Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div 2 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys played with 9? Or only had 9 starters the rest fillers ?

I wasn’t clear on that at all, and I was wrong. We had 8 of our normal players, everyone else was away at weddings etc. We also lost a player early in the game on a tackle that should have been a Red as well.

We then had 1 ex player we convinced to sign for the game, 2 call ups from our div 3 team, and then 1 U18 player.

In total we had 13.

Ronaldo Nazario

Dec 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope number 23 from surrey U21 team is ok, in 20 years of playing footy I’ve never seen a player get so injured in one game. Every time the ball was within 5 yards of him and he didn’t keep the ball. He was on the ground “injured “
#backstronger

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair I forgot that this was their B team, their "A" group is in Div. 1. Also it was against last year's Div. 2 champions.

Not sure it will get that much better though...
Their div. 1 team was playing roughly at the same time so I bet some weeks TSS will tougher to play against

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 7-3 dragons
Took us awhile to wake up today, were down 2-1 at half. On to Red Devils

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 2
SAFC hawks. 0

We came out strong, had lots of close chances and controlled the play easily for the first 30 mins. We got the first goal from about 30 yards out. After that the hawks had a little more of the ball, but nothing dangerous. Second half much of the same SAFC had a bit more of the ball and a couple chances, but nothing too dangerous. Around 25 mins in we get another goal after a nice crossing play from our strikers. we missed another couple close ones that we should have had. They also had a couple goal line clearence by a defender. They had some decent players, and a couple bright moments. Was a good first game think they will finish in the middle of our side. Easily could have been far more then 2-0.

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 2
SAFC hawks. 0

We came out strong, had lots of close chances and controlled the play easily for the first 30 mins. We got the first goal from about 30 yards out. After that the hawks had a little more of the ball, but nothing dangerous. Second half much of the same SAFC had a bit more of the ball and a couple chances, but nothing too dangerous. Around 25 mins in we get another goal after a nice crossing play from our strikers. we missed another couple close ones that we should have had. They also had a couple goal line clearence by a defender. They had some decent players, and a couple bright moments. Was a good first game think they will finish in the middle of our side. Easily could have been far more then 2-0.

Very impressive result, from my understanding is SAFC “Hawks” has lost a majority of their team from last fall. Which is where some of the confusion of “ex safc” players and guys leaving safc have come from. Their premier team sounds to be intact while their D2 team is in shambles. Sounds from the rumour mill that their main guys are now playing with another team in D1 for FVSL and D3 VMSL. Odd turn of events.

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

Langley Utd Dynamo - Abbotsford SA Red Devils - Always a good battle with these boys.
Surrey Elite U21 1 - 4 Abbotsford Utd B - This will be a long day for the Surrey kids
Westcoast FC Utd 2 - 1 Aldergrove Utd Lightning - Lightning were strong last year but I think Westcoast will be a handfull this year
Westcoast Black Knights 1 - 3 POCO FC Royals - Black Knights are notorious slow starters.
Whalley Wakanda FC A 2 - 2 Langley Utd Dragons U21 - Dragons will steal some points this year and will improve as they get used to playing against men.
TSS FC Rovers III U21 1 - 5 SAFC Hawks - TSS will improve greatly this week
Langley City FC 2 - 3 Mission SC A - MOTW I know nothing about Langley City and too much about Mission. Mission with the win here but an early win vs Royals may have LCFC as a team to watch this year
Surrey United SC 2 - 1 WRU Vault FC - I don't know if this is an improved Vault team from a few years ago, but if not, it will be a long year. Surrey played well last year and gets the win this week.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 1-2 Red Devils-MOTW, Red Devils new picks up this season make them strong candidates to win every game this year. Dynamo never easy though.
Surrey U21 0-2 Abby- 12pm kick off on a Saturday could cause problems especially considering I think it’s a shitty grass field Surrey play on.
Westcoast 2-2 Aldy- Hoekstra to score both for WC.
Knights 1-2 Royals- depends what Knights show up, but I think Royals get going this week.
Wakanda 2-2 Dragons- no idea, copying @InanimateCarbonRod
TSS 0–4 Hawks- big game for TSS to prove this jump to men’s was worth it.
Langley vs Mission- We’re missing a few key guys, but at least have numbers as of right now. And why do they play out of Surrey?
Surrey 6-0 WRU- Can’t see it being close.

dtoth

Sep 4, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 1-3 Red Devils
Surrey U21 0-5 Abby
Westcoast 2-2 Aldy
Knights 1-3 Royals
Wakanda
3-1 Dragons
TSS 2–2 Hawks
Langley 1-2 Mission

Haven't seen this talked about, but is the Schedule correct in that there will be no cross-division play this year? Shows us playing each team on our side 3 times and the Hawks 4 times. Don't see why we can't do the same as last year, it'd equal the same amount of games played. Granted, our side looks a hell of a lot weaker...

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 2-Red Devils 5
Had a bad first half, myself included, feel like the score doesn’t reflect the game even though our keeper made some unreal saves. Look forward to running this one back

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 1-3 Red Devils
Surrey U21 0-5 Abby
Westcoast 2-2 Aldy
Knights 1-3 Royals
Wakanda
3-1 Dragons
TSS 2–2 Hawks
Langley 1-2 Mission

Haven't seen this talked about, but is the Schedule correct in that there will be no cross-division play this year? Shows us playing each team on our side 3 times and the Hawks 4 times. Don't see why we can't do the same as last year, it'd equal the same amount of games played. Granted, our side looks a hell of a lot weaker...

Im not sure why the schedule looks like that, my understanding is we play crossover games after playing every team in our own division twice.
Total of 22 league games
Top 3 in each division auto qualify for provincials + pres cup or next highest points total from either side.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 1-1 Mission

Frustrating game.

Should have been won comfortably, but their keeper was easily man of the match in this one for both sides. Credit to them they have a system they stick too, a couple decent players, and aren’t a bad side, but it was a one sided game. We played well, just pretty wasteful in the end.

Their goal was a fluke own goal deflection that was going way wide before somehow bouncing off our left backs shin and in. Ours was from our winger cutting in and banging a beauty curler into the far corner.

Abby next, can’t be wasteful next week.

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 2
WRU Vault. 1

They started the game with 7-8 players for the first 20 mins or so. They played really defensive and there goalie kept them in the game making a couple good saves. We should have buried 3-4 goals before they got there other players. Playing against a team that starts short players kind of takes the edge out of the game and we were just coasting, when we should have been going after them. around 35 mins in there goalie tipped a ball over beside the post and clanked the back of his head off the post. He was down for 15 mins or so, credit go there goalie he tried to stay in but 5 mins later he tried to do a slight run and basically just started puking. Then we had another break to make sure he's ok. hopefully he got the attention he needed and went to a hospital because he had a concussion for sure. WRU put in a player who ended up being very solid in net. He made 3 or 4 very good saves to keep the game even they also had a goal line clearence. 0-0 at half. second half started we more so got into the game and got a goal off a fast break. 10 mins later we also had a goal line clearance on our end off their first shot/header. with 10 to go there mid feilder from about 20 yards out hit a screaming knuckle ball which beat our keeper. Again we pressed and didn't get anything to show for our efforts. Last 10 seconds I sent our striker in on a clear break and the two defenders cleaned him out. PK was called, we made good on the pk squeezing out a 3 points instead of 1 out of this strange game. we need to work on our finish and not leaving games so close. Last year it cost us in the last half of the season dropping points and first place in our side. WRU might steal some points this season, but don't see them as a threat in the division.

SoccerFan4

Feb 7, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 3 predictions:

Aldergrove 2 - 1 Surrey Utd U21
Abby united 1 - 1 Mission
Black knights 2 - 3 Langley city
Red Devils 4 - 0 Langley u21
Poco royals 1 - 2 westcoast Utd
Surrey united 2 - 1 Wakanda
SAFC 0 - 3 dynamo