Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

English Premiership 2001/2002/2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Depths of despair

On behalf of all Celtic supporters.
Walks, Your banned from the Croat Cultural centre. Watch the game at home, oh wait I think I remember you saying your cable was on the blink. To bad.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Guinness is quite nice there ......

Walks, Your banned from the Croat Cultural centre.

They can't afford to ban me from the centre, my last bar bill paid for their electricity through 2004.

Steve ........ wrong thread, fcuk off ;)

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1rst Div Playoffs!!!!!

Great game between Forest and Shefield United today.

Forest up 2-0 United tied it.

Paul Pescisolido yes Paul Pesh scored a cracker in extre time to put United up with 8 to play then Des Walker scored an og to make it 4-2, right before a United player scored an og to make the final score 4-3.

Cracker of a match.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
true........

David Beckham gets a lot of stick for being thick, but nobody ever has a go at Stephen Hawking for being shite at football.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
/

If Man City end up naming their new stand after Colin Bell we can expect to hear some commentator gems like "Seaman comes out at the Bell End".

Which would be amusing..........

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of Bell Ends.

Seaman signs for Man City

David Seaman has thanked Arsenal for '13 fantastic years' at Highbury after agreeing a one-year deal with Manchester City today.

Seaman: Arsenal era at an end (RossKinnaird/GettyImages)

The 39-year-old made 564 appearances for the Gunners in a distinguished spell in north London where he won three league titles, four FA Cups, the European Cup Winners' Cup and League Cup.

However, his future at Arsenal looked in doubt with many predicting - rightly as it turned out - that the FA Cup final triumph over Southampton would be his last game for the club.

Seaman told the official Arsenal website: 'I have given this move an enormous amount of thought and I honestly believe that the time is right for me to move on to a new challenge.

'I want at least one more season of guaranteed first-team football in the Premiership and honestly feel I am as fit as I have ever been.

'I have had 13 fantastic years at Arsenal, winning more trophies than I could ever have hoped for and working with world-class players.

'I have also had the privilege to work with great managers like Arsene Wenger and George Graham who have both been a massive support to me both professionally and personally during my time at Arsenal. But I want to say a special thank you to the Arsenal fans who have made Highbury feel like my own back garden when I played there.'

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger - who will now be looking for a new number one at Highbury following Seaman's departure - called it a 'great loss' that Seaman was leaving.

The Frenchman said: 'David Seaman is an Arsenal legend and deserves only the highest recognition for everything he has achieved for both club and country over the past 13 years.

'He is an outstanding professional and to lose someone of his calibre is a great loss to the club.

'I, like many of our supporters, did not want David to leave but of course, I respect his desire to play regular first team football and wish him every success in the future.'

City manager Kevin Keegan was known to be on the trail of the out-of-contract Arsenal and England goalkeeper as a replacement for Peter Schmeichel.

Keegan worked with Seaman when he was coach of the England team.

City chairman John Wardle told the official Manchester City website: 'I am over the moon that David has signed for City.'

Keegan had also been tracking current England goalkeeper David James. But with finances limited despite a £2million cash boost on the way from BSkyB, he opted instead for Seaman.

After 13 seasons with Arsenal, the 39-year-old had already been told by Arsene Wenger he would no longer be first choice at Highbury next season - although he had been offered a one-year contract with the promise of a place on the club's coaching staff after that.

Such was the uncertainty over his future plans, Sven-Goran Eriksson felt compelled to leave him out of his England squad for the build-up to next Wednesday's Euro 2004 qualifier with Slovakia.

But with a one-year contract in the bag, Seaman could yet make a dramatic return for next summer's finals in Portugal - giving him the chance of adding to his 75 international caps, some of which were won under Keegan.

'With his vast experience, he could not be a better replacement in goal for Manchester City following Peter Schmeichel's retirement at the end of last season,' added Wardle.

'We are looking forward to working with David, because he is one of football's true professionals.'

Seaman's arrival has not been greeted with unbridled joy by the City faithful, with one `King of the Kippax' fanzine editor Dave Wallace saying: 'This one is a worry.

'When Peter Schmeichel came in last summer the idea was that he would either bring on Carlo Nash and Nicky Weaver or we would get someone for the longer term.

'Instead we are bringing another older goalkeeper in for the short term. You can do it once, but I'm not sure it works twice.

'David Seaman has been a great goalkeeper and he might be able to do it for another year.

