Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 2012/2013 Predictions, Banter, etc...

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
another season is upon us
The Jaguars are now a Burnaby team as we have come to the realization that only 3 people on our team actually live in Vancouver

here is what our pool looks like

West Coast FC Impact
BGSCCFC Rush
Dasmesh United FC
NSGSC Red Socks
Wickham FC
Vancouver Mavericks
The Jaguars
Portuguese Club of Vancouver

PCOV are returning from Selects
Mavericks are always a pleasure to play
WCFC Impact...i am thinking we met in playoffs but not too sure??
the rest of the teams we haven't played before so it'll be a good fresh start

The Jaguars have lost a few...gained a few doozies AND A GOALIE, so WATCH OUT!! ;)

hopefully we will have a few more teams chattin' on here...spread the word

s14

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dasmesh is up from U21, watched them win that Cup last season; good side that will be competitive this season.

This table could prove to be the most competitive of the three in Div. 1, should be fun to see where things are at come the end of October.

~ shaven

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaven, who are you with this year?

I have decided to take this Winter away from the sidelines, and focus on my work on the Board. Going to get out and watch matches as much as possible, just enjoy that and gain that perspective that's difficult when one is involved in the details of coaching.

~ shaven

Lovers

Jan 31, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is what we have over here on the east side!!

CCB Ajax- strong vetern team
WCAGFC Lightning - pretty good team finish mid pack last year
Aldergrove Valley United - not too sure
NCUSC Xtreme Heat - up from div 2 where they were pretty dominant..assuming strong
Magnuson Ford Mariners FC - not sure how they will do this year. Young team
Abbotsford FC- should be better then last year. Picked up some strong players
Trinity Western Titans- had a great late season run last year.
Chiliwack FC - new team but probably strong. Lots of players out that way and finally a place to play

Good luck teams this year and hope to play u in cup play

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Jaguars 0 West Coast FC Impact 2

ugh! not the start we wanted
they score their goals in the first half
the first one was a high cross in the box...our mid fielder sleeping a bit...left her girl and she took advantage with a one time volley that got past me low and in the corner. i got my finger tips on it, but not enough to tip it wide
the 2nd goal was a mistake from our defender. she meant to tip it back to me and instead barely touched it, their forward jumped on it, tipped it around me and had a wide open net

yes, i am still in net
our goalie that we have signed is returning from injury so she needs a couple of games/training to get into it

next game...friday night TBA

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Jaguars 0 West Coast FC Impact 2

the first one was a high cross in the box...our mid fielder sleeping a bit...left her girl and she took advantage with a one time volley that got past me low and in the corner. i got my finger tips on it, but not enough to tip it wide
the 2nd goal was a mistake from our defender. she meant to tip it back to me and instead barely touched it, their forward jumped on it, tipped it around me and had a wide open net

Fairly obvious that their two goals came from defensive lapses/mistakes; leads me to question, where was the offence at the other end? Are the Jaguars going to struggle to score this season, where one mistake will lead to a 1-0 loss, or was this simply a case of a stout D and you weren't able to generate quality chances?

~ shaven

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fairly obvious that their two goals came from defensive lapses/mistakes; leads me to question, where was the offence at the other end? Are the Jaguars going to struggle to score this season, where one mistake will lead to a 1-0 loss, or was this simply a case of a stout D and you weren't able to generate quality chances?

~ shaven

we have quality up front this season, but 2 girls are new to the team and 1 is recovering from a knee tweak and should be back hopefully by October. we had a few quality chances in the game, but just have to straighten 'em up a bit. i think there were a lot of nerves going on being the first game and as mentioned, 2 girls were new to the team and are still getting used to each other.
our centre mid was not there at all as they are all on holidays still :cool:
as i mentioned, i should be up front and i am hoping i can pop a few in this season as i am pumped to be out from between the sticks, but again, gotta wait on our goalie to recover from surgery. here's hoping it's a speedy recovery.
in a couple of weeks, we should have our core team there and hopefully be able to gel quickly and start pulling off some wins

if we can't pull off a decent season with the group we have, i will be disappointed for sure because we have a good team!
but, a lot of our players are not exactly spring chickens anymore, so we need to just stay healthy and play smart against the younger quicker teams that we will be facing.

s14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
next game for The Jaguars is vs. PCOV
they are returning from a not so great season with Selects
our games are always fast paced, exciting and tight
both teams know each other well...on and off the pitch
9am Byrne Creek
painful

s14

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
next game for The Jaguars is vs. PCOV
they are returning from a not so great season with Selects
our games are always fast paced, exciting and tight
both teams know each other well...on and off the pitch
9am Byrne Creek
painful

s14

... and the result was?

~ shaven

Lovers

Jan 31, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Magnuson Mariners girls have had a strong start to the year...just troused Chilliwack 8-1 and last week 6-0 vs Aldergrove...Maybe early season favorites? Dashmesh as well has had a strong start.

GeeThang

Sep 24, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
You may be not too sure about Aldergrove Valley United because we just joined the Aldy club. We are up from div 2 where we dominated the east side. We are looking forward to getting to know the teams, I like your take on the team analogy...

