Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div 2 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots of new teams in div 2 this year, and just going off what I know I would say 2A is much tougher than 2B.

Thoughts?

2A
Surrey U21(div 1)
WC Knights
Mission
Poco Royals (div 1)
Langley City FC (div3)
Abby United
Aldy
WC United (div1/3)

2B
Dynamo
Surrey U
Langley U21(?)
WRU Vault (div 3)
Red Devils
Hawks (div 3)
Whalley Wakanda (div 4)
TSS Rovers (?)

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots of new teams in div 2 this year, and just going off what I know I would say 2A is much tougher than 2B.

Thoughts?

2A
Surrey U21(div 1)
WC Knights
Mission
Poco Royals (div 1)
Langley City FC (div3)
Abby United
Aldy
WC United (div1/3)

2B
Dynamo
Surrey U
Langley U21(?)
WRU Vault (div 3)
Red Devils
Hawks (div 3)
Whalley Wakanda (div 4)
TSS Rovers (?)

new Langley team is NOT a U21 team

TSS team will be 15-17 year olds.

Aug 12, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are drunk. Dragons U21 are div 3.

perhaps I can be of clarification as the coach of this team. Yes indeed we are a u21 team made up of mostly 16-18 year olds. Originally slated for Division 3 we were offered the chance to move up due to a team not being able to field a competitive team and accepted the challenge.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Schedule is up
Week 1
Aldy vs Knights
Abby vs Westcoast
Mission vs Langley City
Red Devils vs TSS
Royals vs SUU21
Dragons vs Dynamo
Hawks vs Surrey
WRU vs Wakanda

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Going to be an interesting year. Larger groups, but I’m thinking less competitive between top and bottom teams?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Going to be an interesting year. Larger groups, but I’m thinking less competitive between top and bottom teams?

Hard to say, just by completely guessing I would say the 7 returning teams will be similar to last year.

Two new U21 teams (tss & Langley) and if true that they’re 15-18 year old kids that’s a pretty big jump for some of the younger kids. I really don’t understand that in all respect, why would kids still eligible for youth soccer not play youth? If these kids had university or professional ambition they would be playing HPL, or something equivalent, no? What benefits is there to jumping into men’s?

3 teams coming down from Div 1, who knows what to expect but my guess is Royals do quite well, and unless Surrey U21 picked up guys then I’m not sure they’ll do much better than they did finishing last in div 1 last year? Westcoast merging teams from their previous U21 div 3 & with 6 guys coming down from their div 1 team including 2/3 time div 1 golden boot winner Connor makes them one of the favourites for a provincial spot imo.

Langley city & SAFC hawks I’m expecting both to do quite well based on their previous seasons. I know little about either but both did very well in div 3 so I’m sure they transition that into div 2. SAFC probably have guys from the previously relegated RedBulls so I’m sure they’re fully prepared for the season.

Wakanda coming from div 4 is quite the jump so I guess we’ll see how they do.

WRU seems odd looking back at the previous two seasons they been bottom dwellers in div 3, so unless they’ve managed to convince guys to come across and join them I predict they’ll be the worst in the league. Hopefully they don’t end up folding by Xmas.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two new U21 teams (tss & Langley) and if true that they’re 15-18 year old kids that’s a pretty big jump for some of the younger kids. I really don’t understand that in all respect, why would kids still eligible for youth soccer not play youth? If these kids had university or professional ambition they would be playing HPL, or something equivalent, no? What benefits is there to jumping into men’s?

The whole thing is that TSS cannot play in youth divisions because they are an academy. They want to find competitive games for their players, and the men's leagues have been happy enough to have them. Also, youth soccer does not in any way develop kids to play men's soccer, the jump is massive. So they are operating on a model of "if you are good enough, you are old enough". Lots of the top teams and academies are now starting to ignore age groups and playing kids against older players to see if they can handle it. It might be a bit of a "thrown into the deep end" sink or swim type move, but IMO it is a better way to develop players. I wouldn't worry about the TSS kids getting into college either, the whole point of that program is with all the connections of their staff the kids will get looks.

As for how they will do results wise. They were a mid-table U21 side in the VMSL last season, but they won the U21 Cup. Looks like they were able to tread water in the FVSL Div. 2. Presumably most of those kids though will be playing on the Div. 1 FVSL TSS teams, but with player sharing between the two teams it will be interesting to see how they try to balance it. Certainly not challenging for titles or even provincials, but I doubt they will be a weekly walkover. As for the other "U21" teams, the FVSL scrapped their U21 division last season after it went the same way as Masters Premier and only had 4 teams in favour of putting the U21 teams into the various Open divisions. Surrey opted for Div. 1 and struggled, we will see if Div. 2 is more their speed. If Langley United is largely the team that won the VMSL U21 title last season, then I would expect them to be able to compete at this level as well. Again, I wouldn't suggest that these teams will be at the top of the table, but I don't know that weekly blowouts are likely either.

Aug 12, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our crew is not the same as last years team in the vmsl. We have aged out of youth soccer and will be continuing as a men’s team. Most of the group are 01 birth years with 4 02 birth years who have chosen to move to men’s soccer to stay with older siblings and friends.

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's going to be an interesting year, plenty of new teams to figure out. With Royals and Westcoast back, D2 gains a couple teams who have had lots of success in this division. Not sure how similar the squads are to when they played down previously, but we always had great battles against both teams. Abby B might not even have to sandbag this year to stay down in D2!

With Sparta folded, we Dynamo have to be one of the oldest squads in the Division. It is going to be interesting to see how some of the guys do playing against players who are pretty much the same age as their children! It won't take long to find out, Dragons in Week 1.

Good luck this year gents!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Devils won Div 2B last year and are in Div 2 again this year. Why aren't they in Div 1 this year?

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Devils won Div 2B last year and are in Div 2 again this year. Why aren't they in Div 1 this year?
That's because in Div 1 and Div 2 teams don't have to move up if it will twist their panties up. Abbotsford Utd. B won 2A and are still in Div. 2 as well. ND aren't moving to Prem after winning Div. 1. That's just the way it is.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like TSS might be a weekly walkover after all @Canucks4Ever

10-0 loss to a Red Devils.

Mission 3-1 Surrey U21.

We had 9 guys, 1 ex player who we signed for the game, and 3 calls up (1 from U18)

We took an early 3-0 lead, then just pretty much sat on it, played smart and kept the ball. Overall possession was probably 70-30, but we didn’t really create much after the 3rd goal. Phantom PK call in the beginning of the 2nd half was the only shot I remember them having.

They’re okay but I think they’ll struggle this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts