Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

F1 - 2006

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jaques done with Sauber???
Kubica to replace Villeneuve in Hungary

Associated Press
8/1/2006 2:25:24 PM
MUNICH, Germany (AP) - Robert Kubica will replace Canadian Jacques Villeneuve at the wheel of a BMW-Sauber car at the Hungarian Grand Prix, becoming the first Polish driver to contest a Formula One race.
"Jacques has informed us that he is not ready to race after his Hockenheim accident," BMW team chief Mario Theissen said.
The native of Iberville, Que., crashed during the German GP on Sunday, but did not appear to be hurt.
Kubica, 21, has been test driving for BMW-Sauber team this year.
"Robert has made an outstanding impression with the team so far, both in testing and on the Friday of the race weekends," Theissen said Tuesday in a statement. "Now we will see how he performs in a Formula One race."
The Hungarian race is on Sunday, with two practice sessions on Friday and qualifying on Saturday.
Kubica has topped some practice sessions, the only day test drivers are allowed behind the wheel.
"I had prepared myself for a whole year without actually competing in any races, so I am even happier to get this opportunity," Kubica said. "And I am proud that the BMW-Sauber team have such confidence in me. I am determined not to let them down."
No decision has been made on who will drive the car in the remaining five races after the Hungarian GP or next year, Theissen said, indicating that Villeneuve's career with BMW-Sauber may be ending.
Or is he really just hurt??

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think so. They have been looking for an out all year and couldn't justify anything at the start of the season when he was doing well.

He hasn't faired very well in the last 4 races and the crash where he got "injured" was just the ticket.

Come back to CART Jaacques!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jacques racing career is likely over now, being transgendered and all, and of higher estrogen / lower testosterone levels.

He'll have an unfair advantage over the other hotheaded motor heads, and calmer behind the wheel...although he will likely have to stop for directions more often during races.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not from 2006, but found this on Youtube. The start of the '98 Belgian Grand Prix.

Madness!!!!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts