Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

English F A Cup

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shocking !!!!!!!!!!!

Man U 0 - Burton Albion 0.

Correct me if i'm wrong but is this team not a div 4 team?(I know that there is Premiership, Champions League, then div 1,div 2 and Burtons division. The Nationwide Conference )

I know they sat alot of starters but man oh man they almost got knocked out!

I bet the Red Devil fans are singing the praises of Old Fergie now.:rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't they tie last year at Old Trafford to some lower division club?

Nice result for Liverpool yesterday though it was dicey there for a bit it seems.

Rosco

Nov 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ok i never post in here but this game was so painful i must join in!!

alex fergusen is a knob. he didn't even play a 2nd string team, it was more of a 3rd string. with solskjaer as the captain (who has played in 14 matches for the club since 2003)?

pique and silvestre were horrible on defense, it was a total kick and run game. rooney and ronaldo were brought on with 30 minutes to go and the game did improve, but the two of them couldn't carry the other 9.

you would have thought that ferguson would have learned his lesson in exeter and played a proper lineup.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many ****-ups is it going to take before Fergie finally gets the well deserved axe. One can't argue that he's DONE so much for the club, but what he's presently DOING is an absolute embarrassment. The fact that he's a Scotsman just adds insult to injury...

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know he wants to rest his so called stars.(That being Fergie)
But man oh man are people over in England saying his time has come and gone.

Who's the best man for the job? With that much talent they should beat any team in that lower division by 5 goals or more.

I wonder how training was today?

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ferguson is the one who needs the extra training. He's taken a page out of his friend Wenger's book and become an egotistical pratt!

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitely the marquee match-up in the fifth round of the FA Cup. Liverpool/Man Utd on February 18th/19th at Anfield. It should be a cracker. Will the taunts at Old Traford come back and haunt Gary Neville?

A couple of days later The Reds travel (I think) to Lisbon to play Benfica in a Champions League game. A huge week for sure.

Sandman

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And that's why we are European Champions!

Just for Inspector Blake:

Scouse Schleppers 1 Manchester Buccaneers 0

Get in there Crouchie!!!

United out of the FA Cup, Europe and the league. The Reds have a trip to Lisbon to keep them occupied and ManUSA have the Carling Cup. Have a great time with that fellas.

United had the ball stuffed down their throat again, but this time the game ended with the correct scoreline.

Sorry to see Smithy get injured. Sounds pretty bad, sincerely hope he has a good recovery. I used to like the guy 'til he sold his soul to the Devil(s).

Here's a pic of birthday boy Gary Neville enjoying Peter's goal. Says it all doesn't it?

Attachments

• _41348524_nevillle_crowd416.jpeg
    _41348524_nevillle_crowd416.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 94

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Liverpool v. West Ham final.

Harewood with the winner today to put us in the final. Great first season back in the Premiership.

Cheers

Attachments

• westhamceleb_tm_e.jpeg
    westhamceleb_tm_e.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 54

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
crafty cokcney said:
Liverpool v. West Ham final.

Harewood with the winner today to put us in the final. Great first season back in the Premiership.

Cheers

So Crafty, after all the DMU and LU battles, we meet again come May 13th I believe. Maybe a little side bet, perhaps a few tokens or the like. Unfortunately, Liverpool has nothing to focus on other than this game. Has the potential of being ugly, but probably won't.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Liverpool ensured a spot in the Champions League West Ham will now be entered in the UEFA Cup as their prize for being in the FA Cup final, yes? Great stuff by the West Ham sandwiches.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't find any regular TV coverage of the game. Anybody know if PPV is available or any other means.

I'm sure Sportsnet have covered the event the past few years.?

Cheers

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good old Cokcney Knees Up

A good old Cokcney knees-upBilly Blagg, Soccernet West Ham Correspondent

In 1999, when I penned my first Blagg column on the web site then known as the 'Ironworks', West Ham were chasing an Inter-toto place with a squad full of some of the best young players in the country.

In many ways what has happened in the seven years since is a microcosm of the history of West Ham United Football Club. Up, down, delight, disappointment, great wins, horrendous defeats, excitement, misery, tension, boredom, great players, mediocre players, 'Brown Out', 'Good old Mr. Brown' (Ok - just joking on that last one) and then at the end, as if by magic, one of those days that make supporting West Ham the defining life choice it undoubtedly is; a day you will remember for the rest of your life.

Liverpool v West Ham United in the FA Cup final! Sounds good doesn't it? And believe me, whatever happens on Saturday, it will be good. Being associated with West Ham means that whenever the good days arrive they will be enjoyed to the maximum because, if the East End teaches you nothing else, it sure as hell teaches you how to appreciate life's salad days; it also teaches you how to party.

Just being a part of the final game of the season day is a source of great pride and constant wonder. I'm still finding it hard to understand why the 'Wig and Pen' in Colchester has the Boleyn Castle and crossed irons painted onto its window and I have to pinch myself when I realise they are trying to pull punters in to watch - the 2006 FA Cup final. Similarly, the Cup final advert on the BBC; tune in at 11am and get to see a day in the life of Nigel Reo-Coker; watch Marlon Harewood walk his dogs; see the players - yes OUR players - walk out to inspect the pitch. It's great, just great!

Don't bother explaining this to your Arse supporting work colleagues. Don't waste your time trying to get your feelings across to a ManUre fan. You have to support West Ham and have some affinity with the East End to understand what is going to happen on Saturday May 13th 2006.

I fancy West Ham to win on Saturday - there's a real 1980 feel about it - but even were we to lose, in a sense, it's a still a match we've already scored some sort of moral victory in. The Hammers are virtually everyone's favourite second team and it seems even the hardest heart is welcoming us back to the top table.

There would inevitably be some anguish in defeat but nothing like we'd experience if it came at the hands of a London rival, a ManUre, or a mid-table side we'd already thumped this season. Playing Liverpool - the best team in Europe last season - adds a certain cachet to a footballing feast that the whole world watches.

West Ham and Liverpool, like Newcastle, are the last bastions of old-style working class football where heart, soul, passion and entertaining football mean more than corporate boxes and sponsoring the players' socks. Dump any of these teams in League One and they would all still be pulling in 30,000+ because the fabric of the club is based on the loyalty and love of the fan not the availability of a hotel room or a training facility. It's not a coincidence that these are the only three clubs in the Premier League was a 'proper' song for an anthem (Errrr...no! at the back there 'Good Old Arsenal' and 'Blue Is the Colour' do not count!).

In what has been a fantastic season for everyone associated with West Ham the final has thrown up a match that everyone can be proud to be involved in. We've had a fantastic run to the final with barely an easy tie along the way and we're in Cardiff on merit; we're also in Europe regardless and we can, hopefully, turn up and play the type of football for which we are rightly renowned and make the final a spectacle for all those watching around the world (although if it is a tedious 0-0 draw until the ball bounces off of Marlon's bum and into the Liverpool net in the 92nd minute well - then ces't la vie!).

For those of you who've seen this before then you know what to expect and just how great Saturday is going to be. Keep a place in your heart for those who were around for the last time but not with us now. Remember that this day, this club represents your community and your birthright. Stand tall; sing loud.

For those of you who've not been this way before, remember every minute, be proud, be happy - and have a hankie ready for 'Abide with Me' - you may think you're a bit of a hard nut but you will need it.

If you have tears on Saturday prepare to shed them. Wherever you are going to watch the game; whoever you are with; whatever you do; enjoy the day.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0