Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dela Hoya -- Mayweather

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Twelth round over and it goes to the cards. Way too close to call. Judges pick Mayweather in a split decision. Great fight, there should be a rematch.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am a De la Hoya fan and I think Mayweather is an idiot, but with a father like that, no surprise.

But Mayweather won that fight, it should have been a unanimous decision. Oscar should have pressured him more, but did not have enough gas in the tank.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am a De la Hoya fan and I think Mayweather is an idiot, but with a father like that, no surprise.

But Mayweather won that fight, it should have been a unanimous decision. Oscar should have pressured him more, but did not have enough gas in the tank.

i totally agree with you Sir M.

De La Hoya did not land enough punches, attack or throw enough to win that fight with the way Mayweather was working. He had an oppurtunity to win if the jab was thrown the whole fight but once he stopped using it alot the fight was gone from a decision for him.

i would love to see a rematch but think de la hoya made a huge mistake in not specifiying a smaller ring so it would be easier to cut the pretty boy off and get shots off and into a more brawling style fight. ( de la hoya choose ring size nad gloves used in the fight)

Still a decent fight to watch but the undercards need a little more juice as they were utterly boring.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw the fight I had it 50/50 to the 10 round. Dela was tired Mayweather looked fresh and in the end the las two rounds belonged to Mayweather.

On the other hand he was going after dela hoyas belt and normally to strip the champion of his belt you have to be distinctivley better then the champ. Mayweather was not. Rematch would be great. Good fight worth the money for pay per view.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mayweather is very fast and that might have led to de la Hoya not wanting to keep his left jab working as the fight wore on.

I am biased being a de la Hoya fan but the whole thing seemed to be stacked in Mayweather's favour from the get-go seemingly to ensure a re-match which wouldn't likely have happened if Oscar won. He fights now only when it is financially beneficial and a good business decision as it was last night. Had Oscar won, would there be the big interest in a re-match? Not sure.

Even the colour guy Emanuel Steward and Lederman, their guy doing the score card for them, seemed from the outset sounding like it was Mayweather's fight all the way even when de la Hoya was hitting the guy and making his punches hurt and winning rounds. They were dismissing this as doing nothing more than making the fans cheering for de la Hoya think he is scoring points. I am not sure the judge who called it for Oscar was not right but wasn't that interesting. First judges card goes to de la Hoya only to get to a split decision.

The point system favours punch percentages and that may have been the deciding factor for Mayweather. Even his dad said the same after the fight.

To me Mayweather didn't do enough to take the belt from the champion but now that the pretender has it, a re-match will follow. It no longer is the old adage that you must beat the champ as Oscar said post-fight. It is about whether it is good business sense to have an outcome that ensures another big fight and a rematch to me will be even bigger than this one was and it was huge for betting and boxing.

For those that didn't see the fight it was ironic that Mayweather's dad sat in the seat provided him by de la Hoya and his hotel room was paid for by Oscar. The dad said, he wasn't sure his son would leave him a ticket as promised.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agreed with the split, as I had the privelage of watching an asian broadcast without HBO's color men, I had to keep a running tally myself. I thought the first and second went to Mayweather, Then 3,4, to Oscar. 5 was a tossup. 6 Oscar. 7 and 9 both tossups. 8 to Oscar. Then without a doubt 10, 11, 12. To Mayweather. Disregarding the flurries Oscar threw in th 12th as they were uneffective. So I had 5 to Mayweather, 4 to Oscar, and 3 undecided. Tough fight to call. If you follow compubox numbers round by round, it's an easy win for Mayweather. If you go old school and favour the aggressor and the power puncher then you have Oscar. The sad part of the night is that with all the time he had to prepare for this Oscar still runs out of steam in the 9th and points out the fact after, that he is four years Mayweathers senior. Anyone remember Bernard Hopkins, 8yrs older than Oscar and still KO'ed him.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder what type of guy prefers watching two men roll around on the ground together, over two men standing knocking the snot out of each other.

pandabear

Apr 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Dela Hoya got ripped off.
mayweather hit more with straigt rights and jabs what fight were u watching also had 4 more power shots hoya had no jab could have cost him the fight but the kid has heart the black guys are in afaster gear for him when he used his jab he was effective mayweather too polished for oscar its always the busy fighter that wins the computer counts all the punches oscar had some flurries but they wre not effective not bad work if u can get it for 30 mil the lead right keep oscar away

pandabear

Apr 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agreed with the split, as I had the privelage of watching an asian broadcast without HBO's color men, I had to keep a running tally myself. I thought the first and second went to Mayweather, Then 3,4, to Oscar. 5 was a tossup. 6 Oscar. 7 and 9 both tossups. 8 to Oscar. Then without a doubt 10, 11, 12. To Mayweather. Disregarding the flurries Oscar threw in th 12th as they were uneffective. So I had 5 to Mayweather, 4 to Oscar, and 3 undecided. Tough fight to call. If you follow compubox numbers round by round, it's an easy win for Mayweather. If you go old school and favour the aggressor and the power puncher then you have Oscar. The sad part of the night is that with all the time he had to prepare for this Oscar still runs out of steam in the 9th and points out the fact after, that he is four years Mayweathers senior. Anyone remember Bernard Hopkins, 8yrs older than Oscar and still KO'ed him.
you are stoned wayweather hit him 3,4 times withe great shots too the head those count big with the judges:bronco:

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was I thinking. 3 or 4 solid connects over 12 rounds, it's in the bag. I'm off for another bowl.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0