Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

F1 General

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Austrian Joke.

Ferrari has brought F1 into a dark and ugly era. Team orders decided the Austrian Grand Prix on Sunday, and it was a disgrace. Meters from the finish line Barichello moves over to let Shumacher by. A win that should have been for Rubhino. I hope that Ferrari get slapped with a huge fine over this, and perhaps some probation or something.

Other than that the race wasn't bad for a change. JV who started way back in 17th put on a charge. He looked like the JV of old and was as high as third. Battleing for fifth his engine blew on the last lap. Tough luck.

Where are all those people who said they would be more active in this forum this year? 5BT's? TPS? Let's go boys. Tiner? Two posts? Come on!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ferrari

I have to agree with TheRob on this matter... However, they made themselves look a lot worse than the reality of F1... This type of thing has been happening for years, it's just Ferrari were stupid tits and waited until the last moment to have Schumacher pass Berichello... This is what makes F1 a dull and boring sport to watch in comparison to CART... (my opinion)... Hence the reason why I barely take the time to even watch the highlights knowing that Schumacher probably won anyway, or was allowed to win by his team!!! :rolleyes:

Sorry Robbie boring fcuking thread, Guinness

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After watching that last race I really didn't want to post anything. That was just fcuking disgracefull. Barrichello deserved the win.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More fallout.

Michael Schumacher and the Ferrari team could face lawsuits in connection with last weekend's 'staged' outcome of the Austrian Grand Prix.

Austrian businessman Wolfgang Poeltl says he is planning a class action lawsuit against the F1 team and its drivers after Rubens Barrichello was ordered to let Schumacher pass him on the final lap of the race.

Reports out of Austria and Italy say the team could face betting fraud charges. A number of agencies which take bets on the outcome of F1 races have either refunded or paid out winnings for both Schumacher and Barrichello, resulting in huge losses in some cases.

Italian officials have reportedly asked state prosecutors to look into the legal ramifications of last weekend's events.

Ferrari have vigorously defended their actions, saying that team orders have always been a part of the sport and that they will do everything necessary to win the championship.

Ferrari have been summoned to appear before the FIA next month but its believed they will be punished for their actions during the podium ceremonies rather than the final lap incident.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Monaco GP

Good race today and at least someone other than Ferrari was dominating this race. At least Schumacher did get points today to add to his ever increasing total.
Villeneuve has got to jump ship next year he just can't go on like this and you can tell it is getting to him. He just quit today.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Canadian Grand Prix

Few drivers are as closely associated with one race as Jacques Villeneuve is with the Canadian Grand Prix.
The fact that the venue is called Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, after his famous Ferrari-driving father, says it all and Jacques loves to race in front of his home crowd. However, the circuit has been less than kind to the French Canadian since his second place finish in 1996.

Villeneuve has only made it to the chequered flag three times in his Formula One™ racing career, with his second place in 1996 his only points-scoring outing.

Car trouble has played its part in preventing the French Canadian from showing well again in front of his home fans, last year a driveshaft problem took him out the race, but he has also made driver errors that prevented him reaching the finish.

In 2000 he made an over-ambitious move on David Coulthard in the closing stages of the race that saw him shoot past the Scot and spear into the side of Ralf Schumacher, who had been running in front of Coulthard, to take both his BAR and the Williams driver out the race.

However, this year he is hoping for success as BAR remain the only team yet to feature in either FIA Formula One World Championship™ rankings.

"I always enjoy my home Grand Prix so I'm looking forward to the weekend," he said in a press release. "This is a good track to race on. Not so much to qualify on, because it's not very interesting, but for racing there are a lot of overtaking opportunities. Montreal is one of my favourite towns and I love the people. It's great to be back home again!"

So far his best finish this year has been seventh place in the San Marino and Spanish GPs.
It is a dream of mine to see this race. Perhaps one day when I retire.:rolleyes:I hope that JV does well. A single point would be good enough:(

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking Shumacher.:mad: Can't someone else win for a change.

Fcuking Villenueve. Can't he finish the Canadian Grand Prix for a change.:mad:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A slap on the wrist.

(Jun 12) tsn.ca - A German motorsport magazine says Michael Schumacher will be stripped of his controversial victory at the Austrian Grand Prix last month.

Auto, Motor und Sport quotes unnamed sources within FIA who say Ferrari teammate Rubens Barrichello will be awarded the win while Schumacher will be placed second.

A spokesperson for Schumacher would not comment on the report.

A FIA official denied the magazine report, telling the German sports agency SID that no one from the governing sports body knows the outcome of a meeting to be held June 26 to discuss the incidents surrounding the Austrian Grand Prix.

"It's hard to say what will happen, but it's impossible to make statements like that today."

Observers believe Ferrari will likely be punished for their antics on the victory podium rather than the last lap incident which saw Barrichello ordered to let Schumacher pass him for the win.

The use of team orders is not forbidden in Formula One and Ferrari have said they would not rule out the tactic in order to maximize Schumacher's chances of winning the world championship.
I hope he does get stripped of the win and placed second. In the eyes of everyone that watched, that is where he finished. It's just too bad that Barrichello won't be able to hear his National Anthem, and spray the champagne on the podium.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Austrian joke continues.

The Ferrari Formula One racing team has been fined $1-million US for their actions last month at the Austrian Grand Prix.

The World Motor Sport Council levied the fine following a meeting on Wednesday, saying half the money was to be paid immediately while the rest would be suspended for one year unless a similar incident occurs.

Ferrari created a firestorm on the final lap of the race when leader Rubens Barrichello was asked to move aside and allow teammate Michael Schumacher to win the race in order to solidify his lead atop the world drivers standings.

At the podium ceremonies, an embarassed Schumacher pushed his teammate to the top of the podium which is usually reserved for the winner of the race.

The Council said while it deplored the team orders decision, it could not sanction either driver because they were "contractually bound to execute orders given by the team".

"The Council also recognized the long-standing and traditional right of a team to decree the finishing order of its drivers in what it believes to be the best interest of its attempt to win both world championships," read the statement. "In the circumstances, the Council decided, with some reluctance, that it could take no action over the team orders given by Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro at the Austrian Grand Prix."

However, the Council reacted angrily to the podium and trophy presentation, noting that Schumacher accepted the trophy for first place from the second tier and immediately handed the award to Barrichello without acknowledging the Austrian Chancellor, who was making the presentation.

"It is the duty of each team to ensure that its contracted drivers observe the podium procedures and do not in any way embarrass the national authorities of the country where a grand prix takes place," declared the Council.
Not even a slap on the wrist really. F1 is quickly becoming a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts