Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div 2 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey united 0
Abby 4

Game started out looking ok for us as we created a few decent chances that there keeper saved. Then Abby pulled it together and started getting chances on us, our goalie made multiple nice saves to keep it even. They then had a string on 5 corner kicks in a row and we had a goal line save even. Abby got there first goal about 25 min in then added another about 35 in. 2-0 at half. We could have had a couple there goalie made a couple impressive saves. Our goalie did the same. Second half started and they picked up where they left off scoring two goals in the first 25 of the half. They also missed a couple sitters and our goalie bailed us out. Game ended 4-0. We had moment where we played well and gave them trouble, but to beat Abby your going to have to put in a full game, even then it’s going to be close. Hopefully we can turn things around in the last 5 games.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
After this weekend Abby, Red Devils, and Dynamo all officially qualified for provincials which was basically inevitable a long time ago. Surrey very likely to get the final spot on the other side, but the race on our side is far from settled for those last 2 spots.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not settled at all, we have to buckle down and get some wins here or the dragons going to leap frog us.

Even if they do you still qualify. They’re U21, they aren’t eligible for B cup. TSS won’t catch you, it’s basically done. You also won’t catch both of the top 2, as they both won’t drop enough points.

You side is basically decided, just Dynamo and Red Devils get to battle out for first.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 1- Aldergrove 1

Weird game. Heavy rain--lots of wind. Our goalie who has been great this year gifts the first goal with a pass straight to their oncoming striker about 70 minutes in. We get it back from a nice short side shot from our top striker. Ends 1-1.

Okay, here is my beef with div.2 --maybe @4thplacetrophy can help me out. Aldergrove plays a weird formation and I guess upon reflection most teams in this division play the most crazy high press, lots of long balls, unreal pressure on the backs and hope for a turnover. I know why teams do it, as a centre back I coughed it up a bunch of times tonight, not my best night by any stretch. The game was so spastic and had no flow. So so fast but no cohesion. Honesty when I played prem (insert high horse voice here) the game was different, there was no 3 sometimes 4 guys up front. I honestly feel that div 2 is basically where you insert a forward and tell him to run his balls off for 20 then insert another guy in --rinse and repeat. I know that when we scrimmage against our prem team, it does throw them off with our style of play but c'mon boys that was not a pretty game to be a part of. Okay rant over.

Onto next week..

Ronaldo Nazario

Dec 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Longball fc for you
Dynamo 1- Aldergrove 1

Weird game. Heavy rain--lots of wind. Our goalie who has been great this year gifts the first goal with a pass straight to their oncoming striker about 70 minutes in. We get it back from a nice short side shot from our top striker. Ends 1-1.

Okay, here is my beef with div.2 --maybe @4thplacetrophy can help me out. Aldergrove plays a weird formation and I guess upon reflection most teams in this division play the most crazy high press, lots of long balls, unreal pressure on the backs and hope for a turnover. I know why teams do it, as a centre back I coughed it up a bunch of times tonight, not my best night by any stretch. The game was so spastic and had no flow. So so fast but no cohesion. Honesty when I played prem (insert high horse voice here) the game was different, there was no 3 sometimes 4 guys up front. I honestly feel that div 2 is basically where you insert a forward and tell him to run his balls off for 20 then insert another guy in --rinse and repeat. I know that when we scrimmage against our prem team, it does throw them off with our style of play but c'mon boys that was not a pretty game to be a part of. Okay rant over.

Onto next week..
Longball fc speciality

Aug 12, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley U21 Dragons 5. Surrey United U21 0

Their goalie made some big saves, including a pk, in the first half with the ball barely getting in our final third. A red card against us in the 40th put us in a bad spot. Even with 10 men we scored 5 goals with the possesion at 80-20 which may be generous. We were all over them and our keeper had to make one save off a shot from 30 yards.

Unfortunate that the u21 cup is random draw. Surrey team gets a walk into provincials playing a div 3 team while we are in the upper half having to play our selves into the final 4 with two Div 1 teams in our path to one provincial spot.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 1- Aldergrove 1

Onto next week..

Lol I think that’s just how Aldergrove like to play. But I guess it works for them, especially against us :mad:

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission 6-0 Red Devils

they missed a pen at 0-0, our keeper made a sick save also at 0-0. We scored with about 5 left in the half, they almost got one back right away as they dinged the crossbar from 6 out. We got another injury time. 2-0 at half.

second we didn’t let them in our half, and took our chances. Big win for us.

Fez08

Jan 23, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission 6-0 Red Devils

they missed a pen at 0-0, our keeper made a sick save also at 0-0. We scored with about 5 left in the half, they almost got one back right away as they dinged the crossbar from 6 out. We got another injury time. 2-0 at half.

second we didn’t let them in our half, and took our chances. Big win for us.
Game of two halves.
1st half could have been 3-3 at half. Hit 2 crossbars and a phenomenal save by their keeper to put it over the bar. We played well in the 1st and had some momentum but ultimately couldn’t convert.
2nd half was a completely different story. They took advantage of our lack of personnel (1sub) and ran away with the game. We gassed out and they kept laying on the pressure.
Mission are a great group of guys (other than @Connor J ;) ) and always a great match! Hopefully we can cross paths in cup play and have a chance at redemption.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game of two halves.
1st half could have been 3-3 at half. Hit 2 crossbars and a phenomenal save by their keeper to put it over the bar. We played well in the 1st and had some momentum but ultimately couldn’t convert.
2nd half was a completely different story. They took advantage of our lack of personnel (1sub) and ran away with the game. We gassed out and they kept laying on the pressure.
Mission are a great group of guys (other than @Connor J ;) ) and always a great match! Hopefully we can cross paths in cup play and have a chance at redemption.

Very fair assessment. That save our keeper made was one of the best saves I’ve ever seen in person.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shocked by Red Devils score. I tell everyone they are the best team in the division for the simple fact when they play us they have 6-7 subs and play at an unreal crazy high tempo with high skill.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any predictions this week from anyone besides @Connor J and I?

Knights 5-0 Hawks
Westcoast 5-1 Wakanda
Red Devils 0-3 Abby United
TSS 2-0 Surrey U21
Royals 3-1 Dragons
Langley City 1-2 Dynamo
Mission vs Surrey
WRU 0-4 Aldergrove

Soviet Bratva

Mar 24, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

Knights 4 - 1 Hawks
Westcoast 3 - 2 Wakanda
Red Devils 1 - 4 Abby United
TSS 1 - 0 Surrey U21
Royals 2 - 2 Dragons
Langley City 2 - 2 Dynamo
Mission 3 - 1 Surrey United
WRU 1 - 3 Aldy

Ronaldo Nazario

Dec 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 3-0 SAFC
Westcoast united 5-2 Wakanda
Red Devils 2-2 Abby United
TSS U16 2-0 Surrey U16
Poco 3-1 Dragons
Langley City (Surrey) 1-2 Dynamo
Mission 2-0 Surrey
WRU 0-5 Aldy

Happy Valentine’s Day

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 2-3 Mission

2-0 down after an awful start. Pulled ourselves back into. Their keeper was incredible tonight, kept the score down for sure.

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup went up 2-0 sat back, our keeper kept us in the game, they missed some sitters. We also didn’t convert on some chances. Mission a good team, hopefully we meet in cup play to have a rematch. Clean game for the most part couple bad tackles on both sides. Linesman’s were questionable both ways at times. Same with the ref. We have to start playing a full 90 to beat pool A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts