Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 Div 3 - 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlanders12

Oct 1, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let the lack of discussion begin.

Westcoast Celtic, curious what happened today, not the result I would have expected.

giggscored

Oct 11, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the 'B' side, with 3 teams from Langley and North Delta and 2 from CCB there will be some confusion as to which is which until the standings discern their differences...
Hopefully there is no team like Aldergrove from last year, running 16-0, in what was otherwise a fairly balanced division.

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the 'B' side, with 3 teams from Langley and North Delta and 2 from CCB there will be some confusion as to which is which until the standings discern their differences...
Hopefully there is no team like Aldergrove from last year, running 16-0, in what was otherwise a fairly balanced division.

16-0, every team should have their eyes set on that. No?

giggscored

Oct 11, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
16-0, every team should have their eyes set on that. No?
As a goal you want to win every game, sure...
however, if I'm on a team and we run up the score and never lose, there is no challenge in that. I would want to play games where there is some challenge or push back. I also have no interest in promotion as I'm content in div 3, which is pretty mellow soccer.

I suppose I'm saying wins and loses matter less to me as simply playing. I've lost great games and won ugly undeserved games.

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a goal you want to win every game, sure...
however, if I'm on a team and we run up the score and never lose, there is no challenge in that. I would want to play games where there is some challenge or push back. I also have no interest in promotion as I'm content in div 3, which is pretty mellow soccer.

I suppose I'm saying wins and loses matter less to me as simply playing. I've lost great games and won ugly undeserved games.

What side I’m D3 do you represent?

jaywood

Sep 12, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders 4 - Unicorns 0. The Highlanders did more training before the game than we have done all off-season, had 10 subs to our 0.5, and had way more chances than the 4 they scored on. First half was a decent go, second half we ran out of gas (about 47th minute lol) then went a man down and it was basically over. Clean enough game and would expect Highlanders will compete for promotion this year. 10/10 will out drink them after our home game.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jaywood was absolutely correct. Unicorns did well in the first half and were in the game. 1-0 at half. They ran out of gas in the second half and we capitalized. It could have been more but their keeper did well on a number of occasions. They got a red card that led to our third goal at the 60th minute mark. Not sure anyone knows what the card was for. Ref jestured an elbow ??? I didn't see it. It doesn't appear he has entered it into the league cause its not on the website. Next week with the Benders will be a good test for us.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully everyone got the rust off in week 1 and can put in a good showing this weekend.
3A Predictions

Unicorns 2-2 Westcoast B Both squads had a tough opponent in week 1. Unicorns could win this if they show up with enough guys. Not sure they will tho.
Rockets 1-2 Hawks Heard the hawks could be a decent team. Rockets are a good test for week 2.
Rangers 1-4 Celtic. Celtic were embarrassed last week in their derby. They should rebound
Strikers 4-0 TWU. Are Strikers that much better? TWU shouldn't test them too much regardless.
Blues 0-3 TriCity TriCity are a good Div 3 side. Blues are new to the division. It should show.
Highlanders vs Benders MOTW. Both teams believe they are worthy of winning the division and were eased into the season in week 1. Should be a good battle.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Benders 3-3 Highlanders. Good battle. Hope their guys ok on the last played of the game. He collided with our keeper and put it in the net but went down for a while. We scored at 85 min mark for 2-2. We took a 3-2 lead in min. 91. The scored immediately after and the game ended after their goal. Upset we let them score at the end but glad we tied it late. Lots of chippy play and will be a tough second match. Not sure how their guy didn't get a red on a very late tackle. Ref said their "wasn't enough force for a red". We could of got one for the push after tho. So it's even.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 3A Predictions

Benders 3-1 Unicorns.
TriCity 2-2 Rockets
Celtic v Highlanders
Westcoast B 2-1 Guildford
SAFC Hawks 2-4 Strikers
TWU 1-1 Rangers

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got word that our game with Celtic has been cancelled. Wanted to play this one as I missed both of our meetings last season. The downfalls of a grass pitch.

Gylls

Dec 3, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtics-Highlanders postponed.

I'd like to take the piss out of grass.
The year is 2018 and matches are still getting pp'd due to mild rain/field-flooding.
With the number of Turf fields around now, when will FVSL make it a home game requirement to be in the league? Tired of having 5 or 6 games in hand come February.
Not Celtic's fault, but still ridiculous, especially when you find out at 12:15pm that your day is more or less a write-off.

wc.Celtic

Oct 8, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
So many Highlanders guys on here..
We've tried to get Friday nights on the turf as our home time this year but no luck so far. Still working on it. Unfortunate but luck of the draw. Didn't want to cancel either but we'll work hard to make it up before March.

Regarding our start of the season...numbers have been a big issue. Signed 21 guys and still only had 11 or 12 at both games, lots of guys out of town for some reason this September.
First game vs Strikers was not indicative of the score, but we played like garbage. Couldn't defend as a team - every time they got the ball we collapsed and were all over the place.
Game vs Poco was better but still not amazing. Couple of us were a few beers deep so that didn't help, managed to squeak out the win thankfully. Tough one vs Benders next Friday at midnight or something right?

Gylls

Dec 3, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
For sure; No blame to you guys. Sucks for you as well. Am I right in saying it's hard to get Turf cause you're not in a club?

It you shut down tall, bald Travis in the middle of the park vs. Benders, it'll go a long way. He's a hell of a player. They'll kill you through balls and balls over the top if you let em.

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 3A Predictions

Benders 3-1 Unicorns.
TriCity 2-2 Rockets
Celtic v Highlanders
Westcoast B 2-1 Guildford
SAFC Hawks 2-4 Strikers
TWU 1-1 Rangers

3-1 Win over Stirkers for our D3 side this week. They definitely did not like having the run of the mill against us. Good hard game from both teams.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-1 Win over Stirkers for our D3 side this week. They definitely did not like having the run of the mill against us. Good hard game from both teams.

Hey Red Bull. How many guys play on both of the SAFC teams? Is the Div 3 side a totally different team if the Div 1 team is playing at the same time? Do you play on both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts