Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2014/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well hello kettle... ;)

Temple B are a very good addition to the league and last night's game could have gone either way with us nicking the points.

Langley FC 1 SFC Temple 0

Mark Thomas did a great job in the middle and it showed with zero moaning from either side.
A rare occurrence on our part for sure. :D

Great to see you again Gurps, good game mate, and thanks to Kam for opening up the change rooms for us.

Cheers,
RF

Good seeing you and Dude. RF with one half of the shutout.

As for the game, had our keeper not stood tall I think you guys would have popped in a few more. We just could not get into any kind of flow, and Langley worked hard and it paid off.

Good luck the rest of the way. Nice seeing you too Regs....;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our finishing was poor...I think we made it easy on the keeper.

The work rates of both squads was outstanding; where I think we held an edge was in absorbing the attack a bit better, and we did have a deep bench of subs that allowed us to keep the pace up.

The score was jusfified, but, it wasn't dominating by any means. It was quite a good game, both ways...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps, hope you were able to keep Dude away from Mrs. Gurps. He has a thing about brown girls, and he's not exactly well-behaved...:p

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 1 Rangers 1

The Rangers dominated the 1st half hour or so and went up 1-nil but then the Rangers found a bit of their groove.
As a result of their better efforts and pressure the Rangers were able to draw level with a converted PK before half time.

The game mainly seemed to see/saw back and forth after that with some late pressure again shown by the Rangers for the last 10 minutes.
The Rangers held them off though with some decent defending and goalkeeping so the tie remained, which was fair to both teams IMHO.

Great game Mackers - You played well bud.

Cheers,
RF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think for us- Langley- we'd have to say either South Surrey FC or NextLevel Rapids.

If you look at the standing, that shouldn't make sense (especially in the case of South Surrey), but there you have it.

M2 is increadibly well balanced...a lot of good players in the division, just players whom don't wish to commit to M1. I think that on almost any given night, depth is the big determining factor, yet then again, over our past 4 games or so we've dropped points in either ties or losses while having a deep bench.

And, if you were to ask me the biggest surprise, it is to see Temple w/ a losing record and only 11 points. Maybe they are having issues w/ numbers, but when we played them, again, I felt they were overall one of the strongest teams we've played.

It's a fun division when it is this close in quality...

Farm Boy

Sep 15, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed ...dude there are no gimme ' s when it comes to points in this division. If you view the scores very few blowouts , all are fairly tight games. There are teams and or players that could definitely play M1 . Makes for a good division in my opinion.

BrianPicard

Feb 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well a long drive on an early Sunday Morning, a few carloads of Lambs headed to the expected slaughter.... Only to grind out a win over the top ranked Coastal Squad. A well battled game with some crazy calls going for both sides. A clean game too with no BS to speak of but alas a 4-3 W for the boys from Langley!! Huge game this week with The Wack making their way out and a certain handful with a very good squad.

BrianPicard

Feb 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
A handful was right. A very gritty match Friday night in Langley as we played host to the Men from The Wack, a 2-1 win for the hosts but not without a few scares. An injury time winner by Wild Thing whom in the end won the Battle of the Haircuts. Ref was interesting I will leave it at that but another good win for us against a team above us in the standings helping us move up a spot.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
can't wait :(

nice draw in the Cup by the way...we get some mid pack Div 1 team, that should be fun.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You never know Mackers.
I wouldn't sell yourselves short by any means and certainly we ain't taking anything for granted.
I find in Masters its all who shows up on the day.

Question for anyone who gives a fcuk on here:

I see we've been scheduled originally for 20 games this year and it had us playing the Thunder and South Surrey three times.
But when I look at things now maybe that's not the case?
Once we play Abby on Sunday we'll have played everyone twice and it appears that those last two league games of ours won't be played now?
It makes sense to only play 18 games but wondering if I'm missing something?
Does everyone else have the same schedule issue we have where they've only played teams twice at the most?
I know others haven't played as many games as us and Aldergrove this year.
And, I think Aldergrove has played their 18 games already but not sure if they play any more league games or not.

Curious and cheers

Nice to have someone other than LFC chat on here...

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
You never know Mackers.
I wouldn't sell yourselves short by any means and certainly we ain't taking anything for granted.
I find in Masters its all who shows up on the day.

Question for anyone who gives a fcuk on here:

I see we've been scheduled originally for 20 games this year and it had us playing the Thunder and South Surrey three times.
But when I look at things now maybe that's not the case?
Once we play Abby on Sunday we'll have played everyone twice and it appears that those last two league games of ours won't be played now?
It makes sense to only play 18 games but wondering if I'm missing something?
Does everyone else have the same schedule issue we have where they've only played teams twice at the most?
I know others haven't played as many games as us and Aldergrove this year.
And, I think Aldergrove has played their 18 games already but not sure if they play any more league games or not.

Curious and cheers

Nice to have someone other than LFC chat on here...

RF each team only plays each other twice, they said at the start of the season those last 2 games would not be played.

Farm Boy

Sep 15, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like it finishes coastal, wack and langley top 3 . Took in the ND vs Wack game tonight . Gritty win for wack . ND knocked the ball around well in the first . Wack came on as the game went on . Wack has a few solid players Willmets, Mummery, stats of yesteryear ! A physical Centre back with some pointy blue hair ...but can play too. Congrats to all teams on a competitive season . I hope to be out playing next year once healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0