Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 Div 3 - 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

wc.Celtic

Oct 8, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic-Benders MOTW? ...should be a good one (other than the kickoff time)
Unicorns 1 - Guilford 3
Rockets 2
- United B 1
Rangers 0 - Surrey 3
Strikers 1 - Tri City 3
Highlanders 6
- TWU 0

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unicorns 2-1 Guildford
Rockets 2-0 United
Rangers 1-5 Sufc
strikers 2-2 Tricity
Celtic 3-2 Benders. MOTW for sure
Highlanders v TWU.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard Celtic played 60 min with 9 men after two guys were sent off at the same time and managed a 1-1 draw. Well done Celtic. Were the cards justified?

wc.Celtic

Oct 8, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard Celtic played 60 min with 9 men after two guys were sent off at the same time and managed a 1-1 draw. Well done Celtic. Were the cards justified?

Correct sir. We came ready to play last night, unfortunately we have a bit of history with 1 or 2 of their players from previous games and we ended up with 2 reds in one incident. One was a 2nd yellow, other straight red for 3rd man in (even though one of their guys came in after too). I guess deserving, but one of their 2 guys should've been sent off, definitely shouldn't have been 2 men down.

Score was 0-0 at that point and we bunkered in for the most part. I was super unimpressed by how little they moved once they went up 2 men. We worked really well together and even moved the ball up the field well a few times before half, had a corner or 2 and a couple chances. Second half same thing, we bunkered a bit deeper and tried to settle for the draw, still got a few chances early in the half. Other mid and I broke and got some space, he drew a deserved penalty and we went up 1-0 about 15mins into 2nd half. We held our lines so well, some of us playing 90mins, our young goalie definitely stood on his head making some huge saves. 5mins left they finally capitalized on a shot from 25 yards or so, nice hit, just didn't close him down quick enough.

Tough to give up the late goal but a very good result and performance for us. Looking forward to getting things going from here.

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard our D3 Side SAFC Hawks.... “Sullivan Athletic FC” (not surrey or sufc) beat Poco fc rangers 5-0 today. Best wishes to their player who apparently left via an ambulance during the game due to a very severe ankle injury.

mjy9

Sep 9, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rockets 1-0 United B

Grinded out a win here. They didn’t have much but a young team (U21 & younger....) that works hard. They’ll need to learn to watch the yapping. Red card for them was for dissent, after about 42 warnings from the stripes.

Our keeper dislocated shoulder which left us playing with 10 for the last 15 but we kept it organized to finish it off. Onto Guilford next week

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should have been, but a mix of playing down to team’s levels, lack of intensity and poor finishing made it a lot closer than it should have been. 5-2 final for us.
Saturday night's game was embarrassing. We went up 4-0 on about 30 minutes and thought it was a stat pack game. We got away from our game and let them into it. They were crap (other than 2 guys in the middle) and we should have handled them easily. We got on each other for getting away from our game and it wasn't pretty. Even the ref commented to me after the game. We better get our sh!t together for next weeks game with sAfc.

wc.Celtic

Oct 8, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mixed bag of results so far this year. Kind of nice for us considering our slow start. Sullivan* sitting top of the table with a few teams behind them on 8 and 7 points. Should be a competitive year.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 5 Predictions
Well for 3A anyway

Celtic 2-1 Unicorns
TriCity 4-0 Rangers
Rockets 2-0 Guildford
United B 1-3 Strikers
TWU 0-6 Benders
Sully v Highlanders MOTW. We will be missing alot of guys, me included, for a big time game. Hope we can pull one out of the hat.

wc.Celtic

Oct 8, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic v Unicorns ... hoping for a good result, should have numbers so finally be able to get some fresh legs on the field, just need to keep 11 players on the field this time
TriCity 3-1 Rangers
Rockets 3-1 Guildford
United B 1-3 Strikers
TWU 0-7 Benders
Sullivan 1-3 Highlanders ... MOTW for sure, should be a good one

3-1s all over the place

wc.Celtic

Oct 8, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shot ourselves in the foot again.
We controlled the game start to finish but let them get to the ball before us twice in the first half, went down 2-0, both goals needing to do better on.
Second half was mainly one way traffic and we put 1 away with 20 mins left to go 2-1. We then got a yapping red, then scored again with about 10 mins left to make it 2-2. Couldn't get a 3rd, but still had most of the ball while man down. Need to figure our shite out a bit, no reason we should be tying a game like that.
2-2 final

4 games in and only 5 points to show for it. Lots of work to do, but that would involve training so gotta keep the expectations realistic.

wc.Celtic

Oct 8, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 5 Predictions
Well for 3A anyway

Celtic 2-1 Unicorns
TriCity 4-0 Rangers
Rockets 2-0 Guildford
United B 1-3 Strikers
TWU 0-6 Benders
Sully v Highlanders MOTW. We will be missing alot of guys, me included, for a big time game. Hope we can pull one out of the hat.

Game report...?

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game report...?
Sully 4-1 Highlanders. We were very short on players. Great classic excuse, I know. I wasn't able to be there either so it's not first hand info. We had a makeshift lineup, with 2 subs (if you want to call the coach a sub). They got a PK for their first goal and our goalie broke his finger on the play. He continued to play until after their second goal when he decided he could not go on. Enter 4th? string goalie. And now only coach for a sub. We got our own PK and our now goalie, took it and scored. They then scored two directly into the net off corners. Wish we could have had a better outing, but not being there gives me no right to say anything. Hopefully next time we play them both teams have their full squad.

Last edited:

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions of the week for 3A

Benders 3-2 Sully MOTW
Unicorns 1-1 Rockets
Celtic 5-1 TWU
Rangers 3-2 Westcoast B
Strikers 3-1 Guildford
Highlanders v TriCity