'He is a big name, and in that sense it does send out a signal. But we have to look at recruiting some younger players as well.'

News of Seaman's arrival comes after City confirmed they have received an additional £2million from BSkyB as reward for staying in the Premiership and their surprise entrance into Europe through the Fair Play League.

The cash bonus was part of the £12million package negotiated between City and the satellite broadcaster in 1999 and should give Keegan more flexibility in the transfer market.

It has also been confirmed that Keegan has swooped to sign another veteran in Bayern Munich's 33-year-old midfielder Michael Tarnat.

Tarnat, part of the Bayern side defeated by Manchester United in the 1999 Champions League final, agreed a one-year contract.

The news all adds to the excitement felt around the club at their summer move to their new 48,000 home at Eastlands, which will host European football when City make their return to the UEFA Cup after a 24-year absence.

'We are delighted to have signed Michael,' said Wardle.

'He has an excellent record, with Champions League experience, and will do well for the club.

'Kevin was keen to sign this player because he has some excellent qualities and experience in European football.'

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beckham out?

While Beckham could actually be on his way from Old Trafford, Sir Alex Ferguson has asked Laurent Blanc to postpone his retirement until Christmas while the club's injury crisis clears. (Daily Mirror)
Wait till Walks reads this.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man City don't mind picking up fossils for goalies. Schmeichel(sp?) was done when they signed him and now Seaman. They must be getting a discount with the ages of the keepers. I heard Gordon Banks was going to be getting a call for back-up. I hope he is still alive or I will take his name out and replace it with Pat Jennings.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Atleast Schmeichel was a good goalie. Why would you sign Seaman? Maybe the manger just wants to see him get chipped in person.:p

Parkhead

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pat Jennings for sure. His wig was way ahead of his time. Fashion is cyclical.

PS. Beckham to Rangers. I heard it at Brandi's. And Woodsy told me also.

Buckfast

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
But with a one-year contract in the bag, Seaman could yet make a dramatic return for next summer's finals in Portugal - giving him the chance of adding to his 75 international caps, some of which were won under Keegan.

I sure hope not. There has to be someone in England that can catch a ball when it is lobbed in on them. No doubt Seaman was a great goalie but he is past his prime and his weakness has been exposed on an international stage more than once. I look forward to seeing a fresh face backstopping England next summer.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
David Seaman has thanked Arsenal for '13 fantastic years' at Highbury after agreeing a one-year deal with Manchester City today.

Best news United have heard all summer ...........

Sir Alex Ferguson has asked Laurent Blanc to postpone his retirement until Christmas while the club's injury crisis clears.

Worst news United have heard all summer ........... Fergie, are you fcuking joking me ???

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
God bless Seaman .......

Yeah, who knows ...... those fcuks might even give us a run next year :D.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walk maybe you will like this one, thats cheap for Ronaldinho.

Manchester United have agreed personal terms with Ronaldinho
First Published: Jun 05, 2003

Brazilian World Cup star Ronaldinho has agreed personal terms with Manchester United, many British national newspapers reported, fuelling speculation David Beckham is set to leave Old Trafford.

The Sun newspaper claimed United chief executive Peter Kenyon was in Paris on Wednesday to agree a nine-million-pound (14.7-million-dollar) fee for 23-year-old Ronaldinho with Paris Saint Germain.

Ronaldinho is seen by the British tabloid press as the first purchase in a summer spending jamboree by United boss Alex Ferguson and a 30-million-pound transfer fee for Beckham would help fund that.

The Sun further claims Ronaldinho could be unveiled after playing in the Confederations Cup in France later this month.

Ronaldinho's long-range free-kick earned Brazil a 2-1 victory over England in the 2002 World Cup quarter-finals in the Far East.

On Wednesday, Jonathan Holmes, the managing director of SFX Sports Group, who represents Beckham, did not deny United could make the decision to sell the England captain.

Beckham, on holiday in the United States, has continually said he intends to stay at the recently-crowned English Premiership champions.

The Daily Telegraph reported personal terms for Ronaldinho, still in Brazil, had been settled in principle through his brother and agent Roberto Assis.

The paper added even Beckham's boot sponsor did not look unhappy at Beckham's possible move to Real Madrid.

Herbert Hainer, representing Adidas, was reported by the Telegraph as saying: "I don't know what is coming up, but it is definitely an interesting option for him, because Real Madrid are a great team."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0