Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Results & BBQ updates Summer & OffSeason 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Mighty Rangers are going to give you boys one hell of a wake up call in two weeks, hope you boys had lots of rest over the summer.

Talking to me? I havent heard anything about a game, and yes a lot of rest.. You play for the over 35 squad, dont you?? We didnt have much trouble with the young Rangers, dont see us having much trouble with the old ones either;)

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I know our coaches would have a tough time not being able to sub 600 times a game :eek: But it would make you have to prepare better, and for teams that do want to make the jump from D1 to Premier, they'd be more accustomed to it (and hopefully it would make them more competitive when they get there).

Do you really think it would make teams better prepared? I dont..
The linesman at every game should be implemented, at least in Div 1 and up and u-21, but who will pay?? Do premier teams pay more league fees?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you really think it would make teams better prepared? I dont..
The linesman at every game should be implemented, at least in Div 1 and up and u-21, but who will pay?? Do premier teams pay more league fees?

As a player I could cough up the extra 50 cents a game to have linesmen. It's really not that big a deal.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that's an excellent idea, as it would also help in grooming some younger refs, to help them get ready for the glory of the men's game.

Seriously though, I think that is a great idea. Two little changes that are very good steps forward in the evolution and improvement of our league.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really?

Unlimited subs is a nice thing to have available. Some coaches leave their guys in for the full 90 and only make a few subs and the guys that come out don't go back in. However, some teams (like someone previously mentioned) have many many guys signed, or they get call ups from B Form teams and then if too many guys show up their arses rot on the bench...

I would definitely support a limit on subs for Premier, but Div 1?

I guess you have to do to D1 what you do to Prem because both Divisions are on A form and compete in the Pak together.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We'll be holding tryouts next Thursday, the 14th at Newton Turf, from 8:30 to 10:30. We're looking to add a couple D and mids, and maybe a striker. PM me if you want more information.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that's an excellent idea, as it would also help in grooming some younger refs, to help them get ready for the glory of the men's game.

ive asked before about using jnr ref's to run the line and the answer i got was they dont want the young guys exposed to the abuse they will get when they make a bad call

i can see both sides of this they need to know how important their job is and and how competative it is in mens leagues but some guys do go over the top with their complaints and if i had a 15 / 16 yr old son im not sure i would want him to run the line in a mens game for that reason

i think it should be done and the ref has to control the players and give out STIFF penaltys for any one abusing a jnr official we do need to keep young refs in the game and some of the older guys that we all complain about can then hang their boots up

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just checked the FVSL site, and for 2008-09 announcements their was an increase in referree fees for Premier (for linesmen) but not for D1. I assume that means we're not getting linesmen for our games this year.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just checked the FVSL site, and for 2008-09 announcements their was an increase in referree fees for Premier (for linesmen) but not for D1. I assume that means we're not getting linesmen for our games this year.

there is an increase in ref fee's for all leagues to $60 ($30 each ) but your right no linesmen for div 1 but you will get them in the pak cup even if two div 1 teams play each other
im sure when they can guarentee linesmen in all div 1 games then you will get them ..... right now not enough officials to go arround

the only thing teams can do to help is not make it an hostile enviroment and more young guys will stick arround think about it no ref's no game now that would be sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0