Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 FVSL Div. 1: week 12 MOTW

Week 12 MOTW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Onward…

The top half of the Div. 1 table is starting to paint a very interesting picture.

The Rangers did exactly what they needed to this weekend after two tough losses…namely, get back to the business of banking 3 points. The Highlanders / Rangers match this weekend holds a lot of history, but many of the key players from those past great matches have moved on. Still…the Highlanders are a very hard working squad, and will be a great match to the Rangers. Looking like one of those games that will be shite to watch, but a blast to play in...full of hard tackles, and blood & guts effort. Thinking a 1-1 tie here.

The Gunners continue to run an undefeated season…same old-same-old for them. Hate to say it, but this coming weekend at Stolo won’t be the one where the Gs drop 3- or even 1. May end in double digits to nil for Gunners. If they are smart, they will pull in the reigns at 5-0, play keep-away, and get themselves off the reserve w/ no hurt feelings. Not MOTW material, but worth pointing out.

The newly athletic LUFC Athletics draw the Strikers, Saturday night lights at Willoughby. Which Strikers squad will show up? The one that tied TWU and beat the Rangers, or the one that laid down for a converted TD vs. the Caps? A Jimmy Lamont squad is always fit, and always plays a hard, tough game. We look to earn another positive result, and expect will be prepared to battle. If anything, a fun one is in store…one old bastard will be looking to get into the match, maybe just to kick one horse by way of Italy.

The single most compelling match of the week is the Caps vs. Dynamo.

Caps have been all the talk this season in the FVSL. They even travel w/ their own ref. Tongue in cheek, but has anyone seen this fellow officiate any other match this year. Someone call Michael Moore. Seriously, I found him to be quite good, and decisive. I did not find him to be overly sensitive to the fact that the Caps are essentially teenagers playing in a men’s league. He allowed the clean-but-hard tackles to play out. He blew down most of the questionable stuff. If the Dynamo keep their mouths shut and just play their game, they can get a result. And if they do…look out boys, because the Dynamo have been laying low, and getting results. They have the talent and depth to do the same thing they did last year, namely run the table in the second half. Plus, they have more games in hand than anyone, and are in a much more dangerous spot in the standings than this time last season. Sub: heed the Puma warning. 5’3, ~43, platinum blond, perky life preservers, lots of collagen. She seems to like opposing keepers, and Roman is easy on they eyes. Best to send Johnny K over at some point to flash his brilliant chiclets, give a wave of those long brown locks, and invite her to the bagel shop for a little smoke salmon spread w/ capers. Lure her w/ Grand Marnier and prescription pharmaceuticals. And Johnny…if you the Puma bites the bait, hit Dude on your speed dial. I’d love to take another run at her. I know she was playing hard to get when she told me: “Fcuk off, asshole…of course I won’t give you my number!”

Rebecca Demornay - Google Images

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
agreed Dude...

They knocked off Tee-Dub this week and took them out of the running towards becoming a top 3 team...and Subby's boys have their own fair share of Young Bucks that are hard to catch along with some veteran plugs that play hard no nonsense footy for 90.

Here's hoping the weather stays foul and the Dynamo can win another 3 points off a top team.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, and the Dynamo will need every advantage they can get (as we did). Some foul sleet / snow and freezing wind will play in well to the Dynamo's hand.

Over the existence of the Dynamo, the one thing that I've learned is you simply can't underestimate them. I still say they are the hardest working crew in the division.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Post Dude. My earlier post about the Atheltics win over Whitecaps was not a knock on you or the Atheltics at all, I was just confused about who exactly this Whitecaps team is? I mean were do these 5,6,7,or 8 nil wins come from? Is it a situation were teams have a bad first half and go down 3 early and just pack it in mentally, and then give up 3 more goals? Or should all us who still have to play the Caps just look at them as a team that is young, well organized, and who have three fukin losses?
We will play our game, and hopefully play it well for 90, and then at the end see were we stand.

Also, after this coming weekend the Mooty Gunners will have a more challenging schedule, so can they stay undeafeated? Hopefully not again. Looking at Div. 2a, another Mooty team is coming to Div 1 next year too, so if this year's div 1 team doesn't get promoted to Premier that would sure throw a wrench in their "what team am I playing for this weekend" system.

Game of the week? Have to go Dynamo vs. Caps: best defensive record vs. best offensive record, but we'll see how we tally after Sunday. But, if Dude is right maybe we can pull them down the standings.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
What if the Gunners just Surrey Rangers their promotion? :D Right now our clubs in line for promotion to super league, prem, and div 1... we'll see where we are at the end of the season and what we want to do. Still we have to be pretty happy with where we are midpoint in the season..

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

Best post you've had in awhile. Did you get a haircut or something?

Looks like the Athletic AND Dynamo benefit from you going O-35!

Let's see if the Dynamo coach learned from his clubmate and changes the formation from the get-go against the Caps.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know how the Dynamo benefited, considering it was a Master on permit (that guy w/ great hair) that scored the one and only goal in the LUFC / LUFC darby to hand deliver an Athletic victory.

Had that one loyal and handsome Master not dressed that day, who's to say the result would have been the same?

BTW: that was the Athletics 1st win of their season, and have done nothing but win since. Seem to recall that spirits were quite down at that point, and the lads were dying to break through and get a win, but didn't have the confidence in themselves to get there.

Seems to me I'm the leading candidate for Athletics MVP this season. I wish I had longer arms to pat myself on the back, but what I really need is a cape.

~ITM.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Post Dude. My earlier post about the Atheltics win over Whitecaps was not a knock on you or the Atheltics at all, I was just confused about who exactly this Whitecaps team is? I mean were do these 5,6,7,or 8 nil wins come from? Is it a situation were teams have a bad first half and go down 3 early and just pack it in mentally, and then give up 3 more goals? Or should all us who still have to play the Caps just look at them as a team that is young, well organized, and who have three fukin losses?
We will play our game, and hopefully play it well for 90, and then at the end see were we stand.

Who they are? One helluva team is what.

W/ us, I can tell you quite honestly we were hanging on for dear life all through the 1st half. No, not like the Rangers where we were quite comfortable to let them come at us for the 1st 20, knowing the pace would slow. Theirs didn't, and it was a fair notch or three higher.

Literally, at half, Rob was going through the adjustments he'd make. At this point, our sweeper- still catching his breath, said, "You know, we are really, really, really trying hard out there. Honestly." He had no other explanation. This is when Rob simply stated, "Well, time to dig deep and find another gear".

And that- along w/ a bit of a formation change to free up some more attack- made the big difference. Plus our keeper (Colton) was out-stand-ing in the 1st half. Roman will need to be, too.

I think the secret w/ them is simply hanging in there, and finding a way to get comfortable w/ their pace. Most div. 1 teams won't be able to (hell, I can't), thus the poundings and inconsistent scores. They will destroy teams that we'll only beat 3-1 or so. That said, if you can find a way to manage their pace, and keep them outside, you may find opportunities await late in the game for experience, ball movement, and power to take a game over.

Good luck.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The newly athletic LUFC Athletics draw the Strikers, Saturday night lights at Willoughby. Which Strikers squad will show up? The one that tied TWU and beat the Rangers, or the one that laid down for a converted TD vs. the Caps? A Jimmy Lamont squad is always fit, and always plays a hard, tough game. We look to earn another positive result, and expect will be prepared to battle. If anything, a fun one is in store…one old bastard will be looking to get into the match, maybe just to kick one horse by way of Italy.

You better hope you don't get on the field. Jimmy's been giving me extra practice at kicking people this week so I'll be prepared for you :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it were actually Jimmy getting on the pitch and doing the kicking, I'd be worried. An Italian- any Italian...not so much.

Even you, #7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0