Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Friends of Soccer: Quebec Turban Ban Cannot Stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Quebec Soccer Federation should be absolutely embarrassed and ashamed. This is so ignorant and shocking, especially in this day in age where everything from race to gender and sexuality is supposed to be equal. Definitely glad the local leagues we play in a league doesn't have garbage like this. Shaking my head. Lets hope this gets reversed as soon as possible.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
human rights, Quebec loses...

I think... they can opt out of the equality provisions of the Charter, I believe, so if the Province itself wants to back this, things could get very interesting...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Quebec Soccer Federation should be absolutely embarrassed and ashamed. This is so ignorant and shocking, especially in this day in age where everything from race to gender and sexuality is supposed to be equal. Definitely glad the local leagues we play in a league doesn't have garbage like this. Shaking my head. Lets hope this gets reversed as soon as possible.

I look forward to a day where religion no longer exists. Nothing but problems and ridiculous issues like this. Where your turban, ill wear my Tilly hat. Join me, I don't wonder if I'm going to heaven or hell, where we all came from, nor do I feel a need to thank god first after accomplishing something( like winning a fukcing golf tournament). I just enjoy life while I'm here, no wars, no major conflict, simple really. I find it amazing that logical human beings waste their time with all this nonsense.

Kick'em

Mar 6, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
I look forward to a day where religion no longer exists. Nothing but problems and ridiculous issues like this. Where your turban, ill wear my Tilly hat. Join me, I don't wonder if I'm going to heaven or hell, where we all came from, nor do I feel a need to thank god first after accomplishing something( like winning a fukcing golf tournament). I just enjoy life while I'm here, no wars, no major conflict, simple really. I find it amazing that logical human beings waste their time with all this nonsense.

Amen

off the post

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can of worms indeed. Keep in mind that the Quebec government has also tried to institute bans against other types of religiously-based head coverings, with predictable reactions. This is not going to end quietly or well.

Bulljive's Tilly had is a fashion crime, not a religious requirement...

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should we allow the ceremonial sword to be worn on the waist as well? What about the Scottish protestants? If they demand to wear a kilt and bare arms, I am taking up curling.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Won't get into a freedom of religion debate because they messy but in response to bulljive and freddy I will say wow, just wow.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quebec does the most shocking and amazing things to "protect" Quebecois culture in Quebec, yet will act like this effectively ban baptized Sikh's from Football in the Province?

Shocking.

I'm staying out of religious debates.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Won't get into a freedom of religion debate because they messy but in response to bulljive and freddy I will say wow, just wow.

More just having a little fun then anything. I could care less what people believe and quite frankly don't want to start that debate either. As I tell my car pool mate, we are never going to convince each other to budge so lets not waste our time. I quite franky dont know what you're wowing about.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will take alot of heat for this but i think Quebec got it right... kind of.. religion should be left on the side lines. Grab an elastic and put hair in a pony tail for 90 and play some soccer..For get about your beliefs..

Religion is the biggest gang in the world when u think about it..

Infact, i would think wearing Turban on the field could cause possible discrimination. Think about it for a second.. would a turban not affect and add risk to the outcome of a player heading the ball?

Is the player crossing the ball going to avoid playing it to the fellow with the turban because it might Fcuk up the play?

Not a racist here just thinking from a different point of view

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apart from a little height on the head protection to a turban, I don't see a difference, would Cech be allowed to play in Quebec?cech.jpg

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
They don't wear full turbans on the field. They use a wrap to cover. Lot's of guys play in the VMSL and FVSL and other local leagues. They are not asking to play with a turban, but with a soft cloth covering their head which is generally skin tight so it does not move and quite small.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But Gurps, clearly from that photo he is about to roll down the front and go rob Apu. That's scary and dangerous.

#stereotypesaredeadhomer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0