Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL] Div 3 2016/2017 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyz

Feb 27, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chwk 2 at Cloverdale 4

This was probably the cleanest, fairest game we've played this season. Cheers to Cloverdale for the quality.

We played with 10 guys, two of whom we're labouring with injuries. We were also missing a few starters.

That said, Cloverdale capitalized well. They caught us with counterattacks, getting plenty of guys forward quick. Their most impactful player was their forward, #22. I thought their goalie was strong as well.

With us now gunning for Cloverdale next game, and hopefully a full squad at home, I feel the next match will be a good one!

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders 2 - 1 Sentinel. It's about time we beat them. We've had no success against them for the past couple of years so it felt good for our guys to get the win. Sentinel struck first as we can't seem to score first in any of our games. We did respond quickly with two before the half, both on defensive miscues by their back end. They poured it on late in the second half but couldn't get anything past our much improved keeper. Benders next on Friday night. Should be a tough one. Wish I didn't have to miss it.

GodfatherRowdie

Jan 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
wc strikers 2 rowdies 1. everyone away so GF Rowdie and and others logging 60 more minutes then our out of shape bodies allow but still a good game. Bad first goal conceded by us but to be fair they could have had alot more than 2. Just a league wide message, believe it or not, past incidents included, we are not a team that wants or goes looking for a fight. We had 12 players and a handfull of wives and our kids at the game. Strikers are a much younger squad who showed up with a little crew that tried to start a fight after the game. Why? you beat us, we shook hands, it was a hard fought game that we gave you all the credit for. Yet you cant control your little bitch ass buddies post game. Our guy is talking to his buddy or ur squad and you have ur buddies start pushing him randomly? Control your bench and fans, total joke. At least have the balls then to man up when we walk over after, out numbered 2 to 1 to be fcuking men about it. Sorry for the rant ttp but as an old balls in this league ive never seen pussier shite in my life, I hope those "fans" arn't there in the return leg, just play the game.

Dec 3, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well in the 3B world (Langley United C) we have 6 wins in our first 7 games, some have been close, some not so much, so feeling pretty good at this point, we will hopefully get back at Aldergrove (our only loss thus far) when we see them at their home field on the 9th. Buuut injuries happen, so I expect this winning to end at some point this season. Don't know how any of you did in Bradner or if there was/is a thread on that, were lucky enough to draw Div 1 gunners first round, they beat us handily (they were hung over mind you) as we had but one sub, I think 8-2 was the score.

My first impressions of this season is that so many teams are different than years previous, what the hell has happened to LOP? They were good last season, not great but not the last place that I see them in now. We did lose our last game to Teamgeist on the field last outing, if they had played short or injured I'm sure they would have gone on to win the game and keep the points as I had to put out a sub par lineup with some call ups from Div 4. They instead chose to allow an ineligible player on the field with 10 min remaining including extra time, thus allowing us to win the protest, which honestly, I hated doing. We had it happen to us last season against Ladner, we beat them handily and was no reason for us to play an ineligible player, but lessons learned, we decided as a group to use the rule to our advantage and get us the W on paper. They played well enough, we played like absolute garbage.

Looking forward to WRU Vault this weekend, who I don't believe are as bad as the standings would suggest, should be a good game.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
WRU 0- Langley C 1- This game was the definition our season, missed opportunities with easy chances. I think we caught them off guard for the first 40 minutes or so, we had more chances at the net than we could have asked for. Our finishing was awful though. We controlled the ball well and moved it all over. Langley battled hard and didn't stop pressing and had a couple of good efforts as well.
Second half they calmed down a little and took their time passing and slowed it down. We moved slowly and stopped our short range passing. Both teams were quite even and having good chances on net. They slotted on home in about the 89th minute on a free kick on the 18. Wall moved and ball went through... Tough loss to swallow. Good group of guys to play against though! Congrats on the win

G-fence

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hate blaming the Referee (Kim Green) for losing points, but that is exactly what happened in the Blue Devils game against Coastal on Saturday. We controlled the whole game and had a 1-0 lead heading into the 85th minute. Coastal awarded a free kick from about 23 yards out. Our goalie, who is also our coach/permitted player makes the save. The ball hits the post and comes back to the goalie who covers it up. Referee points to the centre circle and whistles a goal standing 25 yards away from the goal line. Our players urged the referee to reconsider the call. The other team was stunned that the ref awarded that goal as there was no celebration from them. Their fans talking with our fans and saying that wasn't a goal. I don't blame the other team for not stepping up and being honest, but it would have been very classy.

Very disappointing to have three points taken away from us by the person who's job it is to make sure the process is fair. Lack of respect by the middle for the players of the game. In the end we need to score more goals, so that we don't leave it in the hands of the Zebra!! Looking forward to the rematch in Abbotsford.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hate blaming the Referee (Kim Green) for losing points, but that is exactly what happened in the Blue Devils game against Coastal on Saturday. We controlled the whole game and had a 1-0 lead heading into the 85th minute. Coastal awarded a free kick from about 23 yards out. Our goalie, who is also our coach/permitted player makes the save. The ball hits the post and comes back to the goalie who covers it up. Referee points to the centre circle and whistles a goal standing 25 yards away from the goal line. Our players urged the referee to reconsider the call. The other team was stunned that the ref awarded that goal as there was no celebration from them. Their fans talking with our fans and saying that wasn't a goal. I don't blame the other team for not stepping up and being honest, but it would have been very classy.

Very disappointing to have three points taken away from us by the person who's job it is to make sure the process is fair. Lack of respect by the middle for the players of the game. In the end we need to score more goals, so that we don't leave it in the hands of the Zebra!! Looking forward to the rematch in Abbotsford.

if the opposition really wanted to be honest they would have let you score from kick off.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vault 1- Coastal 1: Hard match played by both squads. I would say they controlled the play much more in the 2nd half with the first half being quite even. They plotted on in the 40th off a nice passing play. We came back in the 75th with a 25 yard rocket from our midfielder that handcuffed the keeper. All around good match. Back to round 1

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders 2-2 FV Athletic. We got two goals early and must have thought we would roll them. They had the biggest kick and run game I've ever seen and we are very disappointed to not take three points from them. Their keeper did well to earn their point for them but we should have generated more. We better get the W next week against the Impact.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders 2-2 Impact. Cannot believe how poorly we played the first half. Impact got two goals off of deflections in the first half to lead 2-0 at half. We couldn't get anything going and made a bad team look like they belong in the same league. The second half we started to get going and our left back scored on a header at the far post at the 65th min mark. At about 70th min. same left back got into it with one of their guys and soon enough, all 22 guys were in. Punches thrown and lots of heated talks. First two guys got reds. The ref wanted to call the game, however, both teams convinced him to let it continue. We got the tying goal with 10 to play and pressed for the winner. A game of two halves and a draw was probably fair.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vault 2- ND 1: The pitch at Wade road was just tragic. I felt bad for both teams seeing as every stop and turn was someone slipping into the mud. Around the net it was an actual mud patch where your foot just sank into mud. We scored the first off a nice B-way run, they came back and tied it off some great tick tack toe passing. We planted one in the 75th off some great passing number outside the 18 yard box. They looked short on subs which we were most certainly not, good team and group of guys to play!

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope we will get to play soccer again soon. But at this rate it looks like nothing til January.

Good games so far in 3B this year. A lot of parity. Some teams look brutal one week and amazing the next. But it makes for tight games week in and week out.

Happy Holidays everyone and see you in 2017!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts