Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars FVSL 2017 All Star Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
...by the way... can someone explain to me why there are no Chinese Canadians or Indo-Canadians in Canada's Men National Team?

I mean India's FIFA ranking is like 130, but Japan, Korea, and China FIFA rankings are way above Canada, so it not like there is a problem with genetics and soccer ability.

seriously, why we do not have Asian Canadians in the National Team? Please explain.

You are overlooking Issey Nakajima-Farran

http://canadasoccer.com/?t=profile&pid=2322

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't you have a 10 page argument with @Dude last year specifically on the demographics of the Fraser Valley?

I think you called them "rural" :bronco:
From the Fraser Basin Council:
"The economy of the Fraser Valley is founded on agriculture and forestry, and the region is recognized for its prime farmlands and food production."

Is not this the definition of rural?

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess there is no Asians and no Indo-Canadians in the FVSL. Got to be it unless Thomas Mills chose the team

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doesn't UBC beat them every year?

In the soccer version of Shrum Bowl, I think it's kinda a wash over the years, no? On that one, it's tough to say currently, as they never meet in a "all the marbles" type match. My take, SFU is 1a, UBC 1b, and behind UBC, a lot of very good Canadian programs.

Right now, I'd be shocked if there is a better University team in Canada- at the moment- than SFU. Not discounting CIS, I actually rate it very high, I just think SFU is currently onto something special. On one hand, there are a hell of a lot of registered players in Canada vying for spots on CIS squads, whereas in the US, there is actually a smaller ratio of players / school (that easy math, but most are surprised to find out how damn competitive it is to land a spot on a CIS squad).

On the other hand, SFU plays in a league where the schools have big money, big budgets, and a hell of a lot of them.

I don't know if NCAA II is that much a higher standard- if at all- than CIS, but the sheer amount of teams SFU needs to go through to get to the quarters or Semis is crazy. @djones - you seem to have a pretty good handle on the competitiveness between CIS and NCAA II (or I, for that matter), comments?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

You just get so excited for the players... we're trying to give them every opportunity to be rewarded as our 'recognized best players', But it's about the experience too as much as anything. From the comments and thank you's around the cooler I know the majority appreciated it. We're super excited as a group for WC2 game and will for sure be having a needed session or two this time before to we play. We lost a close 2-0 last year with the second coming in the 91st.
Nice write-up, very honest, and I think some people like @Soccer Coach could learn from the honesty.

The quote above is what I like best. Never mind anything else going on out there right now, the fact that the FVSL is intent on making a real opportunity of this for it's players, and not wasting it w/ a meaningless "all star" line-up, is great. I think for these players to want to be involved, they NEED a great reason...and showcasing yourself in front of programs like SFU, and WFC, is a great opportunity for some of these young guys. To be an older player on the squad, playing in his post-university career, and likely into his family and career, it must be very fulfilling to play on the squad and essentially be a wing-man for these young studs that are playing to get noticed.

So, well done to you and your large, round friend. This is definitely looking like a good program to be involved in.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@knvb & @utah, how do your numbers and build-up to the WFC2 match look? Able to get the boys together for a session or two to work on systems?

BTW, you are still a cnut, KNVB. Fcuk off.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess there is no Asians and no Indo-Canadians in the FVSL. Got to be it unless Thomas Mills chose the team
You're like a kid with a crush pulling on pony tails until she notices you... FFS, build a wall and climb over it man.

@Dude, we're having one session Monday, its all we have time for. Working on any 'systems' per say may be a stretch before the game but a laying out a game plan is on the agenda.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...about all you can do. They'll be trialing new, young players as well. Hopefully there will be some balancing out, and some of your veteran presence will be an asset. I think you should strongly consider calling up Murray Howes for this. He may be 50, but his elbows are just as sharp as ever.

Smilie emoticom. imakemyselflaugh emoticom.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Rangerforever - Correct, they did. Jeff Cadman, Mike North, and Riley Pang (stud) Should they be free they can play to the best of my knowledge. @gametime is still milking a hang nail though, as a side note.

SFU in what-ever form we faced are really good, I don't want the above to understate that. Be it we played a mixed bag, starters, or any combination...they're really good.

Been fortunate enough at my 'old age' to play with such youth as Jeff Cadman and Riley Pang. Obviously completely different players but both absolute quality individually and more importantly as teammates.

KS9

Nov 21, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Apple doesn't fall from the tree. Yikes!
Nice write-up, very honest, and I think some people like @Soccer Coach could learn from the honesty.

The quote above is what I like best. Never mind anything else going on out there right now, the fact that the FVSL is intent on making a real opportunity of this for it's players, and not wasting it w/ a meaningless "all star" line-up, is great. I think for these players to want to be involved, they NEED a great reason...and showcasing yourself in front of programs like SFU, and WFC, is a great opportunity for some of these young guys. To be an older player on the squad, playing in his post-university career, and likely into his family and career, it must be very fulfilling to play on the squad and essentially be a wing-man for these young studs that are playing to get noticed.

So, well done to you and your large, round friend. This is definitely looking like a good program to be involved in.
In the soccer version of Shrum Bowl, I think it's kinda a wash over the years, no? On that one, it's tough to say currently, as they never meet in a "all the marbles" type match. My take, SFU is 1a, UBC 1b, and behind UBC, a lot of very good Canadian programs.

Right now, I'd be shocked if there is a better University team in Canada- at the moment- than SFU. Not discounting CIS, I actually rate it very high, I just think SFU is currently onto something special. On one hand, there are a hell of a lot of registered players in Canada vying for spots on CIS squads, whereas in the US, there is actually a smaller ratio of players / school (that easy math, but most are surprised to find out how damn competitive it is to land a spot on a CIS squad).

On the other hand, SFU plays in a league where the schools have big money, big budgets, and a hell of a lot of them.

I don't know if NCAA II is that much a higher standard- if at all- than CIS, but the sheer amount of teams SFU needs to go through to get to the quarters or Semis is crazy. @djones - you seem to have a pretty good handle on the competitiveness between CIS and NCAA II (or I, for that matter), comments?
SFU is a good team but slightly behind UBC, and I have watched about 5 games between them in last three years and they have not even scored a goal on UBC. NCAA Div 2 is not higher than CIS. For all those who are interested there is a exhibition match between SFU and UBC March 24, 7 PM at SFU. In exhibition matches UBC easily beats the likes of University of Western Washington Div 2 and barely loses to University of Washington and University of Seattle Div 1 schools. Check on their respective website for results.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Went out and watched the game tonight against the Caps2, ending with FV winning 3-2. FV came from behind twice to pull off the upset.
Lots of solid performances from the FV boys, but I thought Hildy, Scott B, and #8 (don't know his name) were fantastic in the middle tonight, along with the left back (#13) also had a solid game. Goals came from Cole A, own goal blunder from the keeper, and Sean E hammered home a quality strike for the Valley. Glorie A, and Marco Bustos scored for the caps I believe.
A great result for the Valley boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0