Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2 MOTW #12

What is the Week 12 MOTW?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
MOTW this week is a very tough call. There are at least four matches that are looking like crackers, but I've got to pick one, so here goes. My MOTW for Week 12 is in 2A, where the ND Titans entertain Abby SC on the fast turf on Sat. night. The reason I choose this match is that it has major implications in the final positioning of 2A. Abby will be looking to stake its claim as a contender for the top of the table, and in addition will be looking to avenge its loss to the Titans in a close match in Week 2. The Titans, fresh off their strong showing against NDFC in which they lost by only a goal will be tough on their home turf. The fact that the match is Sat. night helps Abby, as the long travel won't affect them as much as an early start on a Sunday. Prediction: ND 3 - 2 Abby

A quick note for those who are wondering why I included DFC in the poll: Their strong play of late, IMO, warrants a look as a win by them this weekend, and a loss or tie by Hades or Whalley makes them a legitimate contender for a top three finish, if not the title in 2C.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven must of bumped his head last weekend or something motw for all of div 2 is current knight cup holder hurricanes and relegated from div one last year poco . in what will prove to be a hard fought no love lost between these two battle royal .a poco win will end the title boasting hopes of the canes and put poco back on track for thier return to div one . a must watch game if possible for all

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't comment on other Divisions, and frankly I'm not concerned with them anyway, ... soooo. I like Whalley United Vs. LUFC Dynamo in 2C (although I chose DFC of course). Emergency Room Hades is on top, and is playing Poco Shity. They're only other team besides DFC to beat the Hades out of ER, and they spanked them 5 - 3. If Poco does that again, it leaves top spot open to Whalley if they can win it.....and gives LUFC top spot in a tie with Hades if LUFC win. [Although Hades will still have a game in hand].
Also, the way the pitch is at Blue Mountain, if this rain keeps up that one with DFC and CCA won't go Friday night anyway. That field is worse than Eagle Ridge now, and with that fcuking tree still over hanging the goal area at the west end? ? ? That field is a fcuking nightmare.... Although that park hold many great mammories for the Guru....I scored MANY MANY times in that Park in my youth....... and sometimes during the games :rolleyes:

Poco over Canes 3 - 1
ND over Abby 2 - 1
LUFC & Whalley in a tie
if the game goes.....DFC 3 - nil

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd have to agree with guru on that one, whalley vs LUFC is a big game and will put the winner in contention for first place in 2c, (I say contention because of the previously mentioned game in hand) If langley can play any defense they should be able to beat whalley who is weak in their own end.

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm gonna have to agree with the Guru as well. Whalley vs LUFC is a very crucial game, but as Shaven said, DFC can become a real contender so long as we keep this up.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Guru i seem to remeber a 2-2 tie with your team a few weeks ago, you tied it with about 10 to go, and we are playing shitty, if we start playing our game you'll be sucking our exhaust. Anyway MOTW has to be Hurricanes vs United in 2B, Poco absoutely HAS to win this game, the club is obviously pissed both teams came down from div 1 and United has the best chance to go back. Hurricane speed and skill vs Poco smarts. I'll take the old guys this weekend Poco 2-1.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Hey Guru i seem to remeber a 2-2 tie with your team a few weeks ago, you tied it with about 10 to go, and we are playing shitty, if we start playing our game you'll be sucking our exhaust. Anyway MOTW has to be Hurricanes vs United in 2B, Poco absoutely HAS to win this game, the club is obviously pissed both teams came down from div 1 and United has the best chance to go back. Hurricane speed and skill vs Poco smarts. I'll take the old guys this weekend Poco 2-1.
Don't know which team you're playing on. We've had 3, 2 - 2 games this year, and in all three we had a PK go against us. Whalley tied it up with a few minutes left on a pk. Coquitlam did the same the next week with 10 minutes left. Both iffy calls. But since you're all over the Poco win, I'd say you play for Poco. And we were up 1 - 0 on you guys, and all over you, when Chia pet called the WORST PK I've ever seen. Frodo outpaced your forward back into our 18, cleared the ball off the end line and your "hefty" forward raked the back of Frodo's leg, took him to the ground, stepped on him...all from behind then fell on him, and Chia called Frodo on a trip.....good call I suppose, your big man did trip over Frodo, he shouldn't have beat him to the ball like that :rolleyes: And yes you did go up 2 - 1 for a few minutes in the second, but don't make it out to be like you held the lead for a long time and we notched one late, the goals were about 10 minutes apart. Not to mention we outplayed you guys 80 / 20 in the last 20 minutes, and couldn't finish. The game should have been 6 or 7 goals on top of our 2.
That's a done deal though, a lesson learned, next match yer toast.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This MOTW poll could go any of three ways....the most divided opinion yet! I wish I could get out to all three of those matches, as it looks like opinion says they're going to be great ones.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
MOTW for me obviously is our game against Abby. When we played them out there, we had an extremely slow start and gave up a few good chances. They have definitely improved from then with the addition of those new players as their results indicate. Missing their starting sweeper should affect their management at the back but not to the point where they will fall to pieces. They are only one point behind us and with a game in hand so this could determine our season.

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Hey Guru i seem to remeber a 2-2 tie with your team a few weeks ago, you tied it with about 10 to go, and we are playing shitty, if we start playing our game you'll be sucking our exhaust.

Not too sure if anyone has noticed yet, but we MAKE other teams play shitty from our defensive mind set, we've taken all the top teams who have also played shitty.... Anyone else see a pattern and don't try to say that we are lucky to beat these teams because if u have watched any of our games you know we have no luck (PK PK PK PK.....) including the game against poco. Anyone who was at that game knows taht if we finished a third of our chances we would have buried u numpties can't wait for our next game against u and ur team of pleasantly plump players

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
Hold on I got the pattern...... ALL TEAMS IN 2C ARE SHITTY
Hey, I see another pattern. Bulljive is too scared to trash talk the teams in his own section because he knows he can't back it up, so he only trash talks 2C because he know there's know way he will ever have to back it up. Good thing.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
it sure seems like I can't back it up we are only in 1st place. Don't blame me one of your 2C bum buddies set me up for the piss take. Am i supposed to just pass that up. I say fukc of you wanker

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
it sure seems like I can't back it up we are only in 1st place. Don't blame me one of your 2C bum buddies set me up for the piss take. Am i supposed to just pass that up. I say fukc of you wanker
Fair enough. I accually had no idea what team you play for. If you really are in 1st, well done. You're still a ****y little bitch though. As for anyone setting you up....I don't see it. I think you're looking too hard, you're starting to see things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0