Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

EURO 2012 Groups & Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe one of the teams gave the other team the clap and it didn't go over well. I sure hope Yoda and 2-9 don't have masks.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not fluent in all of the languages spoken at this tournament, but I don't think we've heard "you fat bastard" once :confused::confused:

Oh yeah, and the Dutch are getting stuffed!!! :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Dutch manager has got this all wrong. He's left some real quality on the bench so far.

Their back line is their achilled heel for sure, but in all honesty if he'd put his best players on the park there's not a team in the world that could get the ball off them.

I'd line up like this:
---------------Huntelaar-----------------
RVP-------------------------------Robben
-----------Sneijder--Vandervaart---------
----------------DeJong-------------------
Willems----Mathijsen--Heitinga---Vanderwiel

Leaving Affellay and vanBommell (who is clearly past it) as the first off the bench.

Sneijder is showing his form drop off a lot, and Vandervaart who had a very good season this year is left rotting on the bench.

Germans are very efficient and rarely turn the ball over. Gomez is finishing and Schweinsteiger is probably the best all around player in this tournament.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dutch are not out yet and the Germans are not in. Lets be honest the Irish were just in it for the festivities.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard to watch the Dutch play like this. The only way through is to smash the porkchops and have Germany beat Denmark. Stranger things have happened. I'm sure Ronaldo will have his chances against the porus Dutch defence. Huntlaar must start. Even Kuyt, he is a plummer and on a team full of egomaniacs Bert needs to find a spot for him. The nice thing about the Holland Portugal game is that we are likely to see more than a couple of goals scored. I just hope it's by the right team :)

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard to watch the Dutch play like this. The only way through is to smash the porkchops and have Germany beat Denmark. Stranger things have happened. I'm sure Ronaldo will have his chances against the porus Dutch defence. Huntlaar must start. Even Kuyt, he is a plummer and on a team full of egomaniacs Bert needs to find a spot for him. The nice thing about the Holland Portugal game is that we are likely to see more than a couple of goals scored. I just hope it's by the right team :)

We beat Portugal by 2 and Germany wins, the Dutch are through. Not where they wanted to be but still very possible.
I personally didn't like Stecklenbergs positioning on the second goal, he needs to get off that line and take away the angle(which was very tight). Perhaps a keeper has a better read on that. I also thought we needed the save against Denmark, hard to get those legs closed I guess. When in doubt blame Luongo I mean Stecklenberg.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We beat Portugal by 2 and Germany wins, the Dutch are through. Not where they wanted to be but still very possible.
I personally didn't like Stecklenbergs positioning on the second goal, he needs to get off that line and take away the angle(which was very tight). Perhaps a keeper has a better read on that. I also thought we needed the save against Denmark, hard to get those legs closed I guess. When in doubt blame Luongo I mean Stecklenberg.

The Netherlands backline is so poor, Jaap Staam must be tearing out the few hairs left on his head wherever he is watching.

Stekelenburg with a massive save on a wide-open Badstuber at the backpost in the first half just before the second Gomez goal. Horrible marking!!

Second half, Hummels walks straight up the middle as the oranje sea parts for him, and gets 2 cracks at it, both saved by Stekelenburg.

If it wasn't for the keeper, the Germans would have had plenty more. Although he did almost give one away to Klose on the mishandled backpass.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No I agree the back line is more of a gaping wound then a defense. As well as we played against Denmark, every time they crossed a ball or came in the area the marking was completely pedestrian. How the dutch can't produce a single centerback in this generation makes you think the dutch youth system may need to bring in a few Italians coaches to teach some defensive positioning. We keep creating all this offensive talent but haven't had a world class center back since Jaap Stam.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No I agree the back line is more of a gaping wound then a defense. As well as we played against Denmark, every time they crossed a ball or came in the area the marking was completely pedestrian. How the dutch can't produce a single centerback in this generation makes you think the dutch youth system may need to bring in a few Italians coaches to teach some defensive positioning. We keep creating all this offensive talent but haven't had a world class center back since Jaap Stam.

Or you could be like Portugal and steal one...

Douglas Franco Teixeira - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Netherlands backline is so poor, Jaap Staam must be tearing out the few hairs left on his head wherever he is watching.

Stekelenburg with a massive save on a wide-open Badstuber at the backpost in the first half just before the second Gomez goal. Horrible marking!!

Second half, Hummels walks straight up the middle as the oranje sea parts for him, and gets 2 cracks at it, both saved by Stekelenburg.

If it wasn't for the keeper, the Germans would have had plenty more. Although he did almost give one away to Klose on the mishandled backpass.

I don't think it's got anything to do with Stekelenberg but he didn't really have a save that was world class. He knew nothing about Badstuder's header. It hit him more than he saved it.....imo it was a terrible miss by ze big German. If Hummels had been anyone else, that would have been a goal...shot the first one at Stekelenberg and the 2nd attempt was a bit soft. Best save of the game was from Neuer on Van Persie.
That said, the Dutch just haven't been good enough.

Yes, their defense is mince, but let's not forget that they have a grand total of 1 goal in 2 games. Not exactly tearing anything up here. I would like them to get past the Portuguese...but the thought of watching Ronaldo continue to be not the best player in the world does make me moist.

Good luck just the same :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dutch are not out yet and the Germans are not in. Lets be honest the Irish were just in it for the festivities.

Really? Fcuk, Ireland is filled with talent from the EPL.........the greatest league in the world according to most on here. WBA/Wolves/Stoke.......the list goes on and on.

Let's hope the Irish keep the score down tomorrow against Spain. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0