Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL] Div 3 2016/2017 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great idea Regs. Sorry I didn't put it up lads, been on 20 straight at work and no longer have a computer at my disposal, haven't had anytime to get on the fvsl or sites lately

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders 0-0 PMO Gunners. Gunners carried the play of the game with probably 65% of the ball. Both teams hit a bar in the first half and the Gunners missed a couple of sitters that our keeper did a good job keeping out. They were very frustrated by the end of the game as they think they should have scored. Nice to have a better result than the last time we played them. Quality side throughout their lineup. Next up, Strikers.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Titans with a couple wins in a row to get 2017 going. 4-2 over Coastal and 1-0 over the ND 91s. Both games could have gone either way but I think we were the deserving winners of both. Hopefully we can keep this rolling.

With impending snow, who knows if this weekends games will even get played. It would mean yet another make-up. Fingers crossed.

Paramatic24

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big shout out to the POCO Rangers manager wouldn't move the game so we could watch the Super Bowl. Trying to squeak out of relegation with a forfeit win over the 1st place Benders sorry mother nature was disgusted with your decisions so she stepped in. After scoring 15 in out past 3 games can't wait to meet your squad and send you back to div 4 where you belong.

Sep 7, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ha, that sounds a lot like he who shall not be named.
They had to beg to get that spot in div 3.
From the looks of the standings they we not quite ready for it yet.
Don't take it personally, he can be a bit stubborn sometimes.
It's just his nature/temperament.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We played the Fraser Valley Blue Devils last night and lost 1-0.

It was a really good game despite the gale force winds. They move the ball well and pose a threat going forward every time they get the ball. Our keeper made some big stops but we held them at bay til the 79th minute. Had a few chances of our own. We worked our socks off and felt we deserved a point. But a 1-0 scoreline was pretty fair overall.

With that game we have now played everyone at least once except WR Vault.

FV Blue Devils are a very good team. You can see why they are top of 3B. However, I'm not convinced that they are head and shoulders above the rest of 3B. They are better than Langley; but pretty much on par with Aldergrove. In my opinion the two best teams in 3B are FV and Aldy. Langley, Ladner and Chilliwack are the next level. After that, it is pretty even from 6-11 (excluding Abbotsford). That said, 1-11 can all beat each other on any given day.

This condensed make-up schedule will likely skew the standings. But I think the best and worst teams will still rightly get promoted/relegated (FV and Abby).

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know how we are going to make up all of these games. I understand the E-mail we received, but man we have a lot to go. Some 6 point games (vs ND Titants) for sure.

leftwing

Sep 13, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know a few guys on the FV blue devils team and one of them told me that 6 of their starters werent playing. 2 of them are suspended with yellow cards and 2 of them out with injury and 2 couldnt make it for work related reasons.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poor FV Blue Devils. I guess we would have just got destroyed if they had a full squad. Might as well forfeit our second game against them.

I didn't bother to mention that we were missing our regular goalie plus 3 other starters including 2 defenders and a mid. Maybe that's because it doesn't matter. It's div 3. You are always missing players and you make the most of what you've got.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Titans 1 Aldergrove 0

Tough one for us playing two of the top teams within 48 hours of each other.

Really feisty game last night but hard fought and tight from beginning to end. Not a ton of chances, but our goalie made some huge stops when called upon and we missed a few great chances off set pieces and counters. Luckily snuck in a scrambly one with about 15 to go.

Solid result. Now a well deserved 9 days off before a trip to the Wack for Cup.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders 0-0 PoCo Rockets. We came out very flat and the Rockets came at us in the first half. Our keeper made a couple of good saves and kept it scoreless. The second half we got our crap together and made a game of it. We had more quality chances in the second half but couldn't find the back of the net. Three straight clean sheets for us however only one goal scored in those games. Need to find a way to win some of our ties. Three games in six days coming up for us should test our stamina. I personally am excited to play a handful of my old Inter mates Sunday against the Rowdies. Should be a good one.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WRU Vault 3 - ND Titans 1

We stunk it up last night. After two strong efforts last week, last night was a huge let down. Couldn't make a pass and played really soft for the entire first half. Unfortunately as a result we were down 2-0.

Second half we pressed more and they started to tire. They had a stout defense and despite us playing 95% of the half in their end, we just couldn't create enough grade A chances, and when we did the keeper made some big stops or defenders made some key blocks.

As usual a typical tight game vs. Vault. Score wasn't necessarily indicative. I expect the classic 1-1, 2-1 game against them when we play again in the coming weeks.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Titan said it all, story of two different half's literally. We controlled the first half, with them having some good solid opportunities. Second half the simply dominated us but couldn't find the back of the net. That damn cold weather at half time and being a 9pm late game just killed our whole second half momentum. We lost two of our strong players at half time due to cramps/ injury and they somehow got stronger and went and had some Michael Jordan space jam water or something!
Always a fun battle with those guys, good team that works hard and is a clean game! We were lucky I will say to get the full 3 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0