Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2 MOTW #11

What is the Div 2 MOTW?

• 2B: SFC Stars vs Hurricanes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The eleventh edition of the MOTW brings more than three possibilities, so I'm going to post four in the poll for the first time this season.

My MOTW is from 2C, with DFC taking on Whalley. Now I know that the NDFC - ND Titans tilt in 2A looks to be more relevant and a better matchup, but here's my reasoning. DFC has indeed become the giant killers, and another win against the only team ahead of them in the standings they have not yet beaten this season will make 2C a legitimate 5 horse race, and by any standards that's pretty tight. In their first tilt earlier this season, the result was a tie. The ND-squared matchup in 2A gets honorable mention on my sheet, but as those teams are already in the 2 and 3 slots in that table, there will be less movement from the result, whichever way the match goes.
Prediction: DFC 3 - 2 Whalley :wa:

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Titans/FC match is definatly the MOTW for the royals. hoping for the titans obviously, though a tie wouldn't be so bad either.

aldergrove/ERU isn't a key match in my opinion. neither are strong enough to fight for a top spot in 2A.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just about every game this week in 2A is a big one just due to how tight everyone is at this point. Momentum counts for a lot. Obviously the Royals/WRU game is huge to us regardless of our result as WRU is slowly moving up the standings and are poised for bigger things. The Aldergrove/ERU match should be interesting as it could determine how spots 3-8 end up down the road. It's all up in the air right now

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm gonna have to give MOTW to DFC vs. Wally for no other reason than I don't know much about the other sections beyond their standings. Also, Shaven made a great point about it becoming a 5 horse race, which should make for some intersting matches after x-mas. I'm not sure about the final score though. It will definatly be tight but the match could go either way in my books.

Shifty_dwarf

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
2A: NDFC vs ND Titans
two teams from the same area, 1 point apart. a win would mean so much for either team. a tie would only make the running closer. This gets my vote for sure...
2A: ERU vs Aldergrove (identical records, key matchup)
Its not everyday you encounter totally even up standings facing off. but abby is gonna win and white rock isnt. so the standings wont change other than these two teams. and besides, they are both middle of the pack, so who cares...it will be a good match, but not MOTW.
2B: SFC Stars vs Hurricanes
nothing special here. Key matchup maybe for one of these teams, but by no means MOTW
2C: DFC vs Whalley
should prove to be a good game to watch. and a win would definately say something for DFC. This gets my runner up vote based on leader killer standing. and would take MOTW any other week.

B

Blahzay

Here's the top two games:

ND Titans @ NDFC
Looks as though NDFC will be missing 8 players including our goalie and both starting center mids, thankfully we have a solid bench mob. The battle of North Delta is for bragging rights at the bar so it should be a close one. BTW it's good to see a couple Titans on TTP finally.

Whalley U @ DFC Celtic
It will be interesting to see the outcome of this match. Whalley has won 6 in a row and DFC has been known to beat the favourite. If DFC wins they will be considered a top team in 2C.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:
Here's the top two games:

ND Titans @ NDFC

Whalley U @ DFC Celtic

I agree with this assessment, although I voted for the second choice DFC/Whalley.
After reading about the missing players for NDFC, I would think the ballance is tipped in favour of the Titans. If they're the same team we played twice last year, they're young and fast, with some good skills. Unless the 8 missing are all subs, the speed of the kids will dominate.
On the flip side, I don't think DFC has been worthy of any MOTW in terms of exciting ball. They (we) have been getting the rep. as giant killers, but that doesn't make them exciting. Just look the NHL, and the trap, boring, but effective.
Hurricanes by all indications should blow away the Stars, but they're under achievers this year so far. Play the way they should, and it won't be a match... play the way they have earlier, and it won't be worth watching.

ERU / Aldergrove: No comment....don't know anything about them.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru said:
After reading about the missing players for NDFC, I would think the ballance is tipped in favour of the Titans. If they're the same team we played twice last year, they're young and fast, with some good skills. Unless the 8 missing are all subs, the speed of the kids will dominate.

I wouldn't take that too seriously as it could all be smoke and mirrors. We are approaching the game with the outlook that they all will be there at some point. Also, we are a different and even younger team from last year. This is eaily the MOTW

G-fence

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is NDFC going to miss 8 players????

This is an important match and can have some impact on Division 2A standings.

Abby resting up for the big match against titans. Hopefully the G-fence is ready to go!

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that in 2b the clones vs donegals is very important. the clones have to keep Poco close if they want to win the division.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
we cant hsit the bed again this weekend or we dont deserve to be there .i shoudnt be close but if we dont hit the net ? who knows

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
we are not missing 8 players it is more along the line of 5 or 6. just one of those weekends it's unfortunate but we will have to do the best with what we got. Not to mention I am struggling with the flu so will be playing at much less then 50% and alot of guys that will be there would not be playing because there injured but will have to do to numbers. either way 3-1 for NDFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0