Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Master's Premier 2019/2020

KingFisher

Dec 12, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor mill has Delta United dropping out of Master's this year and Surrey United looking to move to VMSL Master's following in the footsteps of Temple United. Anyone to confirm?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey seems unlikely to happen this year as VMSL Masters Prem is already on an even 10 teams. Unless they are willing to start in Masters D1...

Also, it would be odd to split the club with Masters in a diff league than the open teams

KingFisher

Dec 12, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey seems unlikely to happen this year as VMSL Masters Prem is already on an even 10 teams. Unless they are willing to start in Masters D1...

Also, it would be odd to split the club with Masters in a diff league than the open teams

Sorry Dezza, I should have elaborated. I heard they were looking at Master's 1 spot. Supposedly VUFC Rangers spot is up for grabs.

I agree it would be odd to split the club with the open team in FVSL, however, how many of the Masters guys have played Open in the past season. I guess that would be taken into consideration.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confirmed from the Delta group - they are done....2 guys retired, one moved to over 45s and 3 of their best moved to North Delta....with no feeder system they are done...Delta men’s program officially dead

KingFisher

Dec 12, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
That only leaves 4 Master's teams in the Premier Division in FVSL. It's going to be interesting to see what they plan on doing there.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
They play each other 6 times each for a 18 game league. Then go straight to semi finals then finals for cup play.
21 games, But in the end! They all get a BC spot! Lol
You get a spot, you get a spot, you get a spot!

KingFisher

Dec 12, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Newest rumor has South Surrey packing it in this year as well leaving 3 teams.

I don't know if merging the Div 1 and Premier will help because the gulf in play is so big that Port Moody, Surrey United and ND would have a field day and make it a 3 team league anyway.

KingFisher

Dec 12, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I hear, it's more of a "joint" foundation with alot of the Peg Open Premier players ready to make the move to Master's.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg definitely have guys ready to move to Masters and Temple have a decent squad that need refreshing. They were third place in the FVSL the last couple of years, but certainly capable of hanging with the "big boys" of Port Moody/Surrey/ND. They also made the Provincial Cup semis two seasons back. I would expect this to be a competitive squad in the VMSL and push for a Provincial Cup spot.

As for what remains now in the FVSL, it is certainly distressing. With Delta confirmed to be folding the league will be forced to get creative. I know after finishing last place South Surrey were going to be relegated with Fraser Valley Players confirmed to be taking promotion from Masters 1. Not sure then if SSFC have packed it in or perhaps just amalgamated with their existing MD1 side "Insurgency". Regardless, that still leaves only 4 teams in Masters Premier with ND, Surrey, PoMo and Players. Presumably MD1 is now down to 8 teams with Temple B likely forming part of the Peg merger and possibly 7 teams if South Surrey are down to one entrant.

Perhaps the league might look into a hybrid schedule similar to that of the VISL. MP and MD1 teams play everybody once for 10 games then MP sides play twice more and MD1 play reverse fixtures? That would leave both leagues with a 16 game schedule with one bye for MP sides and two for MD1. Total shot in the dark here, but you have to think some kind of solution like this makes more sense than a four team Masters Premier where the teams play each other six times or something ridiculous.

On a side note, when we get around to asking why the Masters Provincial A Cup is only a 12 team tournament, look no further than this. There simply are not enough teams playing Masters at a top level outside of the VMSL.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am told that the FVSL is indeed exploring creative solutions to the Masters Premier problem. One of which would be something akin to as speculated above with a joint MP/MD1 schedule.

However, another more interesting idea being brainstormed is to somehow merge with the VISL Masters Premier. Teams would travel in pairs to and from the Island/Mainland and share a bus, etc. Double headers and then everyone heads back. Apparently Cowichan and Vic West are very keen on this idea. Might be tough to pull off, but certainly points for creativity.

KingFisher

Dec 12, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumours going around some of the Temple United Master's players are looking at entering their own team back in FVSL Master's Prem. No idea if that's true or not, I have asked a few of the guys and they are staying fairly quiet at this point.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's with all the postponed games for week 1 here? a few scheduled to play and the rest a shitshow?

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's with all the postponed games for week 1 here? a few scheduled to play and the rest a shitshow?

Coastal Vintage dropped out so on Thursday the league sent out a new opening schedule instead of just giving their opponent the weekend off, so it ended up being too short notice for some teams to rearrange with their teams to make sure enough players could make the game.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts