Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dude's Sandwich Review

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meant to get to the dulling pianos at NYNY, but got distracted at Beauty & Essex @ the Cosmo, then after a bar downstairs I have since forgotten the name of. Beauty & Essex is a must visit restaurant / incredible lounge. Also at Cosmo, "Rose. Rabbit. Lie." Sit in the lounge, enjoy the live band, and eat some great small plates.

Both spots great starters, and then you are moving on to whatever after 1:00, whatever being whatever others want to do. Usually by 1:00, original plans go out the window. That 3 hours between 1 & 4 go by fast.

My next trip there will have to be more sandwich focused.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just threw-up in my mouth.

Locally, Morino's in Langley, 200th and 72nd. Go inside, go to their sandwich deli bar, and pick any. All made fresh, all ready to be grilled on the spot. In and out in less than 10 w/ sandwich to go.

Yesterday I had the New Yorker (what else? Corned beef), and it was very good, and at $7.50, the right price. Taste was better than good. Quantity of Corned Beef: acceptable. Not over the top, but certainly more meat than bread, and Dude likes his meat.

What?

Based on everything, Morino's New Yorker gets a 4.5 / 5 toothpicks.

Heading to Aspen tomorrow for Dude's birthday week of skiing. If there are sandwiches, I will find them.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are once again taking me out of context. All I wanted to express was how I like my loose, fatty, flappy, aged, smelly corned beef. You sir, are disgusting, and @bandcamp, you are just a trouble maker.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was down in the South Cambie area of Vancouver today and stopped by Pronto Cafe ( http://prontocaffe.ca/ ) to check out their Porchetta.

Pronto is a small little cafe that reminds me of something from the 60's - very basic inside with daily specials hand written on a chalk board. Tables for 1 & 2 are small as well as their 4 / 5 booths. Place was quaint & had some character to it.

Daily specials were all pasta and looked bloody good but I was there for the Porchetta - there's not enough quality places in the Lower Mainland that serve it so I was extremely interested to give it a whirl.

It came after a short wait with a good portion (not over the top) of Porchetta and a few chicharones on top. The pork was presented on a nice, fresh roll with a bit of mayo on the bottom. Wasn't crazy that they mayo was on the bun as I'm a traditionalist and like the Porchetta on it's own.

The Porchetta itself was very good. Some Italian Grandma somewhere would probably nod her head in approval but the big disappointment were the chicharones. There were like 7/8 of them and all but 2 were very good - light, crispy and tasty. The other two were abysmal - someone could do some damage to their teeth they were that hard. It was honestly like trying to bite down on a rock - not bloody acceptable.

I will go back in the future but it will probably be for their pasta (which looked & smelled fantastic).

3.75 / 5 Toothpicks

IMG_0990.JPG

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indeed, a nice break away from greeting the throngs of people at Wal-Mart. Plus, last time the Bear Cubs & I went for lunch, it ended up being a 5 day bender in Scottsdale.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can we put that down as a bad photo? Looks dry. Not doing it for Dude, but we appreciate the content.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It just sates, "Yellow card issued to Akslop on account of Akslop.".

Reason given, no justification required.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Besides Walks, Santa also hates you, and will be delivering coal to you for Christmas for resurrecting the long dead spelling / grammar piss take. I thought that died with the I-tie thread.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't post here often, mainly because there are so few sandwiches anywhere worthy of my effort. Today I found a unicorn: a sandwich shop in Whistler that does it right at a non-Whistler price. The Corner Deli. No website, so here is their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/thecornerdeliwhistler/ .

When you order, you get your sandi whapped in brown wrapping paper, and a small bag of chips. No nonsense. Small shop. One guy behind a counter, couple of guys in the back making sandis. meant to be carried away, but if there is a seat free, stay and eat. The shop has no bells and whistles. Located on Main street, next to the drycleaner, sort of kitty-corner to La Cantina.

Price is about $12.00 for one of these Montreal Smoked meat sandis. Only thing slightly imperfect about this is that it's not a truly "fatty" smoked meat. it's a blend of lean and fat. But damn it's good. Options include: hot mustard instead of regular, and pickle or no pickle. They get themselves a solid 4.85/5 toothpicks. Can't wait till they expand their meat selection or pastrami, and can make a Morley's Megamerger, a classic from the days of Kaplan's.

Also, fcuk off, @akslop , you fcuking grammar Nazzi.
Om nom nom.jpg

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0