Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA Womens World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I got to play at BC place today in a Budweiser 6v6 Tournament. This included a tour of the World Cup change rooms, and an elevator ride upstairs for lunch. In both places I found copies of this photo:

10386298_10152778821873108_1608072693975685207_n.jpg

Is someone pranking @gametime? Or is he involved in distributing these things?

gametime

Oct 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I got to play at BC place today in a Budweiser 6v6 Tournament. This included a tour of the World Cup change rooms, and an elevator ride upstairs for lunch. In both places I found copies of this photo:

10386298_10152778821873108_1608072693975685207_n.jpg

Is someone pranking @gametime? Or is he involved in distributing these things?
That's one hell of a turtleneck.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is Sesselman complaining about criticism of her mistakes and performances?
She made a huge error that cost the team a goal.
They love the limelight, when all is going well, but claim it's a " personal attack" when people criticize her for making a mistake in the game.
It's not a "personal attack" it's someone's opinion.
Was it a personal attack on Steven Gerrard when he was criticized for " the slip?"
If they want to be treat as equals, they have to learn to take the bad with the good,

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm surprised the criticism hasn't been labelled as 'bullying' yet :rolleyes:

Has Herdman been receiving the same amount of flack as Sesselman?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did Sesselman slip or trip on a ball she was trying to pass. She played with zero confidence and even great players who lose their confidence can be poor. I feel badly for her. I'm not pleased with a coach who leaves a player on the pitch when it's clear what's going on. Maybe he's to lovey dovey with them to make the tough calls?

Flipper

Jul 26, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
They showed a slow motion replay in the stadium and it looked like she took her eye off the ball as she was about to pass it. I think she was taking a look at herself on the big screen and it caused her to trip on the ball and fall over.

MC12

Apr 9, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
They showed a slow motion replay in the stadium and it looked like she took her eye off the ball as she was about to pass it. I think she was taking a look at herself on the big screen and it caused her to trip on the ball and fall over.

She did that all tournament long and it caused her to under hit passes, or hold onto the ball for too long and get stripped. And she always has the ball underneath her body and between her feet which makes it impossible to play good ball, or move the ball quickly. Not sure how such a glaring lack of technique exists at the national level.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One left foot for dead balls - check.
One right pylon for standing on whilst left foot moves - check.
Two ankles to hide ball between - check.
Endorsement cheque from Maybelline - oops...

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did Sesselman slip or trip on a ball she was trying to pass. She played with zero confidence and even great players who lose their confidence can be poor. I feel badly for her. I'm not pleased with a coach who leaves a player on the pitch when it's clear what's going on. Maybe he's to lovey dovey with them to make the tough calls?

It seems ok for the Canadian Broadcasters to criticize Amy Wambach yet it seems that Christine Sinclair is "off limits".
They said that Wambach has had a poor tournament.
Did Sinclair not have a poor tournament?
That's not a "personal attack" BTW.

Flipper

Jul 26, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
It seems ok for the Canadian Broadcasters to criticize Amy Wambach yet it seems that Christine Sinclair is "off limits".
They said that Wambach has had a poor tournament.
Did Sinclair not have a poor tournament?
That's not a "personal attack" BTW.

Totally agree, I thought Sinclair had a great first half on Saturday but she was invisible in the second half. A lot has been made about the lack of service Sinclair gets but her movement off the ball could be a lot better at times. She was flat footed a couple of times and she made life very easy for the England center back who was given the player of the game honors.

MC12

Apr 9, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally agree, I thought Sinclair had a great first half on Saturday but she was invisible in the second half. A lot has been made about the lack of service Sinclair gets but her movement off the ball could be a lot better at times. She was flat footed a couple of times and she made life very easy for the England center back who was given the player of the game honors.

I know how the Canadians train off the field and it's clear that they lack the explosiveness that all of the top teams have (actually make that most teams). Look at the average body type in all of the teams, and the players are muscular, defined, and athletic looking. Look at Canada, and they have the bodies of joggers. Little to no muscle mass. They are skinny and soft looking, or slightly larger and soft. They can run at the same pace for 90 minutes, but lack the power to create opportunities, and take over games. Sinclair is the perfect example of this.

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
thought that US just about deserved the win, but if Germany had scored the peno....which if given has to be a red.....and if the US pen was outside the area? All ifs and buts, no doubt strong teams in womens soccer but a poor game overall with very little either skill or technical ability. The ref was as good as the teams.

Flipper

Jul 26, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know how the Canadians train off the field and it's clear that they lack the explosiveness that all of the top teams have (actually make that most teams). Look at the average body type in all of the teams, and the players are muscular, defined, and athletic looking. Look at Canada, and they have the bodies of joggers. Little to no muscle mass. They are skinny and soft looking, or slightly larger and soft. They can run at the same pace for 90 minutes, but lack the power to create opportunities, and take over games. Sinclair is the perfect example of this.

I assumed the same thing regarding their fitness work because they all seem to lack explosiveness but then I watched that show that documented their prep for the world cup and it showed them doing power cleans and other explosive movements. They have a speed coach who looks like he understands sprint mechanics and energy systems. My only assumption is that it was too little too late. Most of those women grew up being trained like marathon runners.
I give them credit for their work ethic because they reached the quarters on pure will. They certainly didn't get there because of tactics or technical ability.

MC12

Apr 9, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I assumed the same thing regarding their fitness work because they all seem to lack explosiveness but then I watched that show that documented their prep for the world cup and it showed them doing power cleans and other explosive movements. They have a speed coach who looks like he understands sprint mechanics and energy systems. My only assumption is that it was too little too late. Most of those women grew up being trained like marathon runners.
I give them credit for their work ethic because they reached the quarters on pure will. They certainly didn't get there because of tactics or technical ability.

I agree, 100% of their results were based on sheer will. Their explosiveness, or lack thereof should I say, certainly did not help them. Some of them were quoted as saying that they were the fittest team in the tournament. I'm not sure what they were smoking, but I watched the majority of the games in this WC, and they looked to be the least fit team of all. Zero explosiveness, athleticism, or ability to be dynamic.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those calls by the ref were shockingly pro US. She decided a World Cup semi final with two complete misses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts