Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA FIXA

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am thinking there is a betting opportunity for the FIFA presidency vote coming up.

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...er-hits-back-at-figo-s-dictator-claims-052615

It seems like a sham vote, though. Blatter promises to keep waxing palms and preventing the truth of corruption from getting out that would sink many of the local soccer groups. Kind of like the financial Crisis/mortgage BS meets The Ministry of Magic.

I suppose if the US can vote in a black man, and then look have a woman in charge, maybe it is possible to get Blatter the F out. But, with a dude called Ali PeanutblatterSandwhiches Hussein?

The politics behind this must be dizzying otherwise I have would have to imagine Platini would have gone for it.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, it doesn't look good.

The 2 candidates are an accused dictator and a prince.

No sense of entitlement could possibly be accused of either :rolleyes:

And the Fair Play award goes to?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Timing is everything. Does this change the odds, Regs?

Ala PeanutblatterSandwhich for Prez!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots of Concacaf implications here... speculation is out there that the USSF is out for blood.

The other good thing to come out of all this would be exposure of how the US can apply their laws to foreigners if they use any service tied to the USA - like a bank or even Internet service :eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't have time for this today, can someone get EA Sports to run a complete season and let me know the outcome of all of this?

TIA.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, it seems it was the American, Chuck Glazer who wore the wire. i am sure Figo is laughing away.

So question is now, if you are voting on Friday and were previously going to put Blatter's name down, do you still? If you were on the take, I have to imagine your alibi is that you did not vote for him (while shredding ACH money transfers to your wife's offshore account). Even if you are not on the take (Canada and US?), do you want to be known for voting for Blatter at this point?

This is teeing up the storyline for the sequel to United Passions. Who doesn't love dirty laundry?

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantastic news. After the way FIFA's Board mishandled/subverted the corruption inquiry earlier this year, its great to see the US Attorney General step up and lay charges of corruption.

There may be a couple honest people within FIFA, but the FIFA corruption scandal taints them all publicly. The only innocents are the people who publicly demanded change or those who acted as whistleblowers giving inside information to the police. Everyone else who has been involved in FIFA, including a couple of people from BC who have been involved in FIFA through their election to the CSA Board have been put under a cloud of suspicion by their FIFA colleagues. Hopefully our BC friends were whistleblowers.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can mtkb (he is the only lawyer here, I think) explain how USA can have any jurisdiction in this case. It does not make any sense that apparently foreigners are being extradited to USA because of this case. On what base/authority? Has crime been committed on USA soil?
Do not get me wrong - I cannot wait to see those bastards being charged and hopefully ending up in a jail but what USA has with this case!? If Americans were involved, yes, of course, but it looks that foreigners are being charged too (I heard even extradited to USA; not sure if that is true).

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CONCACAF has offices in New York and Miami, and from the US Attorney-General's press conference this morning, they have charges going back to the US World Cup in 94. Will the US be able to enforce any of these charges or make them stick? Anybody's guess, but the Swiss police also arrested people connected to this.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can mtkb (he is the only lawyer here, I think) explain how USA can have any jurisdiction in this case. It does not make any sense that apparently foreigners are being extradited to USA because of this case. On what base/authority? Has crime been committed on USA soil?
Do not get me wrong - I cannot wait to see those bastards being charged and hopefully ending up in a jail but what USA has with this case!? If Americans were involved, yes, of course, but it looks that foreigners are being charged too (I heard even extradited to USA; not sure if that is true).

not a lawyer but ......

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/chuck-blazer-fifa-trump-tower-cats

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I always get Chuck Blazer and Malcolm Glazer mixed up.

Throw them both in jail is what I say :)

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently CONCACAF is registered as a non-profit organization in Nassau, Bahamas with the Headquarters in George Town, Cayman Islands and offices in Miami, New York, and Guatemala City (info from Wikipedia).

Glazer is an American so IRS can certainly go after him for not reporting $15 mil and tax evasion (based on that article he is cooperating with Department of Justice). I can only assume that for non-Americans involved in this case that they will be "reported" to their own countries.

No matter what, it is nice to see those greedy bastards finally sweating.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0