Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Euro 2020

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not too into it. I would assume the economic benefit of hosting the tournament to a region or single country would outweigh the costs, something a potential host would consider prior to making a bid. I think having 45 countries hosting it would create a mess for scheduling, could create bias's in some teams randomly getting home field advantage, while other games drawing few fans - 2 small countries playing in an equally and uninterested small countries stadium. The idea of small countries building a "national stadium" for the opportunity to host 1 or 2 possible matches without knowing the quality of sides playing appears to be even more of a risk than preparing for the entire tournament.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Article is from Dec.6th 2012 :). There are numerous cities hosting though, they are: Amsterdam, Baku (Azerbaijan), Bilbao, Bucharest, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dublin, Glasgow, London, Munich, Rome and St.Petersburg.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But the thread title is still very much appropriate. :)

Just being efficient here and not trying to stack up on my new thread points. :rolleyes: :D

Buckfast wants us to stay in Bilbao as a base and just jet around the continent for matches. :cool:

Even if Scotland don't make it. ;)

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I for one have every intention of hitting a couple of host cities and watching some games...and travelling. Love the idea of many countries hosting. More options

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got 4 tickets at each of Copenhagen for June 29th, Glasgow on June 30th, and both semi-finals at Wembley on July 7th & 8th actually.

That said, and I'm absolutely gutted, I'll need to dump my Glasgow tickets though.
I'm heading to Croatia for a week's holiday with Buckfast after Copenhagen and before we go to London for the semis.
Nothing like fcuking off your own home town...
But it's too much of a hassle to go to Split after the Glasgow match the way our lodgings booking worked out - I'd be missing two days there.

We're going to Amsterdam first now, and hoping to get tickets there for the June 27th match using Viagogo or something.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
If we didn't have tickets for the 30th we'd have taken Glasgow off your hands, 6 of us going, hoping to pick more tickets up in December, anyone know if tickets will be available through Canada Soccer?

Never heard of Viagogo, will check it out, I'm part of England Supporters Club so hoping for more tickets through them in December, no luck for us with semi final or final tickets in UEFA draw unfortunately.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ha Ha - Viagogo was a bit dodgy but I was able to get tickets last time to two matches in France using them.
Its one of those fingers crossed kind of things and they assume NO responsibility for anything and they do NOT give any customer service whatsoever.
But it worked...

If anyone is interested in the tickets in Glasgow, feel free to PM me.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confused Gary Coleman GIF

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Been waiting for this.

Cool little predictor here.

Can The Poles pull off the impossible.
Where will England's Tournament end?

England's progress will depend heavily on their group stage results. They actually will be better served finishing 2nd and getting to play the 2nd place team from group E (likely Poland or Sweden) instead of winning their group and facing 2nd place from the group of death (one of France, Germany, Portugal)

Strange how that works!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only thing worse than the Ities in this first half has been the Turks.

No imagination!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts