Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars Fraser Valley All Stars vs Van Whitecaps

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am please to announce that the Fraser Valley All Star program will be back for another year and we just secured our first of three high profile matches for the squad

Last season was the start of the program and this year we plan to expand and take the program up a different level.

The players who came out last year did a terrific job for us and this year we plan on playing more games together as a team.

A twenty man roster will be selected over the next few weeks and our first game against the Vancouver Whitecaps will be Tuesday March 27th. 7 pm Newton Park.

Last year TTP was a great supporter of our program and Regs, Reedie and Thomo let us promote our team on their program last year.

With the help of some great sonsors we plan on making this years team a very enjoyable time for the players and all who take part.

Good luck to the players and i hope we see the same support we did last year from our fellow TTP members.

Game on !!!!!!!!!!!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great news for the league again Coach, BUT like last year it's right before the Pakenham Cup Final. :(

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Master of the obvious...
A twenty man roster will be selected over the next few weeks and our first game against the Vancouver Whitecaps will be Tuesday March 27th. 7 pm Newton Park.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cool Coach, good job!

Last year's game was very well attended and supported. May I suggest Langley as a possible venue this season? Nice, cozy, new stadium out there to fill?

With some of the new, younger blood coming into the league, it will be cool to showcase this talent, and bring more pride back to playing in the Valley.

Once again, congrats!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
Great news for the league again Coach, BUT like last year it's right before the Pakenham Cup Final. :(

Don't worry Guiness, none of my squad will be named to the Allstar roster so it has little effect on the Pak.. ;)

Anyhow, nice to hear the Allstar squad will be back again this year. I look forward to seeing some matches

PS: Langley would be a great venue as Dude mentioned

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched a bit of the Women's National team vs. PAU U-16 boys out in SS.

Tell ya' what, that would make an amazing venue for any game. The field's grass is a bit thin but come late March it should be in absolutely incredible shape. I great grass field with amazing lighting is hard to find (p.s. a good grass field over turf anyday).

To state the obvious - the change rooms are across the street and logistically not convenient, however, it's no different than in Langley unless something has changed.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knees, when is the last time you've been to Langley? There is a 2000 seat stadium there now, you know?

Full change rooms inside the stadium. No crossing the street (assuming they'd open these up for this event, anyhow...they haven't yet for us or the Premier boys).

Grass is great, but the facility here offers a full package.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley will have the best grass pitch.
They built it right beside the stadium.
It is olympic size and built on 2 feet of sand
base. Should be open this spring.

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Knees, when is the last time you've been to Langley? There is a 2000 seat stadium there now, you know?

Full change rooms inside the stadium. No crossing the street (assuming they'd open these up for this event, anyhow...they haven't yet for us or the Premier boys).

Grass is great, but the facility here offers a full package.

You sound a tad biased don't ya' think?

First, you haven't seen the pitch so how can you comment.

Second, Turf vs. Grass, personally I will take the 1 minute drive to the pitch if it's worth it. From the fans perspective, they certainly don't care where players change, they want to see good soccer on a good field and I think most would prefer seeing it played on grass if you had the choice.

Third, we are NOT getting 2000 fans out to any game so be realistic. Langley has a great facility but for the amount of fans (500) that might attend, the new grass field would accomodate - you can watch from either the bleachers or hill side.

MilesLong

Sep 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach (or anyone else who might know the answers) ~ How and who does the all star team selections? My feelings are people from all teams feel certain players should make the all star team and some teams have more quality players than others, so how is that taken into consideration. I guess, I’m asking what are the criteria to participate on the all star team?

Not to put anything down because you always do things with 100% professionalism but I remember hearing about three matches last year. Are there any other confirmed games for the all star team for this campaign?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knees, sorry for the late reply...chalk it up to my not giving much more than one (1) shite and a half (0.5, or 1/2 for those still on Imperial) as to what you think.

Seriously though, Langley does offer a better package. Plus, if the game is anywhere near as well attended as last years was, you'll fill that stadium three quarters (0.75 or 3/4) full. The stadium is LOUD...honestly, the acoustics are fcuking great in there. 500 people in that place will sound like 2000.

As for surface, well, they played on turf last year, and nobody bitched and moaned.

I also think Langley Youth and the public will give better support to this game than most other venues, save Chilliwack.

Finally, I may come across as biased, since it is just down the road. That said, I am a man of the people, and always taking into consideration the greater good of mankind. The greater good of the FVSL DICTATES- yes, DICTATES- that this match be played in Langley...where the sun always shines.

(P.S.: LUFC will be setting up a legal beer garden behind one end zone, an opportunity for the Whitecaps to be on the receiving end of the harassment for a change.)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I probably should have checked w/ LFC before volunteering his field time, or with Keeling before volunteering him to run the beer garden, for that matter.

I'll likely be out of town.

Oh well...what's done is done.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont know how it all works with the team selection, but I nominate the dude on Pau names saunders or sanders w/e....very good player in the middle. On my fvsl allstar team he would be a starter, and i guess its hard not to go with baldwin up front.

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Knees, sorry for the late reply...chalk it up to my not giving much more than one (1) shite and a half (0.5, or 1/2 for those still on Imperial) as to what you think.

Seriously though, Langley does offer a better package. Plus, if the game is anywhere near as well attended as last years was, you'll fill that stadium three quarters (0.75 or 3/4) full. The stadium is LOUD...honestly, the acoustics are fcuking great in there. 500 people in that place will sound like 2000.

As for surface, well, they played on turf last year, and nobody bitched and moaned.

I also think Langley Youth and the public will give better support to this game than most other venues, save Chilliwack.

Finally, I may come across as biased, since it is just down the road. That said, I am a man of the people, and always taking into consideration the greater good of mankind. The greater good of the FVSL DICTATES- yes, DICTATES- that this match be played in Langley...where the sun always shines.

(P.S.: LUFC will be setting up a legal beer garden behind one end zone, an opportunity for the Whitecaps to be on the receiving end of the harassment for a change.)

I'm not complaining - why would I? We have won the last two semi final games we've played at the Langley turf.

I have come to realize that you are right and I am wrong...Langley should get the Semi finals. That way the final can be played out in PA on the better pitch.

Semi-finals = bride's maid?

spicoli man

Oct 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tim Berners-Lee said:
I dont know how it all works with the team selection, but I nominate the dude on Pau names saunders or sanders w/e....very good player in the middle. On my fvsl allstar team he would be a starter, and i guess its hard not to go with baldwin up front.

Ummm correct me if I am wrong but I thought that Baldy plays in the middle of the park ...seen a few games of theres this year and last and haven't seen him up front yet.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tim.
Saunders is a lock as is Baldwin, although neither play in the position you mentioned. :rolleyes:

I would also like to see Coach come on and give us the low down on selections. Personally, I strongley believe coaches from different teams should name the 3 best suited players from each team. Obviously they wouldn't all get selected, but nominated.
Here's my 50 cent.
Chilliwack: Wilmetts, Perry and the big kid at the back.
Langley: Patterson, Jason Jorgensen and Will.
Poco: Peters, RP and Jason McKinnon.
Lions: KP, Frampton and Mark Finan.
Delta Metro: Keeper from early in the season, big tall blond kid from early in the seaon and skinny dark shaved hair kid with gold boots.
PAU: Saunders, Lenzi and Jake the Snake.
GEU: Wide player #11, striker #16 and nobody else!!!
GN: Ravi, Sunny Uppal and Jas Mattoo
Port Moody: Honestly can't remember any of them (ill advise in 2 weeks).
Aldergrove: Kevion Coris, CJ and Baldy.

Anyone else???

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0