Our first game against Chilliwack was a good loss in my opinion because we dominated and got the rust out.

Second game against Abby Mariners was a tough one. So aggressive, 4 of our players got injured, so needless to say, ya, we got waxed 6 zip.

Third game against the Ajax, which by your take sounds the strongest. We lost 4-1, but Ajax weren't doing anything special and we had some good plays, but yes they shut us down. Could have easily been a tie or 2-1. The 4 came from obvious errors... good solid game, they were pretty aggressive as well.

Cheers,
G

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
... and the result was?

~ shaven

PCOV 2 Jaguars 0

DAMN IT!!!
Both goals were Defensive mistakes
Most of the game was played in the middle of the pitch
Both goalies not super busy...but I would say i was the busier of the 2
I had to make a couple of saves that were close but the 2 that went in...no chance
They have a girl on their team that they just feed all game (#5)...she is an amazing player and lightning quick so it is understandable
She scored the 1st goal after touching it around me and having an open net
The 2nd goal was a trickler along the 18 yard line that our D just didn't get to in time and all their girl had to do was smack it and she did
We had chances but again, just not enough shots and not enough up front
We are seriously in need of some goal scoring...we have the quality up front just have to put the ball on net

frustrating loss

s14

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both goals were Defensive mistakess14

Two matches this season, a similar refrain afterwards; I'd say this is a trend, and a growing issue. Need to shore up the team defending mentality, it would appear (just based on experience, full disclosure that I haven't seen the Jags play...yet).

We are seriously in need of some goal scoring...we have the quality up front just have to put the ball on net

I have to question this claim, as "quality up front" results in shots on target and goals as a result. I've no doubt you've got some skilled strikers capable of scoring, however until they do it's a stretch to refer to them as "quality". Not trying to take the piss out of you, just making the point.

I'd say you need to button down the team defending to eliminate the mistakes that are clearly the larger problem, and then work on playing stronger out from the back to create higher quality chances in the final third to allow your strikers to do what they're supposed to do - score. I'd be more concerned about your defending than your lack of scoring at the moment.

That all said, PCOV looks to be a solid side based on results that will be competitive each week, so due respect there.

~ shaven

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dasmesh United 2 Jaguars 2

By far my coldest day in between the sticks...brrr!!

We had great control of this game...most of the action was in the middle of the pitch
About 15 minutes in we lose possession in our half...their girl gets a good low shot off and i have to stretch out for it. i get my hands on it but it slips out of my hand as i hit the ground...their forward is there to pounce on the gift
We get a goal about 10 minutes later that 8 out of our 11 girls see cross the line, but, the referee who is standing in the centre circle says no goal...ROBBERY!! we have a couple more chances but no goals
we are still down 1 nil at half time
About 10 minutes into the 2nd half, we get a good cross into the box and our girl is in the right spot to pop it in
We are barely done celebrating when they come at us hard, their forward crosses one into the 18 where another of their players is waiting...she shoots as top corner as you can get and they are up 2 - 1
With about 15 to go, their forward gets a nice pass and is in one on one with me to my left side...she takes 1 extra touch on the ball and i pounce. i come out hard with a nice tackle getting all ball and clearing the danger.
We tie it up on a beauty corner kick with our forward finishing it nicely
A couple more chances for both teams near the end but the game would finish 2-2

felt good to finally get a point...and from a tough team who obviously doesn't give up points easily

S14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGUARS 2 VANCOUVER MAVERICKS 0

FINALLY a win! :wa:

The Mavs were getting a lot of shots on me in the first half. They have a girl in the midfield (#12) who they were just feeding off of. She had a lot of skill and was able to outlet many great chances for her team. We really had to work on shutting her down and when we did, they had nothing!
With about 5 minutes left in the first half, our girl is cutting down the wing, makes it to the end line, tries to get by they defender and is taken down just inside the 18. No argument from the Mavs at all when the Referee pointed to the spot.
Our player steps up and hits the back of the net with a nice low hard shot.
The Mavs lost their #12 in the 2nd half...must have had to leave?! Yay for us!
We dominated the 2nd half and ended up scoring another one with about 15 minutes to go.
We almost had a few more but their goalie as usual was positioned well and was able to make some big saves for them.

Felt good to get our first win

Dasmesh United and PCOV both losing on the weekend

s14

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGUARS 2 VANCOUVER MAVERICKS 0

Felt good to get our first win

Nice work, striker. Is there thoughts on signing to improve the squad with a third of the season now past? Looks like it may be nip and tuck between the Jags, Mavs and Red Socks at the bottom of the table.

~ shaven

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice work, striker. Is there thoughts on signing to improve the squad with a third of the season now past? Looks like it may be nip and tuck between the Jags, Mavs and Red Socks at the bottom of the table.

~ shaven

nope
we have a good squad right now
we have 3 players returning from injury/pregnancy in the next month too
our roster is FULL

Shaven...you going to come watch the action on Sunday?
we are playing the Impact @ Trillium, 6p

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts