Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] November '08 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back from my 2 day hangover, have to say we bottled another game we could have won. Gifted them 2 goals in the first 10, like rookie7 said, then proceeded to miss chance after chance. Can't understand this referring decision, and it happened twice. Defender tried to clear a ball in the box, kicks it in to his hand, ball drops back to his feet and he clears it. Obvious handball PK. Ref goes, he didn't mean to do it so I'm not going to call it? WTF. That happened to us twice, and it would have been nice for Dewdney to return the favour for the gifts we gave them :) On to the Dynamo this weekend, hopefully them not playing has taken the momentum of 2 straight wins away :D

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't count on it... our team never lost any momentum after our bye...

And you guys are going to have to make a move if you don't want to get relegated...

Is there such a thing as momentum in Div. 1 rec soccer? I guess it's like the advantage you get from the home crowd. Bye's don't kill momentum, they let us older gents heal their aches and pains and come out fresh.

stoned wall

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there such a thing as momentum in Div. 1 rec soccer? I guess it's like the advantage you get from the home crowd. Bye's don't kill momentum, they let us older gents heal their aches and pains and come out fresh.

If you think there is no such thing as home field advantage wait until you have to play a 6:30pm Sunday game in Mission. You may change your mind.

lostmytouch

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you think there is no such thing as home field advantage wait until you have to play a 6:30pm Sunday game in Mission. You may change your mind.

We plan in bringing flashlights so that will be able to see. You would think mission would be able to get their sh$t together and get organized.

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

You're right, playing on a muddy grass field with no lines in the dark might take some getting used to.

On another note, looks like we are back in the top 5 with a couple games in hand. This division has only one standout. Every other spot is up for grabs. I'm going to have to sit out this week after POCO's keeper took out my ankle, but hopefully I'll be back for the Ranger's game the next week. That could be a battle for second place.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
our field isn't that bad, we have to play on it too?? its not like we practice on it, its just most teams are used to turf and can't deal with grass

Italia07

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree...their would be alot less injuries if we could play all games on grass but we would only play 8-10 games a year with our weather conditions

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
PM Gunners-1 Alder. Warriors-0

Aldergrove missed 3 breakaways and an open net in the first half. If you want to beat a team as good as PM, then you have to finish, because they only give up so many chances. Pretty sure the PM coach let his boys have it at halftime, because they came out 2nd half on a mission. Cracked down on D, and scored the controversial winner with 10 mins left. PM player had 2 headers while giving 2 elbows to the head in 3 mins. The last one resulted in the headed goal off a cross, as our centerback lays there with an exploded nose. Of course no call, but how could the ref call it when he was standing 15 yards outside the box? No idea about positioning. Not saying PM was being dirty on purpose, but that had to be called. Course the ref didn't make aldergrove miss breakaways. Watch out for PM, those kids can really play, but they definitely need to patch up a couple holes if they want to go undefeated. Well done Gunners.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On another note, looks like we are back in the top 5 with a couple games in hand. This division has only one standout. Every other spot is up for grabs.

I agree mostly. It looks pretty toight for the top 10 anyways. Obviously Moody is the favorite right now with some big games to play, one in particular. The battle for the top 3 spots should be really interesting. There does look to be a potential gap developing after the top 10. I am sure there will be some teams from the bottom half finish strongly but the top 10 are seperated if you consider the games in hand.

Surprises that aren't really surprises:

Delta - exposed
Sporting - exposed
Both had a nice run of luck last year but it has run out.

Both Peace Arch Teams have made a nice start to the year as has TWU. We haven't played Peace Arch United but the Selects beat us as did TWU. I think TWU is the biggest surprise. I didn't think they were very good and doubt they can finish in the top 3. Peace Arch Selects beat us and will be tough for most but their season will be decided by their results against Moody and the Rangers. (As will ours, Dewdney United's)

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surprises that aren't really surprises:

Delta - exposed
Sporting - exposed
Both had a nice run of luck last year but it has run out.

I think we (sporting) have gotten away from what made us successful last year, our hard work and grit, mixed in with some skill, and an incredible goalie. This year we've added more skill, but have lost some of that grit and our goalie! I think we've had a chance to win/tie every game this year, but have obvisouly not converted our chances or have made some horrible errors in our own end. Hopefully we can figure things out in the second half of the season and finish strongly.

Last year, we got the bounces, got some fortunate calls and things went our way, we somehow found a way to win/tie games that we probably didn't deserve. This year, the bounces are staying out, the calls are not always in our favor and we're finding different ways to lose. Obviously frustrating, to say the least, but I know we'll re-group and come out stronger to finish the season.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year, we got the bounces, got some fortunate calls and things went our way, we somehow found a way to win/tie games that we probably didn't deserve. This year, the bounces are staying out, the calls are not always in our favor and we're finding different ways to lose. Obviously frustrating, to say the least, but I know we'll re-group and come out stronger to finish the season.

Wait, are you sure you're not writing about our season?

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we (sporting) have gotten away from what made us successful last year, our hard work and grit, mixed in with some skill, and an incredible goalie. This year we've added more skill, but have lost some of that grit and our goalie!......... Last year, we got the bounces, got some fortunate calls and things went our way, we somehow found a way to win/tie games that we probably didn't deserve. This year, the bounces are staying out, the calls are not always in our favor and we're finding different ways to lose. .

That is a a lot of typing to say that you were an average team with 'an incredible goalie'. This year you are exposed as simply average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts