstoseeRoyJonesintheringagain

sillyrabbit

Aug 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oscar

I think Mosley won the fight and that Oscar the cry baby is getting his payback for earlier fights in his career that he won that he shouldnt have,
Just like all sports, when you win you love the officials, when you lose you hate them..

Oscar is the last fighter who should be attacking judges...

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sillyrabbit

If you watched the fight, you would have heard Shanes dad telling him in the corner between 11 and 12, that he needed a knockout. The other defining moment for me is the look of surprise on Mosleys face when the unanamous decision goes his way. Punch stats of less than 20% most rounds should not win fights.

sillyrabbit

Aug 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knockouts

If you have watched more then one fight then you know that most corners will tell their fighters they need to get a knockout or that they need to win the last rounds to win the fight, not really a big surprise...
As for this fight, Mosley did need to win the last few rounds, just like he did the first time these to fought..
And he did win the last few, hence the decision....

Oscar is a chump

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What knockout

This was only my second fight, but I am a quick study. There is no way Mosley won 7 rounds. I was in a packed bar and only 1 person agreed with the Judges, and he looked a little soft in the head.
BTW you did'nt watch it at the Paddlewheeler in New West by any chance.:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A buddy on Peg was watching the lines for the fight leading up to it and said that he's never seen so much money all of a sudden being put on Mosely... Food for thought I suppose.

~Regs.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Up until the ninth round Mosley didn't have a clue what to do or have the confidence to do it. That big right hand to the side of Oscar's head in the ninth changed things up big-time though and Oscar basically threw it away same as he did against Trinidad. What the fcuk is thinking? De la Hoya gets a three point lead then figures he can throw away the last five rounds. Fcuking idiot. Don't mind seeing Mosley win it. He is a classy guy which is rare in boxing. As for Oscar's protest? Maybe he should concentrate on finishing a fight strongly or perhaps signing for seven round fights instead of twelve.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts