Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA Womens World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Complete brain fart. Don't believe there was a fix involved, because she put on a pretty convincing "oh shite!" face right afterward.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada were finally exposed for what we were this tournament, poor. Sesselemen, Tancredi, Schmidt just awful, I was really hoping for the win but England capitalized on their chances and deserved the win. Tancredi had a glorious chance at the start and blew it, could have changed the way this game went but it wasn't meant to be. Winner of Germany vs USA will win this tournament.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada were finally exposed for what we were this tournament, poor. Sesselemen, Tancredi, Schmidt just awful, I was really hoping for the win but England capitalized on their chances and deserved the win. Tancredi had a glorious chance at the start and blew it, could have changed the way this game went but it wasn't meant to be. Winner of Germany vs USA will win this tournament.

Not going to lie, there were a few tears shed in our house at the final whistle. Don't worry, I'll be OK.

All you write is true, but I still kind of became a fan over this tourney Sinclair came alive in the 1st, too bad it took being behind to motivate her, but for 30 minutes, she was the class of the park.

I look forward to having my U14 Girls over near the end of summer, and re-watching this game, and highlighting the good, the bad, and the ugly. This game was quite an entertaining match, despite the result. Those girls have won my heart, may I wished they'd been able to move on...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The women did a ton for soccer here locally and all over Canada they should be proud. He best thing for North American soccer would be for the USA to win now. Go USA?!?

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
If we can't have it I'd like to see England win. It's gonna be tough but I think they have the talent.

MC12

Apr 9, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm watching a show on TSN and they are discussing the women's team. Here are two quotes that stood out:

''Sesselmann made an atrocious mistake and was shaky all tournament. Sesselmann was negotiating with the ball the way a raccoon negotiates with a garbage can. A total mess.'' (On the first English goal)

''If you want to empower women, they need to be held to the same standards as male athletes. If this was the Canadian men's hockey team, they would be crucified by the media. Sesselmann needs to be held accountable, and can't just choose to answer the positive questions. She needs to face the music, as does the coach.''

Thoughts? I cannot understand why the coach kept playing certain players (Sesselmann, Tancredi) when they played very poorly all tournament long. It was only a matter of time before Sesselmann's glaring mistakes came back to bite them in the ass. It was only a matter of time before Tancredi's lack of skill and finish in the offensive end came back to haunt them.

I can't imagine how frustrated some of the other players felt as no matter how poorly those girls played, they stayed on the field. Fleming should've been on, and any center back would've been better than Sesselmann.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Areed, Tancredi was pathetic all tournament. Belange should have been up front with a defenceman playing on D. Not that she did a bad job but could have been better utilized as a striker.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed on pretty much all accounts. Tancredi no matter how poorly she played seemed to get the nod when other options clearly would have been more effective. Belange was an actual threat in the offensive end, has pace and put in lots of dangerous crosses. Sesselmann struggled coming back from the ACL injury for sure, I understand Herdman wanting the left footed center back as it does make a difference. She made a huge mistake but for me the rest of the game she played well, lots of interceptions and good first passes. The difference was even though two defenders recovered on Sesselmanns mistake, one slipped and Bucannon put the forward under pressure, she actually got her head up and finished like a forward. I thought Mcleod was great all tourny but when you are a small keeper you have a weakness and for me that second goal is unacceptable. Straight at her but high with not overwhelming power.

We were the much better side and played very very well but our offensive players aren't good enough. We didnt bury our chances and our mistakes cost us. That's how it is in the big games. I can pin point about 5-6 different players in key moments that could have finished or made the difference and that's just as costly as Sesselmanns error. Sinclair was terrific and honestly Sinclair needed to be playing with another Sinclair because she would have buried a few of the chances she created for others. Tough loss but we showed a lot of courage the last 70 minutes of that game to lift our heads up and give everything.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If we can't have it I'd like to see England win. It's gonna be tough but I think they have the talent.

Not giving England much of a chance against Japan. They're just technically that much better. Also, I'd rather see Zee Germanzz in the final instead of that over-privileged Wombat.

I just re-watched the Canada-England game again to see if my perspective from being at the stadium would be any different - nope, Lauren Sesselmann is still concentrating more on being a model than a centre back, Tancredi is still mince, and the reffing was still atrocious. Yes, it's nice to have a natural left-footer, but not one who's so one-footed she can barely even stand on that other foot, let alone kick with it. Surely there must be a better choice in the program to play with Buchanan? Stick Sesselmann outside on the left as a sub for Chapman, but by no means have her in the middle. Her decision making is way too slow and she is too frequently caught with the ball between her ankles.

Listening to Herdman's post-game press conference, you can see why he is as popular with his players as he is. He definitely has their backs, but I'd question if maybe this also means that he's not objective enough to be critical when he should be.

MC12

Apr 9, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not giving England much of a chance against Japan. They're just technically that much better. Also, I'd rather see Zee Germanzz in the final instead of that over-privileged Wombat.

I just re-watched the Canada-England game again to see if my perspective from being at the stadium would be any different - nope, Lauren Sesselmann is still concentrating more on being a model than a centre back, Tancredi is still mince, and the reffing was still atrocious. Yes, it's nice to have a natural left-footer, but not one who's so one-footed she can barely even stand on that other foot, let alone kick with it. Surely there must be a better choice in the program to play with Buchanan? Stick Sesselmann outside on the left as a sub for Chapman, but by no means have her in the middle. Her decision making is way too slow and she is too frequently caught with the ball between her ankles.

Listening to Herdman's post-game press conference, you can see why he is as popular with his players as he is. He definitely has their backs, but I'd question if maybe this also means that he's not objective enough to be critical when he should be.

You couldn't have said it any better . And I wouldn't doubt if her eyelash extensions impaired her vision on many occasions, including the first goal. Being serious...sadly

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece I think the issue is there wasn't another center back. Yah they played moscata(sp) the third game and it didn't look good. Bucannon started on the left side of center back and was struggling and then they switched and Moscata made a few errors and always recieved it with a closed body on her right foot, those extra seconds matter building forward and against better teams.

Herdman is a players coach, he believes the most important part of the game is the mental side. Thats the side he taps into, he wants players thinking they are the best in the world. What's the use of telling reporters that Sesselmann made a huge error and that's the difference, you don't think she is sitting at home and thinking that. You lift the team up, you're already out and they have dedicated every ounce of themselves to this. They are devastated and know why they lost and it wasn't just Sesslemanns error that is an uneducated opinion, there were many key moments as I said. That was a big one for sure but Tancredi burying an even easier chance early in the game was even bigger, the second goal was garbage as was their composure in the final third all tourny.

Maybe Herdman is critical in different moments, like in the lead up, in training etc. I sure hope it isn't just rah rah. The real issue is they were ranked 8th and that's fitting. They are missing quality players and in my opinion Herdman had them playing a defensive style because he had to, they lacked offense. He had them believing but it wasn't enough. He will have to live with deciding Sesselmann was the best option and Tancredi.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantastic footage right there. Glad they enjoyed their time. As much as I would like to see the USA win for soccer in North America,all the fans who have travelled here I just cannot stand wambach. I'm not sure if my hatred for her out weighs all the positives or not but I just don't want to see the Ryan Kesler of women's soccer hold that trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts