Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ESPN Classic FA Cups

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know how many out there have ESPN Classic but I just got it last week.

I originally got it for the emmense ammount of 1980s Women's Curling :rolleyes: but enjoyed last week's broadcast of the 1970 FA Cup final between Chelsea and Leeds.

Tonight they are showing the 1972 FA Cup Final between Arsenal and Leeds. 9 pm and midnight Channel 108.

Thoughts?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnsie's cat's breath smells like cat food!

I've got the original ESPN Classics here but unfortunately you don't get much FA football on it... however, the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals I watched before the 'Nucks/Wings tilt on Tuesday was magic!

Anyways, somewhere in there I was on topic :D

Do they show FA every Friday?

~Regs.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah, what a kick-fest. There would have been about 6 reds by today's standards. They played a very tough game with a little bit of skill thrown in periodically. It certainly was entertaining....

Some of the ex-Whitecaps were...Alan Ball, Peter "Thunderfoot" Lorimer, and Johnny Giles. David Harvey was a great goalie by the way. It is strange watching the different rules in action and of course, the shoc-king jerseys.

Captain

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nowhere else to stick this..........said the vicar.........

Wednesday, March 19, 2003

FA Cup hero has ear bitten off

Forward George Reilly, who scored Watford's winning goal in the 1984 FA Cup semi-final, has had his ear bitten off by a disgruntled Plymouth fan who had held a grudge over his team's defeat for 19 years.

Reilly, a 6 feet 4 inch striker became a bricklayer after hanging up his boots and was working on a building site in Corby, Northants when a labourer punched him to the ground, The Sun reported on Tuesday.

The attacker chewed off one of Reilly's ears and whispered 'Plymouth' into the other one. Doctors had to use 50 stitches to sew 45-year-old Reilly's ear back on.

Plymouth lost the semi-final 1-0 - the closest they have ever come to reaching the FA Cup final. Watford lost 2-0 to Everton in the final.

'I can't believe someone has held a grudge for that long,' said Reilly, who also played for Newcastle United. 'I know people have strong loyalties but this is taking it a bit far.

'This guy just punched me. I overpowered him and we were both lying in a pool of mud. Then he bit me. My ear was hanging by the lobe. I also needed eight stitches in my eye, so I'm in a bit of a mess.'

Reilly, who said he may call in the police, added: 'The bloke was from Plymouth but he has vanished from the building site. I don't know who he is.'

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 1978 FA Cup final between Bobby Robson's Ipswich and Arsenal has just started on ESPN Classic.

The Captain should not miss this one as it features his hero Pat Jennings in the Arsenal goal and another left-footed Irish genius in Liam Brady (shite manager though).

There's a few others that the casual fan should recognise such as David O'Leary, Frank Stapleton, Paul Mariner and John "Shot At Glory" Wark to name but a few.

Repeats at 9pm and 3am.

There are some tight perms and feather kings on display in this one.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All I wanna do issa zoom-zoom-zoom and a boom-boom and...

You know the rest. :D

My God.
I watched this well touted game lads and not only do the various feather locks and perms and etc. lids crack me up but so does the fitness.
Those fcuking guys were knackered at 75 minutes.
It was fcuking hilarious.
The guy who got the goal for Ipswich, who got it off a guy from Arsenal in box who could barely clear the ball he was so wiped, had to come off because he was fcuking done.
Then David O'Leary is stumbling around out there because of a minor collision and the guy's acting like he got floored by Lyle Alzado or some other NFL linebacker type.
He's about to pass out as he getting his runner-up medal.
All because the temparature for a May game was maybe 16C or something?

Too funny how much the game has changed.
The only similarity I think was Bobby Robson still has the same grey suit.

Mind you I'd still rather watch that than some Iraqi tank being blown up to fcuk.

RF

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Context

It's the FA Cup final.

You should leave it all on the field.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I stand corrected, you're right.

I just was shocked to see guys dropping between 60-75 minutes.
They all looked like they were dying of heat exhaustion.

It was just so weird to see that yet a guy like Burley went hard to the end.
I guess he was a youngster then.
Also, Jennings looked very good, especially the save on Burley.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts