Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL] Div 2 2016/2017 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's easy to judge them for not wanting to go up, but I kind of understand why they never do. Most of their team has already won Pak cups, played at the top level, and competed in A provincials. They're for the most part playing their last few years before I assume they jump to Masters? What's the point in moving up to div 1 when there's already two Langley teams there, or to Prem where they already have a successful team? Totally different from Westcoast last year who were young and have a chance at becoming the top Westcoast team in the future.

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's easy to judge them for not wanting to go up, but I kind of understand why they never do. Most of their team has already won Pak cups, played at the top level, and competed in A provincials. They're for the most part playing their last few years before I assume they jump to Masters? What's the point in moving up to div 1 when there's already two Langley teams there, or to Prem where they already have a successful team? Totally different from Westcoast last year who were young and have a chance at becoming the top Westcoast team in the future.

Agreed. We always have good battles with Sparta and I don't feel they are 'out of reach' for Div 2. And it's not like they have been walking away with the Provincial B cup year after year either.

Dynamo is in a similar boat. We have 9 masters eligible players next year. We'd take promotion if we were to earn it, but at this point we are just playing for the beers.

BoldTurkey

Feb 19, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed. We always have good battles with Sparta and I don't feel they are 'out of reach' for Div 2. And it's not like they have been walking away with the Provincial B cup year after year either.

Dynamo is in a similar boat. We have 9 masters eligible players next year. We'd take promotion if we were to earn it, but at this point we are just playing for the beers.
9, yet @peg leg will find a way to sign to a Div 2 or 3 team.

G-fence

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Negotiations? Sounds like match fixing...

I think the Red Devils are going to smash Dynamo. Maybe you guys rest some guys for provincials, can't afford any injuries to those tired old peg legs!!

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or R-Tee needing just one more league appearance to become the most capped FVSL div. 2 midfielder ever. Should at least win a bucket of apples at the award ceremony for that

Casual

Nov 21, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or R-Tee needing just one more league appearance to become the most capped FVSL div. 2 midfielder ever. Should at least win a bucket of apples at the award ceremony for that
We'll throw in five kinds of apples for you if you get that W

Fez08

Jan 23, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
4. FVRD
5. POMO

After going 0-6 to start the season... I'll just leave it at that.
Also it looked like both teams tonight were very happy with the result...

Casual

Nov 21, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
4. FVRD
5. POMO

After going 0-6 to start the season... I'll just leave it at that.
Also it looked like both teams tonight were very happy with the result...
Congrats to FVRD, huge run up the standings to pass us at the end. Good luck in provincials.

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVRD 3 - 2 Dynamo

FVRD earned the win last night and were the better team. We had 1-0 and 2-1 leads and couldn't hold on. We were missing some key players in mid and up top but still should have been capable of holding the leads better.

They got the winner about 3 minutes after their player got sent off with a straight red for grabbing our guy's throat after what everyone agrees was a shite tackle. It wasn't malicious, but horrendously timed.

Another good season in the bag, despite the weather debacle, I think we added a couple great teams in Mission and Surrey that should keep the competition level high in Div 2 for next year.

Good luck in Provincials boys (and Brander????)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts