Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dearly Departed Sporting Events.

What team or sporting event that has left Vancouver do you miss the most?

• The Vancouver Voodoo:rolleyes:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The World Cup Downhill (Whistler)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard them talking about this on 730 yesterday and thought it would be a good topic for here.

What sporting event/team that has left Vancouver do you miss the most? For me, it is easily the Molson Indy. I'm a HUGE Cart fan and attended the race six times. I was planning on going this year, but obviously that isn't going to happen.

Who do I miss the least? The Grizzlies. I know there are a bunch of you out there that like NBA Basketball, but if you ask me, it sucks and is boring as hell to watch. Thank goodness they are gone.

What about you?

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has to be the GVO or ACC or whatever you want to call it. The PGA golf tournament in any case. Even though many of the top players never came the rest that did were still pretty fukcing good and were impressive to watch.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I liked the Ravens Lacrosse, lots of homegrown talent, and a very entertaining game. I don't like the offence/defence part of the game where you change players with every ball possesion change, but it is a great sport. Not sure if this will help the WLA, perhaps there will be some exspansion in that league now.

Other than that, I am still very sad over the WhiteCaps and the NASL, even with them playing on turf.

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easily the NASL.

And Empire Stadium. Imagine if that place were still up and they replced the turf with real grass? :mad:

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Regs, it would be a magic thing. Loved going down to Old Empire as a kid to see a game, all the drunk guys in the stands falling down the stairs as they went for one more beer, or the old British guy sitting behind you with all kinds of funny comments about the game.

Anyone remember the Vancouver KnightHawks, this area's first venture into the Pro B-Ball market. It was not ball, even though it was a league for under 6'5" players. I remember sitting front row for 10 bucks, couldn't ever do that with the Grizz's.

Other than that, would have to say the NewWest Bruins, never got a chance to see any games, but I heard the atmospher at Queens Park was much like a "Slap Shot", but when the Chiefs had the Hanson Brothers.

hos

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I recall one year BC place was the host for the gay olympics (truth) obviously not missed by myself but definately Luc and possibly a few others?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0