Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Master's Premier 2019/2020

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1570377567831.png

Can Surrey United grab 2 BC berths? Asking for a friend.

Also, maybe the club should try calling master players "down" to their premier team rather than relying on youth callups?

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well not so exciting posting 8 and 9 nil drubbings but there actually may be a real game on Friday delta in port moody. Or moody still just score 9 and call it a nite after 60min. This might be the league final, cup final, provincial final and national final. Sorry got carried away not the national final of course. Hahahahaha.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a good battle and one kick was the difference. 1-0 Port Moody. Both teams knew they played a game the next morning. And the morning after that.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you need a secret squirrel pen to access the standings and scores on the FVSL site for this division?

Rosie11

Sep 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a good battle and one kick was the difference. 1-0 Port Moody. Both teams knew they played a game the next morning. And the morning after that.
Fair credit to the other teams in the division (only 1 forfeit so far), but I forgot how much I enjoyed playing in a competitive game and even more so, having a beer and a laugh after with the other team after a hard battle.

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question for you fellas: Can two teams within the same club (A&B) move players within the division to play on both teams when needed? Say signing on the B team and playing "up" to the A team...

Rosie11

Sep 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Daring to be the sound of reason, cuz to be honest I don't like that 'Dave' guy as much as the next person, but this season was always going to be a shitshow with Delta folding and Temple merging with Peg and was only made worse when the team (I can't remember who) folded the week the season was to begin.

If I remember correctly, going into September there was a 'premier' (division that was being held together by pro-wrap and used tape) and a division 1 and teams would have been able to use A and B teams with no problem. Expecting clubs to have re-structured their set-up a week before the season would have been equally ridiculous.
After this week, hopefully, there will be some semblance of normalcy again. After the break it is my understanding that the league will be back into two divisions again and this should sort out the A and B team problem. The reality is that these clubs, at least Surrey U and North Delta, have historically relied on the club system for these teams to compete.

Hopefully going forwards after this season we can re-establish two leagues and we won't have to go through the tiering again, but just as other leagues are having similar issues, that's all dependent on whether teams will take promotion or not.

On a side note... has anyone had problems with A and B teams unfairly using the system to their advantage?
Also, have any of the A and B teams actually played each other?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
After the break it is my understanding that the league will be back into two divisions again and this should sort out the A and B team problem.

Hopefully going forwards after this season we can re-establish two leagues and we won't have to go through the tiering again, but just as other leagues are having similar issues, that's all dependent on whether teams will take promotion or not.

On a side note... has anyone had problems with A and B teams unfairly using the system to their advantage?
Also, have any of the A and B teams actually played each other?

SU A vs. SU B was frozen out the other week. ND A vs. ND B is this week.

My question is when is the FVSL planning this restructuring? If only the top four teams are being put in a "Premier" division to compete for Provincial Cup spots, how are they going to do that for the New Year when there are a ton of make up games still on the schedule? The obvious team who would want to ensure the schedule is played to completion before restructuring is South Surrey FC who look to be right at the edge of cracking the top four and would need a couple of wins and some results in order to make it.

Also can a team have an A and B team both in this top 4? Both ND B and SU B are knocking on the door with SU B have three games to make up. Presumably they wouldn't want their B teams in the top tier as this defeats the purpose of having them, but if it meant potentially two shots at the Provincials who knows.

Has anybody in charge of these teams heard from the league on the plan moving forward?

Dave.......??
Anybody...?
Bueller....???

Rosie11

Sep 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I haven't heard anything official about the break-up of the league and curious about some of the specifics.
From what I have seen or know about the teams, there is enough competition for a larger upper division than just 4. PoMo, ND, Chilliwack and Surrey United are all there for sure, but I also thought that Aldergrove Players, South Surrey and PoCo had enough talent to be in Premier.
As for the B teams, like I had said earlier, I think the clubs rely on the player movement, making teams in the same division unrealistic.

Aug 12, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
The re tiering takes effect for January.

top 4 into premier group (3 provincials spots I believe?)

next4 into division 1 grouping ( qualifying for provincial b masters cup)

last 6 together with a chance to finally play at the correct level.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I haven't heard anything official about the break-up of the league and curious about some of the specifics.
From what I have seen or know about the teams, there is enough competition for a larger upper division than just 4. PoMo, ND, Chilliwack and Surrey United are all there for sure, but I also thought that Aldergrove Players, South Surrey and PoCo had enough talent to be in Premier.
As for the B teams, like I had said earlier, I think the clubs rely on the player movement, making teams in the same division unrealistic.
That sounds like a 2 team premier division to me.

Very tough one....May have to form the division with top 8 and let natural graduation of guys turning 35 and wanting high level masters ball sort it out over the coming years.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts