Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dude in South America

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Help a brother out...

Heading down to Bolivia for a couple of weeks of mountain biking, but before we do that, we are going to travel to both Santiago and Buenos Aires.

Who has attended football matches down there? Looks like three clubs in Buenos Aires: San Lorenzo, River Plate, Argentinos Juniors, or of course Boca Juniors. I'm hoping I can get in to at least one match while down there. Preferably Boca Juniors.

Anyone been? Tips?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where's SoccerCoach when you need him?

I saw River Plate play which was cool because their ground is where the 1978 WC Final was played and won by the Argies.
Its in a nice part of town and more the 'uppity' club to Boca.

I toured the area where Boca play, in La Boca District (Watch your wallet ;)) and the ground which is called La Bombenera.
It gets a rocking apparently but they weren't in town when I was there.
But they're incredibly well supported as you know.

I 'think' Messi might be a San Lorenzo supporter due to his Italian heritage and might be viewed as the third biggest club in BA?

My recommendation for dinner is La Cabrera in Palermo.
Make a reservation and you won't be disappointed.

Have fun - Its' a cool town.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Help a brother out...

Heading down to Bolivia for a couple of weeks of mountain biking, but before we do that, we are going to travel to both Santiago and Buenos Aires.

Who has attended football matches down there? Looks like three clubs in Buenos Aires: San Lorenzo, River Plate, Argentinos Juniors, or of course Boca Juniors. I'm hoping I can get in to at least one match while down there. Preferably Boca Juniors.

Anyone been? Tips?

I'm sure there wont be any shortage of Tips around down there just waiting on opportunity for a nice fit middle aged white boy with good hair stuck on the side of a dirt road with a flat tire.

Dont go pulling a FAT Ronaldo on us now.

Stay safe!

:D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So meanwhile in a few weeks, at Canada Customs at YVR, some guy called Dude comes boppin in; Canada Customs Officer: "where have you been, what was your itinerary, and the purpose of your trip?" Dude. "hey man. just headed down to Bolivia for some knarly mountain biking. Stopped by Buenos Aires, and Santiago on the way man...tried to check out San Lorenzo, River Plate, the Boca Junior team and all those bros..."

Customs Officer; "I see. Please put your hands behind your back sir". Dude, "hey man that's sir Dude man...Im the Dude..."

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's just "Dude". There is no "the".

I don't know why I need to keep explaining this.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF- good stuff on the reso recommendation.

Akslop- flats on bicycle ties are not that common. There is hardly anything that can go wrong.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really? I thought we were way past grammar and spelling police days.

So disappointing.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
May be "stuck" in Chile, due to time constraints and cost of flying in / out of Bolivia. But that still leaves some pretty good futbol to chase!

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Dude - we hit Buenos Aires and Santiago and saw games at both places. In BA, we took in a Boca game and were seated right beside the hooligan end section (remember the Boca Asses cheerleaders? https://www.takethepiss.com/threads/westside-vs-buenos-aires.13346/ ). Anyways, if you go there, do NOT wave a Canadian flag as that is the Riverplate colors and you are likely to lose your teeth or worse. But, the Boca experience was epic. We also took in Arg vs. Bolivia and treated to a 19 year old Messi show that I will remember forever.

We saw a couple of games in Santiago, one of which was pissing rain like crazy. They were less memorable, but still an experience. Highlights of Chile definitely included heading to the coast to Valparaiso and touring around there - the entire town was covered in mind altering murals from artists that must have taken thousands and thousands of hours to create. But, they had that horrible fire that wiped out the entire town in 2014. Hopefully they have rebuilt and kept the same feel.

Have a great time

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0