Not open for further replies.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Est
Mar 22, 2007
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
The reason why the shooters shoot low is that you rarely miss the net and if you don't score it can be blamed on the keeper for making a great save...not you blasting it high over the bar and into the crowd!
Of course it's easier to hit the net if you shoot low....for ordinary hacks! These are pros getting paid big bucks. I know that Pele would never miss:D. Or Neymar :wa:

Reactions: Regs

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Est
Jul 3, 2001
Reaction score
in a parking lot with lots and lots of speedbumps
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess a draw is justified for Greece and Poland but to be honest, I really started to think about the "FIX" theories after the two yellow cards shown to the Greek defender. I am surprised he held it together. A certain reaction by a Greek player at Nation's Cup a few years ago comes to mind.:confused:

But WTF is going on? How can this happen at this level? And coach's complain about our local officials, especially at the youth level? I would have removed my team from the pitch. That would have shown them.:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Est
Jul 20, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money

And my second team.......

Great start by the Russian side of the Burns' household......

Last edited by a moderator:

Dancin Bear

Est
Oct 26, 2006
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course it's easier to hit the net if you shoot low....for ordinary hacks! These are pros getting paid big bucks. I know that Pele would never miss:D. Or Neymar :wa:
I've always been amazed at the argument that they are 'professionals and should obviously do this or that with a pk because they get paid loads of money...'
They're human ffs!!!! The pressure on the taker's shoulders is astronomical! And that is all it comes down to. Nerves. At that stage, for the most part, unless you're Zidane, it is picking a spot (maybe) and hoping to hell that it goes in. Period.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Est
Mar 22, 2007
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed about the nerves and the pressure. But, shoot low and hope that the goalie doesn't guess right AND that you hit the target, or, shoot high and just hope you hit the target, your odds are much better. Also, by me saying they are getting big bucks all I meant by that is that they are good, they can hit any target from 12 meters out most of the time

Dancin Bear

Est
Oct 26, 2006
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Germans deserved it....just warming up. Podolski is minging. I have no idea why he stayed on the park. Very impressed by Hummels at the back and think zee Germans will just get stronger. An important 3 points.

On a sidenote; Meireles is a wanker!

4thplacetrophy

Est
Mar 3, 2008
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jesus the reffing in that Germany game was terrible, so inconsistent with his calls.

Agreed DB about Podolski, he better do a better job in Arsenal shirt than he did tonight.

termatofylakas

Est
Sep 16, 2003
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
They need Klose up front to go with Podolski. When those two play he seems to get goals from Klose's work. That and Gomez is like the German Carroll.

Bronco

Est
Oct 17, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
He was not offside when the Irish player played him in. He was on the shot, but that is moot once the Irish player played him through on goal. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.