Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars FVSL 2017 All Star Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL, like I said, pretty good photos!

He seems to be the FVSL / Pomo photog guy. http://www.ryansaundersphotography.com/f975435328

I like the professional "look" that the league seems to be bringing to the Premier division. I remember Mike Wagner @lfc4 started this w/ us way back in ~2004 in Langley, so I wonder if his influence on the BOD several years back sparked this. It may simply be a decision by the current league BOD to add the professional looking element. Either way, I think it's good.

All top amature leagues around here should be professionalizing their presentations, anyhow. The BCPL has, so...follow along.

Just remembered, the FVSL vs. WFC2 match is next week, and I'll be watching for results from Sayulita, and I'm sure we'll see something on the Caps site for that. Still...it'd be nice to read a write-up on the SFU game. Somewhere, by someone. @knvb - at least post some results and quick thoughts on the match.

#noonecares ?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally, I'd like to hear a social commentary from @Soccer Coach about what it means when the FVSL All Star team starting XI looks like this:

p2227225949-4.jpg

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFU looked very good on the night.
Our squad was knackered. All had played about 4 games in 8 days. Some of the guys even had a game the next morning. With all the snow and make up games this was a tough one to try and squeeze in. Glad we did though.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair, SFU is arguably the best non-professional side in the country, too.

You would never get that "result" without accepting the game in the first place. Better to accept and play than to not at all. Sounds like a schedulers nightmare. Effing snow.

How does that affect you guys for next week?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be honest, SFU are really good, but the score I think distracts from some of the good stuff we played as a group. We did have several chances but clearly nothing to show for it. As @utah will tell you, coaching (and playing for that matter) to get guys you don't really know time and get them in the right places as best as possible vs coaching and playing in a system, with a game plan are two entirely different things.

When we had the ball we looked terrific in good spells, I can say that honestly. I thought when we didn't have it though....we looked like 11 guys who had no idea what the players around him were going to do. 8 or so guys we obviously would liked to have had, bailed in the week leading up to the game. Injuries mostly. Both Epp Brothers from the Whack to a fundraiser as well… Lots of important games in short periods, not a single chance to get together as a group etc etc... excuses are like ass holes, everyone knows one.

SFU scored 2, just cracking goals, of note...one of the @djones boys, I would say the short one to describe him but the apple literally doesn't fall far from the tree in that family... picked up a careless pass around our half of the circle, dribbled a good 15 yards untouched and walloped one in off the top side of the post and in. The other was a stunning diagonal through ball to a streaking midfield player, one touch off his chest another on his foot, top corner. The 3 remaining, meh, we didn't clear our line when balls where knocked in, lost a runner or some such. Poor on our part, not a question.

For the FVSL Jon Craig (Westcoast) had really solid game as our (literally) lone striker on the day, Hildy Jr (Aldergrove) got himself about well, but we had to stick him out of position for most of his time. Niko Marcina (SU) had some good productive play in spells in the second half. Tony Van De Vendel (Pomo Rangers) was likely out best player on the night playing right back and center back when needed.

You just get so excited for the players... we're trying to give them every opportunity to be rewarded as our 'recognized best players', But it's about the experience too as much as anything. From the comments and thank you's around the cooler I know the majority appreciated it. We're super excited as a group for WC2 game and will for sure be having a needed session or two this time before to we play. We lost a close 2-0 last year with the second coming in the 91st.

Played: C. Almod (Westcoast) S. Barling (LUSA) K Comeau (P. Gunners) J. Craig (Westcoast) S. Gaffney (Aldergrove) C. Hildebrant (Aldergrove) F. Gard (cheese eating grin P. Rangers) M. Hof (GK - P. Rangers) R. Hyms (P. Rangers) Nuno Jesus (GK Aldergrove) T. Leonard (P. Gunners) N. Marcina (Surrey United FF) G. Thompson (Westcoast) A. Van De Vendel (P.Rangers) 3 players from Aldergrve Filled in to help last minute. I didn’t get their names. Coach - @utah Tape Guy KNVB, Manager Mills, Favelle

12 absent

Last edited:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to hear that Jon Craig, the wily veteran, is still going strong.
He's a great target man.

The good part Daft Dutchy is they'll have had a chance to gel a bit now before the game against WFC2.

I take it any SFU lads named to the All Stars played for SFU instead of the FVSL - Yes?
Will they be available now for the WFC2 match along with any other notable exceptions ?

Nice work bud

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Rangerforever - Correct, they did. Jeff Cadman, Mike North, and Riley Pang (stud) Should they be free they can play to the best of my knowledge. @gametime is still milking a hang nail though, as a side note.

SFU in what-ever form we faced are really good, I don't want the above to understate that. Be it we played a mixed bag, starters, or any combination...they're really good.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh its a hang nail.
Rumour on the street was pulled clitoris. ;)

RF Jr. quite enjoyed having the privilege of Jeffrey playing in front of him for years.
He and Marcello turned out to be real quality players from his team along with the rest of the locals on that SFU squad.

Looking forward to it next Weds.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Rangerforever - Correct, they did. Jeff Cadman, Mike North, and Riley Pang (stud) Should they be free they can play to the best of my knowledge. @gametime is still milking a hang nail though, as a side note.

SFU in what-ever form we faced are really good, I don't want the above to understate that. Be it we played a mixed bag, starters, or any combination...they're really good.

Hey man... all things considered i cant imagine it was easy to keep this fixture a float. Probably spent countless hours of your own time making sure it happened.

Well done and Thanks @knvb.

We're all muppets!

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally, I'd like to hear a social commentary from @Soccer Coach about what it means when the FVSL All Star team starting XI looks like this:

p2227225949-4.jpg

Thank you, but I will pass.
I will let the TTP pundits to comment on it.
I am not familiar with the demographics of the Fraser Valley.
From looking at the picture these are some possible explanations:
a) There are no Indo-Canadians, Asian-Canadians, and Afro-Canadians on the Fraser Valley.
b) There is people from those backgrounds, but they do not play soccer.
c) There are soccer players from the above backgrounds on the FVSL, but they are not good enough to be on the All-Star FVSL team.

I really do not know. I would be curious to see the answer from those familiar with the FVSL.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
...by the way... can someone explain to me why there are no Chinese Canadians or Indo-Canadians in Canada's Men National Team?

I mean India's FIFA ranking is like 130, but Japan, Korea, and China FIFA rankings are way above Canada, so it not like there is a problem with genetics and soccer ability.

seriously, why we do not have Asian Canadians in the National Team? Please explain.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
...by the way... can someone explain to me why there are no Chinese Canadians or Indo-Canadians in Canada's Men National Team?

I mean India's FIFA ranking is like 130, but Japan, Korea, and China FIFA rankings are way above Canada, so it not like there is a problem with genetics and soccer ability.

seriously, why we do not have Asian Canadians in the National Team? Please explain.
Apart from the obvious fact that we're a racist country and don't deal well with immigrants or those different than us, maybe none of them are good enough to make the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0